• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

In Australia, they throw away resume of FT's. In Singapore, the opposite happens.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it depends on the individual doing the hiring. An Italian manager hired me in Canada for a sales position and he said to me, "Some people will buy from you because of your race, some won't buy from you because of your race." And he was right. He was being very down to earth and realistic. In the commercial world, money matters before other considerations.

Cheers!

Western nations don't want to hire chinks because they cannot be trusted.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually it depends on the individual doing the hiring. An Italian manager hired me in Canada for a sales position and he said to me, "Some people will buy from you because of your race, some won't buy from you because of your race." And he was right. He was being very down to earth and realistic. In the commercial world, money matters before other considerations.

Cheers!

Maybe he was also discriminated before because he was Italian.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. He related to me his younger days and how racial lines were drawn out in the city. At the time he interviewed me, he was 75, single, very fit for his age, and he had a Vietnamese girlfriend in her forties. I stayed in that job for around six months and went on to work in an Indian owned company. Well, the owner was Indian, and the staff was very mixed - whites, south Asians, Chinese, afros. The world we live in is getting very colourful and mixed. The thing to bear in mind is to keep our personal ego behind and step forward and be positive and contributive no matter what the circumstances. At home, we can be Chinese or Buddhist and practice our own culture and preferences, but outside, we just have to be a part of society.

Cheers!

Maybe he was also discriminated before because he was Italian.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Been looking for an Overseas Manager in Thailand for past 3 weeks and received about 251 applications last count this morning. 63 of them are non Thais, out of these are 5 angmohs and the test south asians. I threw the 63 out immediately of course as I'm looking for Thais only which was mentioned in the advert. Funny right?

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. He related to me his younger days and how racial lines were drawn out in the city. At the time he interviewed me, he was 75, single, very fit for his age, and he had a Vietnamese girlfriend in her forties. I stayed in that job for around six months and went on to work in an Indian owned company. Well, the owner was Indian, and the staff was very mixed - whites, south Asians, Chinese, afros. The world we live in is getting very colourful and mixed. The thing to bear in mind is to keep our personal ego behind and step forward and be positive and contributive no matter what the circumstances. At home, we can be Chinese or Buddhist and practice our own culture and preferences, but outside, we just have to be a part of society.

Cheers!

That is a very balanced view which im sure leads to better mental health....unlike some of these tools like escher who dont grasp the idea of living as part of the world and not in your own bubble.

Its also amazing how many singos change their way of thinking once they go overseas to look for a job.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Been looking for an Overseas Manager in Thailand for past 3 weeks and received about 251 applications last count this morning. 63 of them are non Thais, out of these are 5 angmohs and the test south asians. I threw the 63 out immediately of course as I'm looking for Thais only which was mentioned in the advert. Funny right?

That is discriminatory joetys. In meritocratic singapore, we would have interviewed everyone, then tell the sinkie they are neither as suave as the guailows and keklengs nor as value for money as the newly emerging market talents which has some truth in it. You folks must be doing something wrong as thousands of HR professionals cannot be mistaken.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
That is discriminatory joetys. In meritocratic singapore, we would have interviewed everyone, then tell the sinkie they are neither as suave as the guailows and keklengs nor as value for money as the newly emerging market talents which has some truth in it. You folks must be doing something wrong as thousands of HR professionals cannot be mistaken.

No la not discriminatory. They are so desperate even I said I only looking for local Thais they still apply especially those shitskins just got another this morning a Gupta from University of Rajasthan

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal

What losers these kelings and ang mohs are. Don't even know how to read an advert.