• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

If you have been in Shanghai from 2008 to present, please read on.....

lesMISERABLES

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diseased pork eaten in Shanghai for years, says farmer

The thousands of dead pigs fished out of Shanghai's Huangpu river last month have lifted the lid on the formerly hush-hush practice of selling diseased pig carcasses for human consumption, reports Hong Kong's Wen Wei Po.

"You Shanghai people have no idea how many diseased pigs you have eaten over the years," a restaurant owner near Jiaxing told Wen Wei Po. The newspaper found that many local farmers regularly sell their dead pigs at a discount price of around 1 yuan (US$0.16) per kilogram to recover their losses.

The restaurant owner claims that the diseased pig carcasses are usually transported up to Shanghai in bread vans and concealed behind a wooden board. A van can usually transport seven or eight pigs at a time, he added.

Jiaxing, which raises 7 million pigs a year, made headlines last December when 17 members of an illegal slaughterhouse were given prison sentences for selling diseased pigs from the start of 2008.

Investigations revealed that prior to the arrests the group had collected 77,000 diseased pigs for resale, making a total of 8.65 million yuan (US$1.39 million) in profit.

Source: http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20130402000032&cid=1103

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Diseased pork eaten in Shanghai for years, says farmer

The thousands of dead pigs fished out of Shanghai's Huangpu river last month have lifted the lid on the formerly hush-hush practice of selling diseased pig carcasses for human consumption, reports Hong Kong's Wen Wei Po.

"You Shanghai people have no idea how many diseased pigs you have eaten over the years," a restaurant owner near Jiaxing told Wen Wei Po. The newspaper found that many local farmers regularly sell their dead pigs at a discount price of around 1 yuan (US$0.16) per kilogram to recover their losses.

The restaurant owner claims that the diseased pig carcasses are usually transported up to Shanghai in bread vans and concealed behind a wooden board. A van can usually transport seven or eight pigs at a time, he added.

Jiaxing, which raises 7 million pigs a year, made headlines last December when 17 members of an illegal slaughterhouse were given prison sentences for selling diseased pigs from the start of 2008.

Investigations revealed that prior to the arrests the group had collected 77,000 diseased pigs for resale, making a total of 8.65 million yuan (US$1.39 million) in profit.

Source: http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?id=20130402000032&cid=1103

SHI...T.

.nor wonder the pork bun taste funny when i was there in 2008...near Nanking Road....

Never, never trust another Chinaman..even they are your own kind....

But..but i met a kind soul in Zhangjiang, s city just after Hainan island...we shared a cab he refused to take my fare as he said it is on his way...by the way...he is a teacher...

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
latest!!

Pigs, ducks and now bodies in China river
Saibal Dasgupta, TNN | Apr 2, 2013

BEIJING: A city government in northwestern China has said it fishes out 100 human bodies every year from the Yellow River, a major source of irrigation and drinking water across a large part of the country. Most of the bodies flow downstream and get stuck near a local hydropower station, municipal authorities in Lanzhou in Ganshu province said.

The statement by Lanzhou authorities comes within days of 16,000 dead pigs being found in a river near Shanghai, and 1,000 dead ducks fished out of another river in China's Sichuan province.

As with authorities in two other cities, Lanzhou officials said human bodies do not affect the quality of the water in the river, and this was borne out in monthly inspections on the city's drinking water supply. These are mostly bodies of swimmers who drown or people committing suicide, it said.

Shanghai authorities have also taken a similar stand saying the pigs found floating in the river died of a disease that does not affect human beings. But questions are being raised about how the water remained unaffected by decomposing bodies.

The civil affairs bureau said it will stop the use of private divers who help families of the deceased to take out the bodies for a fee. The standard procedure is deploying staff members for this work and help the family members identity it, the bureau said.

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no nid 2 haf been 2 shanghai, but eaten sausages from china, can oredi ...

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you are a vegetarian, you will not have such problem.

Tony, I wouldn't eat the veggies, or fruits from China, buy local or Malaysian. My HK friend told me his family never bought any famous branded soy sauce or food products from PRC while in HK - they could be fakes from China!

Cheers!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tony, I wouldn't eat the veggies, or fruits from China, buy local or Malaysian. My HK friend told me his family never bought any famous branded soy sauce or food products from PRC while in HK - they could be fakes from China!

Cheers!

i have never been to China and no plans to go there too. I am anti-china.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eating dead diseased pigs is a virtue...................don't waste mah................after all, eat so many years also ok leh...........with proper cooking, bacteria die liao mah..............