• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I am a PAP Supporter - This is what PAP needs to do to Win Votes in GE2016.

swampfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not ashamed to call myself a PAP loyalist even in this Pro Oppo Forum

Your pap had many years of wasted opportunities to show sporeans that it cares, and to treat sporeans with dignity and respect. Instead, your pap continued to muzzle state media and the population, talked down to sporeans, and enriched themselves and their cronies in the process. Its now an accepted fact that your pap is a self-serving party, way past its useful date. You can say all you want because you are so misguided, but our love affair with your pap is over and done. Its as clear as daylight, your pap is on its way out. And when that day comes, we will hold your pap accountable for the trillions of dollars it had plundered from our country.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your pap had many years of wasted opportunities to show sporeans that it cares, and to treat sporeans with dignity and respect. Instead, your pap continued to muzzle state media and the population, talked down to sporeans, and enriched themselves and their cronies in the process. Its now an accepted fact that your pap is a self-serving party, way past its useful date. You can say all you want because you are so misguided, but our love affair with your pap is over and done. Its as clear as daylight, your pap is on its way out. And when that day comes, we will hold your pap accountable for the trillions of dollars it had plundered from our country.

Trillions? I'm curious to see that calculation.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lar. What the PAP needs is more paid goons to moderate internet forums instead of trolling them. Since they are being paid by taxpayers, they might as well be doing something useful for a change.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lar. What the PAP needs is more paid goons to moderate internet forums instead of trolling them. Since they are being paid by taxpayers, they might as well be doing something useful for a change.

Uuuh, asking valid questions make me a PAP supporter now too? That's a new low....

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
<One, to retain the support of the loyalists like me with continuance of policies that worked well in the past; two, to convince the Singaporeans that they have a voice. >
Brother ILP,I am not a PAP supporter so I do agree with your point 1.PAP needs you and others who support them
No.(2)PAP is not doing that and I am doubtful that PAP would try that at all,they are not making any effort,because they tot we are still the same as 1959.
Good luck to you,Brother ILP,God bless you.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One, to retain the support of the loyalists like me with continuance of policies that worked well in the past; two, to convince the Singaporeans that they have a voice.

To continue with policies that had worked well in the past, you have to go way back in time, to the time when HDB built low cost housing with land cost not marked to market prices of private developments and with road and rail infrastructural growth complementing COE to meet the rising demand of an expanding population - a time that is not about smaller flats and lesser COEs to be shared with a larger group.

To convince Singaporeans that they have a voice, this voice should not just be heard once in 5 years in a General Election but also regularly in Parliament by their elected representatives. These representatives should not just represent the majority voice, nor the voice of the minority races nor the voice for the elite but the voices of various minorities, be it different political leanings, different economic strata in society, different legs of the tripartite structure of manpower deployment. To achieve this, we need a political change.

Is PAP willing to make this change? No, willing to make this concession?

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uuuh, asking valid questions make me a PAP supporter now too? That's a new low....

My advice is start asking questions of the PAP also and more questions than for the opposition because they are the Government and their actions affect a lot more people.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I feel the PAP provides information only on a need to know basis. But even then, its rarely the complete picture.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you all formyour views, some valid, some ....

Anyway, whilst I am a PAP loyalist, I am neither blind...The Party need Change.

Perhaps PAP needs to realise that no one wants to discredit PAP. The people respect PAP for where PAP had brought Singapore.

But the people are angry – angry at not being heard, angry at feeling that their rights have been curbed. But PAP doesn’t feel this because they can hear themselves and their rights are not curbed, so they cannot stand on the other side to understand what it’s like.

Its called Empathy. PAP lacks it. I admit. PAP must change to embrace EMPATHY.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am not ashamed to call myself a PAP loyalist even in this Pro Oppo Forum.

I may not be fully satisfied with the PAP government’s policies. However, I remain loyal because I am hopeful that the PAP will deliver on its promises and hold the belief that if we together as Singaporeans preserve our right to a voice, no matter how small that voice may be, they will eventually be heard.

To be sure, the GE2011 results indicate that majority of Singaporeans voted for the PAP. We are the ones putting up “Likes” and supportive comments on the Facebook pages of LHL and PAP MPs.

I am aware that our group looks set to shrink very quickly in this new Internet age.

To reverse the downward trend, I believe the PAP will have to fight GE2016 on two fronts:

One, to retain the support of the loyalists like me with continuance of policies that worked well in the past; two, to convince the Singaporeans that they have a voice.

very honest of you to admit you're one of the 60% dumbasses !

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you all formyour views, some valid, some ....

Anyway, whilst I am a PAP loyalist, I am neither blind...The Party need Change.

Perhaps PAP needs to realise that no one wants to discredit PAP. The people respect PAP for where PAP had brought Singapore.

But the people are angry – angry at not being heard, angry at feeling that their rights have been curbed. But PAP doesn’t feel this because they can hear themselves and their rights are not curbed, so they cannot stand on the other side to understand what it’s like.

Its called Empathy. PAP lacks it. I admit. PAP must change to embrace EMPATHY.

Don't have to stick to the PAP for the rest of your life..

I guess you must have been voting for the PAP many times before..

You urged the PAP to change.. You too must change your voting pattern..

Last edited:

swampfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps PAP needs to realise that no one wants to discredit PAP. The people respect PAP for where PAP had brought Singapore. .

Thank you for your frank and balanced comments. However, I need to set the record straight. People appreciate what the old pap as a party has done, but the respect is not for all of its members. LKY and his cronies have rewarded themselves with a lot of money and power for their contribution. Those (in the pap and other parties except SDP :smile:) who gave up their freedom to oppose LKY and cronies have our respect and affection. And you are right that no one wants to discredit pap, no one needs to because the pap is doing it all by itself.