• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I made it! I'm going to Canada!

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
After your year at Queens, you'll be back. :smile:

Hello everyone. I used to be active in this forum (before it split into 2), years ago, under another nick.

Now I'm back with a new identity to share the good news. After 5 years of planning is some setbacks, I'm on my way to fulfilling my dream of living in Canada. I'll go going there via the study route. A Master's degree, then hopefully a job.

Just want to say hi to all the bros who have gone this route and helped others like me with advice over the years. Hey, maybe we can link up. I'll land in Kingston, Ontario.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I don't. You'll broaden your horizons a lot faster if you integrate into the local community. "Fellow Nationals" are relics of your past. You gain nothing mixing with sinkies regardless of their political affiliations.

The fellow Singaporeans need to sit and whine and blame their inability to get a job (in Ontario!) or any of their other failures on Lee Kuan Yew.

Last edited:

J_Tay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm. Most of the responses here are unexpected. In the past, there's always talk about meeting up and sharing experiences for S'pore migrants. Now I'm getting 'forget S'pore and avoid all Sinkees' and 'by starting this thread you've proven you're not good enough for Canada'.

Wow, i dunno what to say. But whatever your conclusion, I am committed to settling down there and have planned this for years. So any negative talk isn't going to scare me. In fact, I'll come back every now and then to share my own experience and adVISE any like-minded person who wants to make the jump too.

Be seein' ya.

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of Ontario, you should have moved to Alberta.

Lots of fresh air in Alberta and oil money.

Also, the Ang Moh women in Alberta got a fetish for Asian men.

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I'll come back every now and then to share my own experience and adVISE any like-minded person who wants to make the jump too."

Hi J_Tay,

Good luck to you. All migrants have rosy picture before migrate. They even wrote the same thing as you. After a while, nobody hear from them anymore.

Sharing from Martin Luther King Jr "I have a dream "

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see."

"We will have to repent in this generation not merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people." -

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
"I'll come back every now and then to share my own experience and adVISE any like-minded person who wants to make the jump too."

Hi J_Tay,

Good luck to you. All migrants have rosy picture before migrate. They even wrote the same thing as you. After a while, nobody hear from them anymore.

Well sometimes it is because we are too busy enjoying our new lives to come in here and tcss. :lol:

Anyway J_Tay, all the best to you. Don't need to think so hard lah. Just do it!

I never respond cos I am in Edmonton and you are going to Eastern Canada so unlikely we will meet up. Cheers!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hmm. Most of the responses here are unexpected. In the past, there's always talk about meeting up and sharing experiences for S'pore migrants. Now I'm getting 'forget S'pore and avoid all Sinkees' and 'by starting this thread you've proven you're not good enough for Canada'.

Wow, i dunno what to say. But whatever your conclusion, I am committed to settling down there and have planned this for years. So any negative talk isn't going to scare me. In fact, I'll come back every now and then to share my own experience and adVISE any like-minded person who wants to make the jump too.

Be seein' ya.

All of us learn from past experience. Unfortunately, Singaporean migrants do not always give good advice compared to the locals.
Unless you got kids and need community support eg church. I think migrants are better off making friends with the locals or other migrants.
After you shag enough Canadian girls, you may find the Singapore varieties pretty boring. hahaha

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of us learn from past experience. Unfortunately, Singaporean migrants do not always give good advice compared to the locals.
Unless you got kids and need community support eg church. I think migrants are better off making friends with the locals or other migrants.
After you shag enough Canadian girls, you may find the Singapore varieties pretty boring. hahaha

CHEEBYE neddy,

this month you did not pay your ex-wife maintenance $$ again. fuck u. faster pay up, dun be so 'smelly chow kuan':oIo::oIo:

KNNB stop pretending to be successful in aussie when you didn't even have the capability or integrity to pay up what u owe. :oIo::oIo:

buzzlightyear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canada is a nice place. The degrees are cheap, much cheaper than Aus or USA. Good choice. I think under the Ontario Provincial programme, they give out PRs to 1000 master deg grads annually.

So if you can pass your masters, you MIGHT be lucky enough to get PR str8. If not you will have to apply for a graduate work visa, find a job, and try applying for PR after 1-2 years.