• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

i feel really hard to show compassion to smokers.

essen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Live and let live is the best way to go. Just move away from the smokers if their smoke bothers you.

if neighbours day and night smoke at the common corridor, where to move to???
btw, door and windows already fully shut and air purifierS switched on, but that still doesnt solve the problem, so how?

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
The haze we inhale every year, how many non smokers died of lung cancer at a young age? the data are not available, just in case it scare the shit out of our FTs.

siongkia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if neighbours day and night smoke at the common corridor, where to move to???
btw, door and windows already fully shut and air purifierS switched on, but that still doesnt solve the problem, so how?

Yes like that then have to do something already. Just share the problem with them and hope they help out.

essen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes like that then have to do something already. Just share the problem with them and hope they help out.

share with who? the selfish neighbours? told them couple of times 2nd hand smoke is carcinogenic but they insist they have every right to smoke at the corridor

siongkia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
share with who? the selfish neighbours? told them couple of times 2nd hand smoke is carcinogenic but they insist they have every right to smoke at the corridor

Yes its difficult when these people are not considerate or helpful even after you bring the issue up with them politely. I am a smoker but I try to make sure that I dont inconvenience others when I puff.

essen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes its difficult when these people are not considerate or helpful even after you bring the issue up with them politely. I am a smoker but I try to make sure that I dont inconvenience others when I puff.

if all smokers are like u, am sure there wont be any frustration against smokers

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The million cars on our roads, the high numbers of buses, lorries and prime movers, the fumes emanating from factories in juroing Island, Jurong estate and elsewhere is producing enough carbon-monoxide poisoning that is slowly killing even non-smokers.

Can any qualified medical proffessional who may be present on these forum site please comment on this connection.

If that is true then it would be best to ban all vehicles and close down all the factories.

Singapore was better off in the days of bullock carts.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
True. Standing at a bus stop may be more harmful than smoking a cigarette. For years the ST have been reporting "haze" conditions. It would be more accurate to label this as "Smog."

Cheers!

The million cars on our roads, the high numbers of buses, lorries and prime movers, the fumes emanating from factories in juroing Island, Jurong estate and elsewhere is producing enough carbon-monoxide poisoning that is slowly killing even non-smokers.

Can any qualified medical proffessional who may be present on these forum site please comment on this connection.

If that is true then it would be best to ban all vehicles and close down all the factories.

Singapore was better off in the days of bullock carts.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought it was obesity, They really should start banning fast food commercial.

Colon cancer is caused by talking through the arsehole instead of the mouth. It will soon overtake lung cancer as the number one killer.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should blame the Singapore govt. for banning electronic cigarette, I've been on it for close to 2 years now. Feel healthier then before, plus, it helps odorise the surrounding air when there are ah nehs around.

today at the mall saw people puffing away while my kid cough until so bad

imagine how many people those smokers have puff their way into throughout their entire life.

one day when they suffer in pain due to lung or throat cancers.

tell me how could i have the compassion to feel sorry for their sufferings?

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
today at the mall saw people puffing away while my kid cough until so bad
imagine how many people those smokers have puff their way into throughout their entire life.
one day when they suffer in pain due to lung or throat cancers.
tell me how could i have the compassion to feel sorry for their sufferings?

Many people, including kids with respiratory issues suffer when from their close ones or strangers smoke exhalation.

It's the nicotine addition that gets smokers hooked and they do eventually suffer in one way or another.

Life is a mixed of suffering and joy.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Indeed, nicotine gets you hooked, but its the tar that actually does the killing. In fact, Nicotine can help improve concentration and memorise stuff faster, if only parents in Singapore knew this. Also helps reduce weight. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine

Nicotine's mood-altering effects are different by report: in particular it is both a stimulant and a relaxant.[44] First causing a release of glucose from the liver and epinephrine (adrenaline) from the adrenal medulla, it causes stimulation. Users report feelings of relaxation, sharpness, calmness, and alertness.[45] Like any stimulant, it may very rarely cause the often catastrophically uncomfortable neuropsychiatric effect of akathisia. By reducing the appetite and raising the metabolism, some smokers may lose weight as a consequence.[46][47]
When a cigarette is smoked, nicotine-rich blood passes from the lungs to the brain within seven seconds and immediately stimulates the release of many chemical messengers such as acetylcholine, norepinephrine, epinephrine, vasopressin, histamine, arginine, serotonin, dopamine, autocrine agents, and beta-endorphin.[48] This release of neurotransmitters and hormones is responsible for most of nicotine's effects. Nicotine appears to enhance concentration[49] and memory due to the increase of acetylcholine. It also appears to enhance alertness due to the increases of acetylcholine and norepinephrine. Arousal is increased by the increase of norepinephrine. Pain is reduced by the increases of acetylcholine and beta-endorphin. Anxiety is reduced by the increase of beta-endorphin. Nicotine also extends the duration of positive effects of dopamine[50] and increases sensitivity in brain reward systems.[51] Most cigarettes (in the smoke inhaled) contain 1 to 3 milligrams of nicotine.[52]

Many people, including kids with respiratory issues suffer when from their close ones or strangers smoke exhalation.

It's the nicotine addition that gets smokers hooked and they do eventually suffer in one way or another.

Life is a mixed of suffering and joy.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Forgiveness, compassion for others and other emotions are self gratifications which does not in any way benefit the recipient, only to the giver. Your actions like donations, volunteering your services, these are things that in some ways benefit those in need. So take your compassion and shaft it you know where for no one really cares anyway.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tar that actually does the killing...can help improve concentration and memorise stuff faster..Also helps reduce weight. :wink:
Redeeming sinful pleasures?:p Small wonder there's some packing info on tar content

Last edited: