• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I dunno why my master, Ali, the Baba, says this ....

SR Nathan

Alfrescian
Loyal
His balls rolling down the slope is keeping me awake at night.

Maybe not the piece of lard beside me who can sleep through anything, but I stay awake .... not from the prata in my stomach, mind you...

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story

Oct 20, 2009
'Why we stayed home'
By Zakir Hussain, Political Correspondent

lky-lky.jpg

MM Lee and family at the Istana in earlier days. -- SOURCE: LEE KUAN YEW

SRI Temasek is the official residence of the Prime Minister and when Mr Lee Kuan Yew assumed the post 50 years ago, he and his wife took their three young children there to play.

The bungalow in the Istana is on high ground, and the ball their sons and daughter were playing with rolled down the slope.

'The butler ran 50 or 60 yards to pick up the ball and bring it back,' recalled the Minister Mentor last night.

'My wife and I watched that and said, 'No, no, if we stay here for five years, my children will grow up believing that life is like that, that somebody will always pick up balls for them,' he said. 'So we stayed at home (in Oxley Road) and I think that's been good for them.'

Mr Lee related this anecdote at a university forum, to show how he and Mrs Lee made sure their children grew up self-reliant.

However, his grandchildren were growing up much more comfortably, MM said. 'That is the problem we face today' - many parents understand what it is to be poor, but their children do not, he added.

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you know Mr Honourable President Sir, your master have already slept on the bed before you.