• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How will Lee Li Lian face voters in GE2016?

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
By fielding Gerald Giam or Yee Jenn Jong, WP is telling Singaporeans Lee Li Lian is sub-standard and not good enough to win an election. How will Singaporean react to her in GW2016?

Should WP stick to Lee Li Lian and let her use her charm and party brand to win this by-election?

This will likely be a multi corner fight, PAP may emerge the winner, is it then better to stick to Lee Li Lian so as not to ruin her reputation?

Speculation remains about who the party might field for the Punggol East by-election, although sources say its Non-Constituency MPs Gerald Giam and Yee Jenn Jong are frontrunners.

The WP could reveal its candidate for Punggol East as early as Saturday. Party insiders have tipped Mr Giam, its Non-Constituency MP, as the front runner.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WP should stick with LLL. As you rightly pointed out, fielding anyone else is like telling everyone she is not good enough.
This will mean the end of her political career as everyone will be questioning her ability in future contest.

I have confidence that WP will field her.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
By fielding Gerald Giam or Yee Jenn Jong, WP is telling Singaporeans Lee Li Lian is sub-standard and not good enough to win an election. How will Singaporean react to her in GW2016?

Should WP stick to Lee Li Lian and let her use her charm and party brand to win this by-election?

This will likely be a multi corner fight, PAP may emerge the winner, is it then better to stick to Lee Li Lian so as not to ruin her reputation?

No, you can always stick LLL in some GRC in 2016. It is not a problem. A by-election SMC is more important than a SMC in a general election because it sets the tone for the next election cycle.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever the WP field, the result will still be the same. Why fidget with the line-up?

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree mojito, GG has no charisma nor personality. LLL ok la.
but y dont they put up a non urine candidate? punggol has show that it can elect a non-chink mp (palmer)
shldnt we have more diverse representation in parl?
where r the m&ds and shits?

up mypoints pls. thank you you :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
No, you can always stick LLL in some GRC in 2016. It is not a problem. A by-election SMC is more important than a SMC in a general election because it sets the tone for the next election cycle.

You are basically saying that LLL cannot take up important task or mission ....

I was told that LLL secretly went for walk about with a WP CEC member right after Palmergate blew up...cant verify this but if true, it means that she desires to contest..

Goh Meng Seng

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was told that LLL secretly went for walk about with a WP CEC member right after Palmergate blew up...cant verify this but if true, it means that she desires to contest..

No, if they put her in East Coast for 2016 that is also a very important mission.

How the fuck do you secretly go on a walkabout? The whole point of a walkabout is to meet people.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
No, if they put her in East Coast for 2016 that is also a very important mission.

How the fuck do you secretly go on a walkabout? The whole point of a walkabout is to meet people.

Apparently you lack confidence in LLL so much so that you feel that she could only be like those PAP newbies who could only hide behind some heavyweight in spite of the fact that she has performed reasonably well in last GE in three corner fight

That is really insulting.

Nobody is supposed to conduct unauthorised walkabout, thus the secrecy...but you are right, maybe she isnt that smart at all.

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
IMO the longer WP takes to announce their candidate, the more likely it is to be Lee Li Lian.
They need to introduce Gerald Giam or Yee Jenn Jong to the residents, and they need time to walkabout to get to know the voters. So it is more likely they would be announced early if either of them are intended to be the candidate. Meanwhile Lee Li Lian has been doing walkabouts since the last GE and presumably has continued to walkabout, so she can quietly continue to do what she's been doing and WP can wait until the last minute to announce her as their candidate.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

Goh, why CSJ never reach out to you? Shows WP is always more important than your bantering

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apparently you lack confidence in LLL so much so that you feel that she could only be like those PAP newbies who could only hide behind some heavyweight in spite of the fact that she has performed reasonably well in last GE in three corner fight

That is really insulting.

I was going to explain to you that for 2016 the WP not only has to field an all star team for Aljunied but also East Coast. Opposition parties cannot do the same as the PAP and hide their newbies behind a heavyweight.

Then I realised that I'm talking to the moron who could have had Tampines if he had put an all star team in there - Hazel Poa, Tony Tan, yourself, Nicole Seah, Jeanette Chong - you could all be sitting in parliament today.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's funny seeing how Mr Goh Meng Seng can spew so much hate about the Worker's Party, but the moment when Angela Oon or Lee Li Lian gets criticized, he leaps to their defense like a knight in shiny white armour...

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's funny seeing how Mr Goh Meng Seng can spew so much hate about the Worker's Party, but the moment when Angela Oon or Lee Li Lian gets criticized, he leaps to their defense like a knight in shiny white armour...

Har har I wasn't even criticising LLL. Getting fielded in an all star GRC team is no joke.

What's this about his attachment to Angela Oon and LLL? Is it a common thing for WP people to fuck their ladies?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was going to explain to you that for 2016 the WP not only has to field an all star team for Aljunied but also East Coast. Opposition parties cannot do the same as the PAP and hide their newbies behind a heavyweight.

Then I realised that I'm talking to the moron who could have had Tampines if he had put an all star team in there - Hazel Poa, Tony Tan, yourself, Nicole Seah, Jeanette Chong - you could all be sitting in parliament today.

Remove GMS and your are right.