• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I have a question on Jesus Christ...

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should try and find this movie THe man from earth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

In it, it postulate a connection between Christianity and Buddhism.

Atheist don't find Monotheism appalling, they just find the concept of an almighty god to be one.

i am inclining towards eastern philosophies and religion. such as buddhism, daoism, etc.

anyway, all kind of religion, there are elements of mysticism and faith in it. so i don't find religions such as christianity or islam appalling like some of u atheist do.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jesus did not die on the cross?

He was saved and found Paul (Saul) and the two of the m found a new religion Christianity.

Jesus died in England where the St Paul Catheral is in London. Jesus died at age of 63. Some ofo the English monrachy are the decedent of Jesus. Queen Elizabeth can tell you this.

How old is he when he got crucified and die on the cross?

Thank you in advance.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You should try and find this movie THe man from earth.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0756683/

In it, it postulate a connection between Christianity and Buddhism.

Atheist don't find Monotheism appalling, they just find the concept of an almighty god to be one.

many so-called christian teachings were rip-offed from buddhist missionaries living in the middle east, europe and egypt long before Jesus fairytale started

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jesus did not die on the cross?

He was saved and found Paul (Saul) and the two of the m found a new religion Christianity.

Jesus died in England where the St Paul Catheral is in London. Jesus died at age of 63. Some ofo the English monrachy are the decedent of Jesus. Queen Elizabeth can tell you this.

during the time of jesus, the romans don't crucify their prisoners on crosses at all....................

by the way, jesus is just a made-up character hobbled together from earlier ''messiahs''..............Horus being one of them.................Mithra is another

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hence why I said the movie is interesting. It actually says that Jesus teachings are actually Buddhist teachings. That it has spread from India earlier. I can't remember which other phrase it quoted in the movie that makes the connection as well. Basically, Jesus was a Buddha disciple that went to the middle east and he used Yoga methods to stop his heartbeat etc at the cross to give the illusion of death. :wink:

many so-called christian teachings were rip-offed from buddhist missionaries living in the middle east, europe and egypt long before Jesus fairytale started

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hence why I said the movie is interesting. It actually says that Jesus teachings are actually Buddhist teachings. That it has spread from India earlier. I can't remember which other phrase it quoted in the movie that makes the connection as well. Basically, Jesus was a Buddha disciple that went to the middle east and he used Yoga methods to stop his heartbeat etc at the cross to give the illusion of death. :wink:

that's the best case scenario of the most optimistic......................that jesus existed..............

the truth is that jesus was just a made-up character...............like Harry Potter

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, the character in the movie stated he is Jesus.

that's the best case scenario of the most optimistic......................that jesus existed..............

the truth is that jesus was just a made-up character...............like Harry Potter

guy-uninterrupted

Alfrescian
Loyal
By the way when askin the question on Jesus, were you really askin who your Creator is? what we need to have knowledge of is incontrovertible proof that God Almighty exists and where we can find that proof. The Bible, the Buddhist Scriptures, the Torah the Hindu VEdas and Geeta or the Quran?

I feel that if you are really and Truly Sincere , you will find the truth and as they say... The Truth shall set ye free.

My only thoughts are if I may share is that God is only One the UNIQUE there is none whatsoever or whosoever like HIM .He Begetteth not nor is HE begotten.

Peace

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way when askin the question on Jesus, were you really askin who your Creator is? what we need to have knowledge of is incontrovertible proof that God Almighty exists and where we can find that proof. The Bible, the Buddhist Scriptures, the Torah the Hindu VEdas and Geeta or the Quran?

I feel that if you are really and Truly Sincere , you will find the truth and as they say... The Truth shall set ye free.

My only thoughts are if I may share is that God is only One the UNIQUE there is none whatsoever or whosoever like HIM .He Begetteth not nor is HE begotten.

Peace

*** if there's a God, then he should be without form and gender..................

### the universe and everything is made of energy..............energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed..............

that's why the in Jainism and Buddhism, they tell the people the universe has no beginning and no end..............

since got no beginning.....................where got god...............

*** the most important thing is to realize there's no such thing as a self or soul or identity............which means all religions are false................only Buddhism is right.............and it's not a religion................and it tells people there's no such thing as religions............

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
*** if there's a God, then he should be without form and gender..................

### the universe and everything is made of energy..............energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transformed..............

that's why the in Jainism and Buddhism, they tell the people the universe has no beginning and no end..............

since got no beginning.....................where got god...............

*** the most important thing is to realize there's no such thing as a self or soul or identity............which means all religions are false................only Buddhism is right.............and it's not a religion................and it tells people there's no such thing as religions............

Was going to see how long when someone pointed that out about Buddhism. Some people take the literal of their religion too much at times.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
the notion is; can we judge the beauty of Beethoven's 5th symphony played by a bunch of primary school kids that rehearsed badly?

i am a religion skeptic but i do know that there is a beginning and an end of the universe. im not atheist but i cannot get my head around why God would bother with one of its creation. life and death is pretty much determined by the species and it (God), is supernatural and is beyond time and space, would exhibit human emotion like love, hate, jealousy and anger? i find that very hard to believe. i work out from Drake's equation of our probability of existence, including the balance of the 4 universal force; EMF, Gravity, strong and weak nuclear force. and the current 3.15billions codes of human DNA to reconstruct. the questions are ever more mounting. Believing in the existence is a choice and we try to justify these scenarios; the existence of God and science are incompatible, the existence of God and science are compatible, or the existence of God can be explained thru' science.

i got too many questions to ask and still searching around, at this moment, i on the agnostic side but reading Francis Collins' books will give me a bit of insight.