• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I should have listened to my daughter, says victim's dad

KuTuu

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20121224104013_st_harrassed_zpsa3db4621.jpg

By Tan Sin Chow
The Star/Asia News Network
Monday, Dec 24, 2012

GEORGE TOWN - A 54-year-old father is now sorry that he did not believe the complaints of his daughter that her uncle had made advances towards her.

The girl had claimed that the uncle, 56, molested and hugged her on numerous occasions when nobody was at home. On one occasion in December last year, he is said to have raped her in her bedroom.

As she could not take the abuse and mental torture any longer, the girl decided to flee the family house in Air Itam in May this year.

That was when her uncle's disgraceful act was exposed.

Family members found a letter in her bedroom where she had penned down the chronology of events.

The uncle, a businessman, has since left the state. A police report was lodged on July 1 on the alleged rape incident.

"She had told us that her uncle had hugged her several times.

"I did not take it seriously, thinking that the hugs were merely a way of an uncle expressing his care or concern towards his niece. I also could not believe my own brother would do this.

"But my conscience told me that I should listen to my daughter before we decided to expose this family scandal," the father said, adding that they had since moved out from the house and rented another place in Bandar Baru Air Itam.

He said his daughter had been going to school as usual, adding that she has to attend counselling session on a regular basis.

The father made the disclosure at the press conference organised by the Parti Cinta Malaysia Youth wing.

George Town OCPD Asst Comm Gan Kong Meng said the suspect was a wanted man.

"We have raided the house a few times but could not find him. We urge him to surrender himself to assist us in the probe.

"Those with information can contact us at 04-218 1846," he said, adding that the case was being investigated as incest.