• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

'If I hadn't run, many would have spoiled votes': Tan Jee Say

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would vote TJS again, as I will not vote TT. and the one that spoilt the chances was TKL so please blame the right person. TJS represents the opposition and he got the hard core Oppo votes. that is a done deal. TT got the hard core PAP votes and TCB got the middle ground votes. TKL got the votes of those who felt indebted to him or just stupid people who voted for him. Cos of TKL, TT is in power. The ones that are to blame is TKL and his voters.
You are just like your nick, + moron, LOL

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubted TCB as much as TT. PAP had flouted the idea of dividing the party into 2 groups to show sinkies that there are people questioning them and this may be the case. All NGO, Unions and Clans are controlled. There is no watch over the govt. They will not allow a truly independent candidate as EP.

Unfortunately 10% of opposition voters believe TCB is a viable alternative many of whom are active in this forum. That is the sorry state of the electorate's maturity.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
He isn't very bright. I've been very disappointed to know that he was a PPS. Isn't it any wonder that we are all in dire straits?

The person who was a letdown in PE2011 was TCB. For someone who was supposed to have decades of political acumen he showed nothing of it. All he needed to do was to garner a small percentage of opposition votes to win. His meager attempt to elicit voted with his lackadaisical attitude towards bread and butter issues led to his downfall. All he had to do was to say that he would speak up on bread and butter issues and if challenged, all he had to say was that if the president couldn't talk about bread and butter issues then what use is the president of the country?

TSJ and TKL are just egomaniacs who lacked stature and experience to win over a sizeable percentage to win PE2011. TCB lost due to poor strategy and a lack of understanding of the electorate.

Basically he could not bridge the divide which he wished to do.
During his campaign he spoke with PAP at the back of his mind.
He remembers the hand that fed him.

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
i say many many time already, history have show that SDP is the sabo king.

a school boy will tell you, if the wayang man not in the race, that 25% of the
votes will either go to TCB or TKL.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately 10% of opposition voters believe TCB is a viable alternative many of whom are active in this forum. That is the sorry state of the electorate's maturity.

These are the moderate opposition voters with more centrist views than the hardline opposition.
They see TCB as a moderate, so they voted that way.
Nothing wrong with that. Afterall there are 6 seats in parliament now belonging to moderate oppositions.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are the moderate opposition voters with more centrist views than the hardline opposition.
They see TCB as a moderate, so they voted that way.
Nothing wrong with that. Afterall there are 6 seats in parliament now belonging to moderate oppositions.

I feel that "centrist" is not a political view in SG context. This population is made up of apolitical people motivated by whoever seems more capable, handsome, likeable, etc and would vote either direction.

Last edited:

jeesus

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is funny that TJS haters keep bringing in SDP, where TJS was member for only a few months.

If you believe that TJS is an opportunist (i sure do, as i believe all politicians to be opportunists), then you will see that TJS joined SDP only because of the GE. Now, I dont even care where this guy came from or how he suddenly popped up. We cannot afford that kind of consideration when the ruling party is fielding the likes of TPL, Janil, KeeChiuChan, etc. With PAP fielding monkeys, I dont mind voting for baboons. I dont even need to like baboons, disliking monkeys is good enough reason.

Right after the GE, there were speculations that TJS will be trying his luck for a COE for the PE, for no reason other than an excuse to exit SDP. When he received the COE, that came as a surprise, and support in the form of donations and volunteers flowed in. You can't fault the man for trying his luck. Again, all politicians are opportunists. Hell, how bad can this be compared to new MPs getting into parliament through GRC backdoor.

The presidency is largely a ceremonial role. Many are against the idea of presidential election, because an elected president gives the parliament justification to empower the PAP endorsed president with executive powers, if the ruling party so wishes, at a time when it feels that it may lose its grip in parliament. Therefore installing a baboon helps prevent that from happening.

If TJS did not run, voters who are strongly against installing a PAP aligned president will spoil their votes. Voters who were swinging between TCB and TJS would vote for TCB.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
no doubt u r rt...n TJS is doing himself no favours by making such stupid self serving statements...however it sld be noted that TCB wld probably hv won the PE regardless of the TJS bloc if TKL had pulled out becoz TKL's voters wld probably hv gone for TCB n not the other 2 candidates for obvious reasons...
Many people may have spoilt their votes if TJS didn't run, but TCB only needed 0.34% of TJS's 25% to beat TT. That's less than 2% of TJS voters.

Ask any random selection of people that voted TJS who they would vote for if TJS didn't run and there is no doubt that there will be at least 5% more votes for TCB over TT.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
no doubt u r rt...n TJS is doing himself no favours by making such stupid self serving statements...however it sld be noted that TCB wld probably hv won the PE regardless of the TJS bloc if TKL had pulled out becoz TKL's voters wld probably hv gone for TCB n not the other 2 candidates for obvious reasons...

TJS was the least likely to get a COE...even dozens of other company CEOs could get it. Instead, he entered last but Yam Ah Mee either pitied him or was told to do so by the top. And thus you get your result.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is totally not true. TCB would have won if either TJS or TKL did not run for the PE. TJS did put up a good fight though.
Still, refusing to admit the fact is not right.
I have said enough on TKL. His supporters played a part too. Their votes were on TKL but not against Tony Tan.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is totally not true. TCB would have won if either TJS or TKL did not run for the PE. TJS did put up a good fight though.
Still, refusing to admit the fact is not right.
I have said enough on TKL. His supporters played a part too. Their votes were on TKL but not against Tony Tan.

Define good fight.

Whats4

Alfrescian
Loyal
You talk as though you will know the result before the election started. come on lah.. that is the SINKIE president election. SInkies are very 3rd world when comes to politics and elections.

I read someone posted about tactical voting. that will allow people to choose the type of president they want but you need a freedom of information for that and a culture of freedom to get that level of voting skills. IN sinkieland, you can't due to the 3rd worldness of sinkies.

practically all of them is the same. After election all talk so big and so loud. If they all so gd, tt and pap would not have won the election. All full of hot air and no substance. GE they curse and swear at pap voters. That is understandable. Pe they did it at again but at other opposition voters who share the same boat as them. This is the characteristics of the members at sbf, hurl abuse at other minority of the voters u dun like.

Last edited:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Define good fight.

My definition is FUCK YOU, understand? The statement i made is based on my personal perception towards the result. Why must i define it for you just because you asked? Kan ni na bu lao chee bye, understand? :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
practically all of them is the same. After election all talk so big and so loud. If they all so gd, tt and pap would not have won the election. All full of hot air and no substance. GE they curse and swear at pap voters. That is understandable. Pe they did it at again but at other opposition voters who share the same boat as them. This is the characteristics of the members at sbf, hurl abuse at other minority of the voters u dun like.

What fucking same boat are you talking about when the votes were for individual candidates and not against Tony? :oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo: