• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i need a new phone...recommedation please.

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Any phone expert here.. i am changing my mobile phone..and is looking at either LG Ku 990 or the Iphone.....

I have always had phones with very basic features... but would like one which offers me something different this time.. if got GPS even better..:biggrin:

Any other recommendation besides the LGku990 and iphone? budget below $400... and that will be my most expensive phone to date.... . if no need cash even better...:biggrin: :biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if no need cash even better...:biggrin: :biggrin:

no nid cash... ok... use dish...:wink::biggrin::p

2IMG_4813.jpg

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
are HTC phones any good???

Window Mobile... MS Window... MS WINDOW!!! Will hang one!!! My last phone HTC D810... Ring ring... press ans... phone hang for 2 min until the other party hang up... By the time the phone "unhang" caller hang up leow... Boey tahan and had to chg back to Nokia N81...

New model i duuno goot onot... My D810 is WM 6... Now is 6.1... not much diff... so i dun think i m touching Window Mobile Phone anytime soon...:biggrin::biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
ms .. u know i know nuts about phone..
what is WM 6????

edited.. ------------------
sorry i figured that out... Window moible..
--------------
so basically avoid windows based mobile...?? but my 5 years old HP PDA (using WM) still working fine lay.. and it was FREE...

New model i duuno goot onot... My D810 is WM 6... Now is 6.1... not much diff... so i dun think i m touching Window Mobile Phone anytime soon...:biggrin::biggrin:

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal
load of problems with the existing phone:(

one button got struck,
sms goes haywire.. dish out rubbish...
reception bad...
camera not working....

what hp is it? still under warranty? why lg? what is the draw to that hp and then maybe there are other hp in similar price range which offer that and more?

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
i am using motorrola ..cannot remember the model though...

have not really decide what to get.. any suggestions?

what hp is it? still under warranty? why lg? what is the draw to that hp and then maybe there are other hp in similar price range which offer that and more?

pweesng

Alfrescian
Loyal
HTC Touch Diamond is not bad lah... got everything you need.

Yes it is WM6.1, but it is not as bad as some of the phones i have used.

WM is the "operating system" for your pda phones. with the window OS, you can customised your phone to the way you like using the numerous softwares available in the internet.

Symbiam phones are much better these days too. The old problem of not being able to hotsync with outlook hasn't come up for a while now. We are also seeing some customisation programs coming up for Symbian (traditionally the nokia pda phones)

If my views are needed... this is what i woudl recommend:-

touch screen phone: HTC Diamond
FUN Phone: iphone
non touch screen with QWERTY KB: Nokia E71 or HTC Touch Pro. (i prefer E71 though)

Cheers,
pweesng

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ms .. u know i know nuts about phone..
what is WM 6????

edited.. ------------------
sorry i figured that out... Window moible..
--------------
so basically avoid windows based mobile...?? but my 5 years old HP PDA (using WM) still working fine lay.. and it was FREE...

Window Mobile version 6...:biggrin: Golden rule of HP... More function... more problems... If u nid a reliable 1 4 business use, get 1 with lesser function... u be surprise all those Nokia 2/3 series usually dun hab much problem...:biggrin::biggrin:

Nokia N96... De most advance n expensive Nokia phone... It has everything but full of problems as well...

I suggest u go HWZ n readup on the model u 1 2 buy... 6 at some of the problems posted by user n ask urself can u live with them onot...

Last edited:

Tianyou83

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any phone expert here.. i am changing my mobile phone..and is looking at either LG Ku 990 or the Iphone.....

I have always had phones with very basic features... but would like one which offers me something different this time.. if got GPS even better..:biggrin:

Any other recommendation besides the LGku990 and iphone? budget below $400... and that will be my most expensive phone to date.... . if no need cash even better...:biggrin: :biggrin:

Hey, see if you want to consider Samsung? I am using i780, apparently not too bad. Got GPS with loaded map from AGIS. Heard the price dropped with discount.

Cheers!

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
thanks.. will look into that... :smile:

HTC Touch Diamond is not bad lah... got everything you need.

touch screen phone: HTC Diamond
FUN Phone: iphone
non touch screen with QWERTY KB: Nokia E71 or HTC Touch Pro. (i prefer E71 though)

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
ms.. u know i am a cheapo when comes to phone.. u still recommend me so expensive one..:mad: i rather spend the money on food.. :biggrin:

Nokia N96... De most advance n expensive Nokia phone... It has everything but full of problems as well...

I s..