• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have heard that at DBS they give consultation for investments.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The financial/investment advisers in the banks are there to sell you their stuff (they call it investment products). The more they sell, the bigger is their bonus.

Go for an independent adviser that charges a fee ...they are more likely to offer better advice than to sell you products.

The better option is to learn some basics and do it yourself. 6 ETFs portfolio and rebalance annually will do the job. Average returns 7 percent. Annual cost - trading commission to rebalance.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...The better option is to learn some basics and do it yourself. 6 ETFs portfolio and rebalance annually will do the job. Average returns 7 percent. Annual cost - trading commission to rebalance.

I'm thinking of getting into ETFs. For a start I'll be using the services of Etrade to buy & sell ETFs. How capital do you recommend that someone start with:confused:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm thinking of getting into ETFs. For a start I'll be using the services of Etrade to buy & sell ETFs. How capital do you recommend that someone start with:confused:

You build it up over time ...$50k is the bare minimum in order to have 5 ETFs. $100k and above is an ideal start amount. Add on every year as you rebalance.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You build it up over time ...$50k is the bare minimum in order to have 5 ETFs. $100k and above is an ideal start amount. Add on every year as you rebalance.

US$50k was my initially target. If things go well I can always put more in.

Have heard that ETFs are less risky & I'm looking for alternatives to just equities.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DBS gave advice to many to invest mini bonds back then....

The CEO admitted a few weeks ago that they totally misread the financial market and as a result, lost about S$50million in misplaced hedging bets.
If that is the level of competence at the senior level, what do you think of the level at the branches?

cunnosieur

Alfrescian
Loyal
The CEO admitted a few weeks ago that they totally misread the financial market and as a result, lost about S$50million in misplaced hedging bets.
If that is the level of competence at the senior level, what do you think of the level at the branches?

996720_10201176693528814_2088104590_n.jpg

Joshua-Uriel Leong Lol...50k investment no problem

Charles Stephan CPF withdrawal....

Joshua-Uriel Leong LOL! better lose it to me and the hookers!

Charles Stephan Hookers - Gigolo whats the diff - lol

Joshua-Uriel Leong LOL

Joshua-Uriel Leong At least they can tell their wives "I lost ALL to my boyfriend"

Last edited:

Lambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey…from my experience with DBS, I feel they will not only help you with the consultation but their relationship managers also help you make the right investments…I have had the best of experience banking with them as they helped me understand and nurture financial planning...

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hey…from my experience with DBS, I feel they will not only help you with the consultation but their relationship managers also help you make the righ I have had the best of experience banking with them as they helped me understand and nurture financial planning...

You gotta be kidding me. Can you be a little less obvious?

War Criminal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy USD. Actually, a safe bet is buy Mcdonald's stock. Very stable, decent dividends. Likely best scenario: You get capital gains + dividends + USD appreciation.

And avoid Gold.

meepokboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
dbs personnel cant even invest properly themselves. i suggest you go for other consultation elsewhere

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is it? Basically, I want to invest big cash and hence would like consultation.

Basically same as Geylang street walking whores.
You hang around their branch lobby/banking hall and wait for them to accost you and try to
sell you their services. End result also similar..you usually get Fucked because these advisers are
motivated to up sell their financial products and have little real knowledge or concern for your welfare.