• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I dont trust Adam Khoo

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Nckers, to be fair to Adam (I'm no fan of him tho' :wink:) He's running a franchise essentially. His franchisee may not run the business well, and he may not be aware of it. If you gave negative feedback to him about the 2 jokers, and if many others do too, and he doesn't rectify the problem, then he'll be guilty as hell. Maybe u shld start by sending him a note.

Yeah i will send him a note, and i also post a thread here in sammyboy. Cause a lot of people will come here and read this thread, and when they share the info with their friends or if they are intended to take up their courses, they will definitely asked them about this Internet Marketing Seminar and other motivational products he is selling. And if many people asked him, he will definitely do something with Stuart Tan, and also he might provide more guarnette for his motivational products.

I am actually creating awareness and helping the people here, but some people just dont get it.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone attended MLM seminars before? Those "independent business owners" ranked by "silver", "gold", "platinum", "diamond" etc. cheering and congratulating each other in between some motivational speakers who tell you everyone needs their marvellous products and anyone can sell them all the way to fantastic incomes, quit their jobs, free time with families, tour around the world etc.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone attended MLM seminars before? Those "independent business owners" ranked by "silver", "gold", "platinum", "diamond" etc. cheering and congratulating each other in between some motivational speakers who tell you everyone needs their marvellous products and anyone can sell them all the way to fantastic incomes, quit their jobs, free time with families, tour around the world etc.

You should try out Herballife. The speakers are like movie stars on stage and there are a bunch of fans asking for their autographs.

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
These MLM speakers are the same as those motivational speakers.

They just want you to sign up & your money only.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let me state an example, this person A and person B are business partners, you dont knwo them well at all, but person A is very popular and he is in business partner with person B, you are cheated from person B, do you still believe in person A?

Just like another good example, LKY and LHL, LKY tells lies and hides a lot of truth from Singaporeans, now his son LHL takes over the position from his father, do you still believes in LHL?

The problem with your analysis is that there is a person C who is invited by person B for the seminar. C does not belong to the organization of A and B. The link to A is therefore very thin.

Now looking at the situation. Stuart Tan is right in challenging you to report to the police. The most you can pin on Adam Khoo's organization is the responsibility of inviting a crook to present on the seminar. You have bought the package from Ewen and you will yield better result pursuing Ewen on this.

The other thing is that you need to know the person well to deduce if he or she is trustworthy. I have asked the question whether you know Adam Khoo in person. Honestly, I will not give 100% trust to many whom I know, let alone strangers. I mean should you just trust someone just because he is a Singaporean? That is why I brought up TT Durai, he is a Singaporean and he is not trustworthy.

As for their courses, it depends on their objectives, if they place high importance on quality, then it still worth it. If their aim is just a short term money making, you can forget it. Most importantly you have to know what you really want first, then check out whether they can really deliver.

Anyway, if you ask me to join their Wealth Academy, well, I checked. Fundamental ways are not my cup of tea, technical analysis I already acquired during 1998 and I am mastering it quite well, option trading is not my interest. So thanks but no thanks.

Lastly, like my Charting teacher said, "don't trust anyone on tips, especially some big shots' mistress. The chances of you getting conned is close to 100%."

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem with your analysis is that there is a person C who is invited by person B for the seminar. C does not belong to the organization of A and B. The link to A is therefore very thin.

Now looking at the situation. Stuart Tan is right in challenging you to report to the police. The most you can pin on Adam Khoo's organization is the responsibility of inviting a crook to present on the seminar. You have bought the package from Ewen and you will yield better result pursuing Ewen on this.

The other thing is that you need to know the person well to deduce if he or she is trustworthy. I have asked the question whether you know Adam Khoo in person. Honestly, I will not give 100% trust to many whom I know, let alone strangers. I mean should you just trust someone just because he is a Singaporean? That is why I brought up TT Durai, he is a Singaporean and he is not trustworthy.

As for their courses, it depends on their objectives, if they place high importance on quality, then it still worth it. If their aim is just a short term money making, you can forget it. Most importantly you have to know what you really want first, then check out whether they can really deliver.

Anyway, if you ask me to join their Wealth Academy, well, I checked. Fundamental ways are not my cup of tea, technical analysis I already acquired during 1998 and I am mastering it quite well, option trading is not my interest. So thanks but no thanks.

Lastly, like my Charting teacher said, "don't trust anyone on tips, especially some big shots' mistress. The chances of you getting conned is close to 100%."

You can say what you want, I just want to create awareness of this Adam Khoo and Stuart Tan issue and let the rest to judge for themselves. I tried to save money for people but not for you since you claim you are smart.

I just want to create awareness of this problem and if the rest still insist to take courses from Adam Khoo or Stuart Tan, I cant stop them but I have already warned them.

masgnoeL

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since someone talked about learning from Adam Khoo, I want to share about my experience on Adam Khoo. Because of Adam Khoo, I trusted him as he is Singaporean and believed in him, in the end was conned by his business partner Stuart Tan.

As the saying goes, "Birds of the feathers, flock together."

PM me. I should be able to help you get your money back.

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Adam Khoo or Anthony Robbins or whoever, the idea is very simple. If these people know some systems of making loads of money quickly and easily, they should be doing it instead of organising seminars to teach others how to do it. Their idea of making money for themeselves is selling the seminars, not what's sold in the seminars.

What you say is true, but these people are working on the formula that fools are born every minute:biggrin: The market condition is very good for them here because fools here, are growing more foolish every minute

banova888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thought MLM was banned in Singapore.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought MLM was banned in Singapore.

On a contrary, it is pyramid selling that is banned, MLM is legal in Singapore. I can name some that are still operating here, like, Newskin (too aggressive until everyone shy from it), Newway (very mild and not aggressive), Amway, Grand Sun, Herballife, I think Diamond water is also another one.

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can say what you want, I just want to create awareness of this Adam Khoo and Stuart Tan issue and let the rest to judge for themselves. I tried to save money for people but not for you since you claim you are smart.

I just want to create awareness of this problem and if the rest still insist to take courses from Adam Khoo or Stuart Tan, I cant stop them but I have already warned them.

As I have said, you are telling people that the programmes by Adam Khoo and Stuart Tan sucks because you were conned by Ewen, who evidently comes from another company and only a guest speaker of the event because of his reputation at the time.

Further more, you are asking people not to attend the NLP seminar which you have not (As I recall, you went for the internet thing). Really there is not much credibility in your argument.

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I have said, you are telling people that the programmes by Adam Khoo and Stuart Tan sucks because you were conned by Ewen, who evidently comes from another company and only a guest speaker of the event because of his reputation at the time.

Further more, you are asking people not to attend the NLP seminar which you have not (As I recall, you went for the internet thing). Really there is not much credibility in your argument.

not sure why u quote me, my post is directed at that idiot ah neh banana888..:biggrin:

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nick,

I dun think your effort is appreciated but never mind, who cares ??

Another con man is Clement Chiang. He called himself Dr. Clement Chiang and his Phd is from some degree mills - Preston University !! He started his option trading course known as FREELY trading. A load of craps !!! A group of trainees felt that they were conned and sued him collectively. Clement was embroiled in the law suit in the midst of fending his mill degree monger. In order to "protect" his reputation and with the advice from his lawyer, Clement decided to settle out of court ultimately. When both sides meet up for the first time, Clement was fucking arrogant, refuse to back down. When he realized his reputation was at stake, he toned down. Today, you dun even see him advertising his FREELY TRADING seminar with the title Dr. Clement Chiang !!

I have attended those motivational courses paid by my company when I was gainfully employed. I checked these speakers background - fucking dubious; especially local ones !! How about those organizers like Success Resources ? Same crap....... There are other companies that pledge "alliance" with Tony Buzan, Edward DeBono, Stephen Covey, and several others to start their con jobs in Singapore and charges exorbitant price, take participants for a ride. Goodness !!! These participants still speak so highly of them.

But, after the course, ask yourself an honest question and answer it honestly. Does it make any difference in your life ??

I did not attend Anthony Robbins' seminar, I did not attend Stephen Covey workshop, I read their books and I practise what I read and learn. Of course, I benefited from it. My customers keep coming back to me with projects is a pretty good yardstick - I guess !! I only use one of the 7 habits from Stephen covey when dealing with my customers - Begin with an end in mind !! As for Anthony Robbins - Positive Thinking !! Of course, learning "How to Deal With Difficult Customers" also helped.

These books helped me in a big way at a small fraction of price of these seminars conducted by these authors and I refrain myself from being ripped off by those scum organizers.

Till today, I still have parents telling me that their children did not improve much at Adam Khoo training camp and/or after attending those camp at Mind Champ despite paying few thousands SGD $$$

They were complaining about the results expressed by those former participants on the brochures and advertising materials.

I told them - "Welcome to the world of MARKETING" !!!

Between MARKETING and CON JOB, there is a FINE THIN LINE !!!!

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nick,

I dun think your effort is appreciated but never mind, who cares ??

Another con man is Clement Chiang. He called himself Dr. Clement Chiang and his Phd is from some degree mills - Preston University !! He started his option trading course known as FREELY trading. A load of craps !!! A group of trainees felt that they were conned and sued him collectively. Clement was embroiled in the law suit in the midst of fending his mill degree monger. In order to "protect" his reputation and with the advice from his lawyer, Clement decided to settle out of court ultimately. When both sides meet up for the first time, Clement was fucking arrogant, refuse to back down. When he realized his reputation was at stake, he toned down. Today, you dun even see him advertising his FREELY TRADING seminar with the title Dr. Clement Chiang !!

I have attended those motivational courses paid by my company when I was gainfully employed. I checked these speakers background - fucking dubious; especially local ones !! How about those organizers like Success Resources ? Same crap....... There are other companies that pledge "alliance" with Tony Buzan, Edward DeBono, Stephen Covey, and several others to start their con jobs in Singapore and charges exorbitant price, take participants for a ride. Goodness !!! These participants still speak so highly of them.

But, after the course, ask yourself an honest question and answer it honestly. Does it make any difference in your life ??

I did not attend Anthony Robbins' seminar, I did not attend Stephen Covey workshop, I read their books and I practise what I read and learn. Of course, I benefited from it. My customers keep coming back to me with projects is a pretty good yardstick - I guess !! I only use one of the 7 habits from Stephen covey when dealing with my customers - Begin with an end in mind !! As for Anthony Robbins - Positive Thinking !! Of course, learning "How to Deal With Difficult Customers" also helped.

These books helped me in a big way at a small fraction of price of these seminars conducted by these authors and I refrain myself from being ripped off by those scum organizers.

Till today, I still have parents telling me that their children did not improve much at Adam Khoo training camp and/or after attending those camp at Mind Champ despite paying few thousands SGD $$$

They were complaining about the results expressed by those former participants on the brochures and advertising materials.

I told them - "Welcome to the world of MARKETING" !!!

Between MARKETING and CON JOB, there is a FINE THIN LINE !!!!

Well said bro! I agree with you totally. Those people you mention above are con man.

I am here telling everyone to be careful, but some people here dont appreciate it. I asked them if they want it, they can go and attend their courses, I am not stopping them.

Really sad they your friends are being rip off by Adam Khoo too, did you friend manage to get any money back from Adam? Or did they go and complain to CASE or something?

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really sad they your friends are being rip off by Adam Khoo too, did you friend manage to get any money back from Adam? Or did they go and complain to CASE or something?

They are actually quite well off. So, these money spent is just "lessons" learnt. These parents just want to give their kids the best and they thot sending them to these motivational school will help.

They were taken in by the ads... Adam Khoo and Mind Champ talk about students having very good grades after the training sessions. Sigh....

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am here telling everyone to be careful, but some people here dont appreciate it. I asked them if they want it, they can go and attend their courses, I am not stopping them.

QUOTE]

ppl here dun appreciate becos in the 1st place, there was never any intention to attend this type of talks..:biggrin::biggrin: deep huh??