• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to lose belly fat?

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyone can teach me how to lose belly fat?

I had been running for 2 weeks but belly still there...

I cut down on drinking but no help...

Sit-up and crunches also no use...

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me 2 lah gt a tummy.:(
Sit-up and crunches also is useful if u can do it frequently 3 sets of 40-50 but it will take long and determination.:(

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Decrease calories, increase metabolism. How to increase metabolism? Build muscle. Sit ups and crunches are useless for building muscles :smile:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. kid, how old are you?
2. good and regular exercises is one factor but a balanced diet is the other.
3. plus your genes too.
4. if you have fat genes, you are fat regardless!
5. you need some damn determination & consistency.

Last edited:

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal

You cannot expect instant results. You should run at a fast pace. DO NOT STOP OR ALLOW YOUR PACE TO DROP TO WALKING SPEED. Clock at least a mile. If your fitness level allows you to go farther, do it. At the end of your run, you should feel nearly half-dead. You should run at least three times a week.

Don't bother with sit-ups and crunches. They are pretty much useless for your purpose.

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You cannot expect instant results. You should run at a fast pace. DO NOT STOP OR ALLOW YOUR PACE TO DROP TO WALKING SPEED. Clock at least a mile. If your fitness level allows you to go farther, do it. At the end of your run, you should feel nearly half-dead. You should run at least three times a week.
i do run abt 2-3 times per week but tummy still as united as before.:(

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i do run abt 2-3 times per week but tummy still as united as before.:(

how long do you run?

Try run 10km each time.. start with 5km and build it up

then go for cycling and swimming too.

do this for 6 months..

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do crunches no use...

got to train ur core muscle.

jogging / swimming ...go check out the internet...

dun expect instant results...this is a myth.

got to combine with dieting & enuff rest.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

Did you manage 1 sit-up? And how short have you been running these 2 weeks?

Just teasing.

Seriously, I have been running 5 km almost daily since lunar new year with some simple push/pull up. As per my guage on the tummy, 1 belt hole notch down every three months.

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i run abt 3 km. maybe is not enuff?:(

You need to run your 3 km at a challenging pace. If you only feel a little tired after your run, it means 3 km is too easy for you. Increase it to say, 4 km. You should run this increased distance with the same pace you used when you did your 3 km. If you can go faster, do it. Like I said earlier, you can also increase the frequency of your runs. The key is to push yourself to the point you seriously feel like crap. Do this consistently for at least six months and I guarantee you will be feeling lean and fit instead of crappy and fat.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you manage 1 sit-up? And how short have you been running these 2 weeks?

Just teasing.

Seriously, I have been running 5 km almost daily since lunar new year with some simple push/pull up. As per my guage on the tummy, 1 belt hole notch down every three months.

wah biang...i applaud you...5km every day...my knees will sooner give way LOL...

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Nov I weighted 83.5kg, today I am 72.3kg. How do i do it? I tell you.

To lose belly fats, 80% come from diets and 20% from exercise. Drink at least 10 cups of water each day, try not to eat after 8pm. Do weights, its much more effective than cardio.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
having more sex will help...seriously.

cos as a guy, the humping action burns calories..suck in your tummy when humping...

facebook

Alfrescian
Loyal
i would say that most if not all methods recommended here can work. the only problem is consistency and determination. you have to keep doing it until you get the desired results. after which you have to keep doing it to maintain it.

i reduce my weight from 70 to 60kg in 1 month. there after i managed to keep it 60 (plus minus 1) for the next 10 years. it is hard, especially during festive season where food and snacks are plentiful.:(

btw while typing, i am eating 2 fried chicken wing from old change kee. thats my lunch. i don't eat anything for lunch at all most of the time. sometimes i allow myself some indulgence. i know its not healthy but keeps the weight down.

Last edited: