• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In defence of the PAP

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hold on to your horses before you get worked up with the title of this post. Allow me to put forth my observation.

I have known a few former pap MPs and still know some present pap MPs. They are not considered "higher office material" by the pap leadership. These people are actually quite nice and sincere. Down to earth and have exhibited various degrees of humility, both in their profession as well as in their capacity as MPs. I shall not name names.........

Perhaps those nicer pap MPs do not have the courage to go against the establishment and face the consequences. I don't know, because I am not in their position. To be placed between a rock and hard place, thats quite a shitty place to be in. Others with weak personal beliefs will be sucked into the vortex. I will not name name

Don't get taken in by them..

You should obviously know that these Pappies are great wayang actors and actresses..

If those so called nicer PAP MPs have any conscience left in them, they should be brave enough to leave the PAP or at least give the middle finger to their Party bosses for the many bastard policies that are affecting this country now..

jw5

Loyal
me don't mind because me is a nobody, only curious why you weren't mentioned :o:o:o

me also nobody, but I thought my comment about neat white uniforms was quite funny................

jw5

Loyal
I agree that not all PAP MPs are scums but the behaviour of chaps like Zorro Lim made me think other wise..

Easily 50% of my posts in this forum have something to do with him, either directly or indirectly.
He is just so damn smug and condescending........................
"Workers need to be more productive." :rolleyes:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Easily 50% of my posts in this forum have something to do with him, either directly or indirectly.
He is just so damn smug and condescending........................
"Workers need to be more productive." :rolleyes:

Really a tragedy to have him as a Minister for so long..:mad:

One of Spore's blackest day ever when Zorro Lim was chosen to be a PAP candidate in 1997..

swampfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro <b>dreamer1</b>, I never had the pleasure of meeting the great Mr Lim and also Mr Fong. So I can't compare, but I do know they were titans in their days and feared by the pap leadership.

Yes bro <b>zhihau</b>, I am looking forward to the next two elections too. When we chip away at this pap monster. I think wards with pap heavyweights/ministers will be hit the hardest. People are starting to realise they are biggest condescending assholes.

Bro <b>jw5</b>, yes your comment about the neat white uniforms was quite funny. :smile:

Bro <b>zeddy</b>, it takes plenty of courage to walk away from an institution like the pap. One never knows what will become of one's life and career if the departure was less than cordial. Like I said, torn between a rock and a hard place. Zorro is not only an embarassment to the pap but to the whole of Singapore.

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
No one from the PAP in cabinet today, and that includes LHL, deserves the title and the pay of a Minister or leader, or the respect and trust and confidence of the people. None of them can hold a candle to the Old Guards (altho Old Man himself did fill himself with hubris and self-righteouness when he had the field alone to himself after casting out his comrades). All of them including the MPs are in it for their own gains, milking the system, enjoying the largesse, misusing/abusing the networks...

LKY's belief that only the PAP can provide the leadership will crumble to dust after him. Singapore is doomed if we continue to rely on the PAP. It has turned rotten, incompetent, gazing at its own navel, if not downright rogue. We have to build alternatives quickly, and give support to the fledgling Opposition to prove themselves. We need an insurance policy.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hold on to your horses before you get worked up with the title of this post. Allow me to put forth my observation.

I have known a few former pap MPs and still know some present pap MPs. They are not considered "higher office material" by the pap leadership. These people are actually quite nice and sincere. Down to earth and have exhibited various degrees of humility, both in their profession as well as in their capacity as MPs. I shall not name names. In short, truly likeable people with idealistic outlook. These are the ones who do not agree with policies but are forced to comply due to the Party Whip.

Contrast them with those the pap considers higher office material, the ministers. Almost everyone of them is an asshole. We know who they are. Arrogant and live their charmed lives with an elitist air. These are the ones we like to see hammered and humiliated. It is quite apparent that one needs to be an asshole to ascend to the pap leadership. These are the ones who are making life unbearable for singaporeans. These are the ones responsible for our misery. If the pap is rid of most of them, I dare say they can salvage most of the lost support. But I can't see that happening in the near and intermediate future.

Those who are quite nice and sincere are actually the smarter ones. They leave the obscene act to the assholes while they enjoy behind the curtain. Party whip is used to control votes but does not prevent nice and sincere people from speaking up against unpopular policies vehemently. Blaming the party whip is the dumbest for they knew it is always there before signing on the dotted line. They are actually The Silence Motherfuckers!

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wake up your bloody idea lah.

If they are really nice and sincere, they would join the PAP meh?

Bloody hell. I was having a nice weekend and enjoying my Saturday morning, then I come here and read this post, and it sends my blood boiling.

WTF!

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
don't think me can fit inside my old Chung Cheng uniform... those white berms would be very tight on my balls too :p:p:p

Sorry. In the old days, you can continue in the same school, doing pre-U, until 18. Those uniforms, if you have not developed a belly will still fit.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very well said.

Its is common thing that we find in our daily lives - people we know and we like are less likely to be in the wrong.

Those who are quite nice and sincere are actually the smarter ones. They leave the obscene act to the assholes while they enjoy behind the curtain. Party whip is used to control votes but does not prevent nice and sincere people from speaking up against unpopular policies vehemently. Blaming the party whip is the dumbest for they knew it is always there before signing on the dotted line. They are actually The Silence Motherfuckers!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
TS

You would be better of by telling what the PAP or the MPs in question that you know have done on various issues. The PAP over the years have done a tremendously difficult job and delivered a swathe of impressive policies that have translated into tangible gains and raised the quality of life for Singapore and SIngaporeans. They also make mistakes. There was therefore alot of support and people tolerated some of the misdeeds.

Since 1985 when CPF reached 25+25=50%, it has been slow decline. The bads have overtaken the good stuff and they seem rudderless and have no idea what to fix and they still hell bent on growing GDP by handing over this country to foreigners. We have become displaced by own leaders.

There are still good things that PAP does and you might to highlight these. If you are not sure what they have done, just raise what are the issues and we can have debate or a discourse.

You cannot have a debate by doing what you did in post 1. Sorry to be blunt, I think you are a nice guy but such statements have little value. If I ask an MPs' families about their performances, I guarantee you it will be all As.