• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I tendered my resignation without securing the next job. Here’s why I don’t mind.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a Singaporean in Queensland who left Singapore because of debts that he could not service. He got by renting rooms to students from the house he rented. He now runs a business providing student accommodation, cleared his debt and doing well. Occasionally he comes to Singapore to see his mum and we catch-up.

He told me that he was in daze and just went to Changi Airport for some quiet and solitude and decided to runaway. he graduated from Queensland Uni years back and so knew the place and took advantage of it.

Got to admire people like that.

when I first came here I only knew one or two people, not a penny in pocket, not even a cloth on my back

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GLCs copied this practice from MNCs and large companies all over the World. A gap must be explained. There are firms that are engaged to conduct due diligence for gaps. These firms also use social media tools to complete gaps in your history without your knowledge. I have seen such reports and they are impressive. Control Risk is a UK firm that is does this for many companies around the world. They also use plagiarism detection tools to run your CV thru.

I think Control Risk has an office here. Sounds familiar. Some ex-mata must have been there.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep. But the senior positions is difficult to siam. Online application route which is now extensively used sends automatic feed to credit bureaus and agencies automatically. The CV attachment is immediately screened for plagiarism and risk score given. I was impressed to see what is behind all these. They employers have the upper hand. I know one case where you have to furnish 2 year bank transactional history.

Unless it is junior position, gone are the days.

On top of that in the employment contract there is a 3 months probation period, not only for the employee to see if the job is stabile but also for the employer to assess if the employee is suitable for the job. For some reason the dead woods seems to drift through this easily.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a Singaporean in Queensland who left Singapore because of debts that he could not service. He got by renting rooms to students from the house he rented. He now runs a business providing student accommodation, cleared his debt and doing well. Occasionally he comes to Singapore to see his mum and we catch-up.

He told me that he was in daze and just went to Changi Airport for some quiet and solitude and decided to runaway. he graduated from Queensland Uni years back and so knew the place and took advantage of it.

Got to admire people like that.

How did he get to stay so long on tourist visa?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to hear that. I did something like that once - I walked out of a job after a disagreement with my section supervisor once. No letter, nothing, just walked off and never returned.

Cheers!

........................... – I have tendered my resignation without securing the next job...................

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
He got his PR shortly after returning from OZ with a degree and working here. I always advocated to apply for overseas PR and hold in case of you want to make the move. Not sure now but in those years, you did not have to move for 5 years and they will extend it if you write in. DBS bank exe had it extended twice. 10 years and then they rejected it. So he sent his wife and kids and they extended it for him. Lots of smart people around.

How did he get to stay so long on tourist visa?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He got his PR shortly after returning from OZ with a degree and working here. I always advocated to apply for overseas PR and hold in case of you want to make the move. Not sure now but in those years, you did not have to move for 5 years and they will extend it if you write in. DBS bank exe had it extended twice. 10 years and then they rejected it. So he sent his wife and kids and they extended it for him. Lots of smart people around.

Ok thank you.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...this type of post and there are people who understand what he is saying....
this guy is a singaporean....
he was in debt....
he runs to Queensland and got a degree....
he returns to singapore and becums a PR.....
what a story....

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe it's more less still the same. 5 years re-entry visa, however for renewal, they require you to stay at least 1 year in aussieland before renewal. I think it's still possible for extension without renewal but that would be a lengthy process with justification.

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is a Singaporean in Queensland who left Singapore because of debts that he could not service. He got by renting rooms to students from the house he rented.

What happen if someone were to owe the banks credit card bills, managed to secure a job overseas, made the move and default his credit cards liabilities in Singapore?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different country different banking system. Different bank, so no issue. Just make sure you don't go back till you cleared your debt.

What happen if someone were to owe the banks credit card bills, managed to secure a job overseas, made the move and default his credit cards liabilities in Singapore?

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Different country different banking system. Different bank, so no issue. Just make sure you don't go back till you cleared your debt.

Thanks mate. That would be the last resort. Will still try to clear it before leaving.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow... You so smart to believe all this information from Internet??? Why you do not believe those reports showing that Singapore government are doing a good job and with thousands of report ranking Singapore as one of the best place to live in??? Who is the dumbfuck now???:kma:

The PAP is a good spin master ...and sinkapore being so irrelevant in the world scene, gets away with it as no one bother to dig deeper.
Sinkapore's official statistics is no better than the PRC's official statistics.