• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hyflux at all time low, 1.02

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just saw that Hyflux is at an all time low, with today closing at 1.025.
Any idea what is happening with this counter, not sure if their result is out.

It's even lower then during the 2008/2009 crisis.
Water business very bad??

Bro krafty, any idea?. Ah run, what do you think?.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no idea,saw that it tried to issue 450 million in bonds recently at 5% interest.....was told it was toxic junk.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Another celebrated sinkapore company going down! Nothing new lah.

They are going down because the singapore govt keeps awarding contracts for new water plants to china companies. Any company will fail if their own govt does not support them.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are going down because the singapore govt keeps awarding contracts for new water plants to china companies. Any company will fail if their own govt does not support them.

Singapore cannot be supporting companies with unproven technologies and ineffective management. Companies like Singtel, SIA and Singapore Power thrive in the global arena because they are competitive and receives inspiring leadership from their holding company.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore cannot be supporting companies with unproven technologies and ineffective management. Companies like Singtel, SIA and Singapore Power thrive in the global arena because they are competitive and receives inspiring leadership from their holding company.

You sure or not ...singtel, SIA and Sing power thrive in the global market? Very strong statement leh. Sounds like bs to me.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no idea,saw that it tried to issue 450 million in bonds recently at 5% interest.....was told it was toxic junk.

Oh, did not know about this issuing.
Went to SGX but did not see it.

Must be one of those secondary listing, that goes for 250k a pop.

Well at 5%, looks good as compared to the banks interest they are giving at a measly 1% to 1.3% for FD.
Given a choice, will go for those banks preference share, rather then the 450million bond, at 5%.

Any idea, if it is trading below par now?.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is what i know: they sold and lease back their innovation ctr. for 160mil, used the fund for some other ongoing projects. their 1st half revenue fell to 169mil, reflect the timing of their project commencement.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is what i know: they sold and lease back their innovation ctr. for 160mil, used the fund for some other ongoing projects. their 1st half revenue fell to 169mil, reflect the timing of their project commencement.

This does not look good, if a company has to sell its building and lease it back, in order to raise funds.
It reminds me of NOL where they sold their building to raise cash. But in a different situation, as they were losing tons of money. I think for last quarter, for NOL, it might be the same, loss.