• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to ask a friend to pay me back the money she owes me?

PenAndPaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have this girl friend. I knew her from my sort of long ago part time modelling days. She was very helpful to me and had helped me in the past and prevented me from being bullied by those bitchy and nasty people in the circle. Since I have left the circle long ago, we still keep in touch, maybe like once a month or two for a meal or drinks.

Half a year ago, she called me urgently and asked if I could extend a loan of $7.4k to her. She said she had broken off from her girlfriend of many years and had to move out of their shared rental condo apartment. Without hesitation, I transferred the sum to her account. After a month, she paid me 2.4k (that was in Feb 2023).

We haven't kept in touch since Feb 2023. It seems like she has forgotten about the balance $5k (I think?).

I was having my breakfast just now and just flipping her Insta. Looks like she's in Seoul holidaying with a new girlfriend.

Well, maybe she has genuinely forgotten about the balance $5k. I mean it's not as if it's $50,000 or $100,000. So maybe she's has really forgotten.

I am thinking what's the best way to remind her. I mean gently remind her and not let this money issue cause any acrimonious outcome in our friendship.

How should I approach this? How do guys in general handle such a sensitive subject between friends. Please let me know.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some creative artwork on her door may send a signal. like this?
IMG_0897.jpeg

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watch some older movies, they have plenty of wisdom regarding how to deal with situations in life.

Regarding this situation:

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have this girl friend. I knew her from my sort of long ago part time modelling days. She was very helpful to me and had helped me in the past and prevented me from being bullied by those bitchy and nasty people in the circle. Since I have left the circle long ago, we still keep in touch, maybe like once a month or two for a meal or drinks.

Half a year ago, she called me urgently and asked if I could extend a loan of $7.4k to her. She said she had broken off from her girlfriend of many years and had to move out of their shared rental condo apartment. Without hesitation, I transferred the sum to her account. After a month, she paid me 2.4k (that was in Feb 2023).

We haven't kept in touch since Feb 2023. It seems like she has forgotten about the balance $5k (I think?).

I was having my breakfast just now and just flipping her Insta. Looks like she's in Seoul holidaying with a new girlfriend.

Well, maybe she has genuinely forgotten about the balance $5k. I mean it's not as if it's $50,000 or $100,000. So maybe she's has really forgotten.

I am thinking what's the best way to remind her. I mean gently remind her and not let this money issue cause any acrimonious outcome in our friendship.

How should I approach this? How do guys in general handle such a sensitive subject between friends. Please let me know.
This is a good question.
Uncle had been in this kind of situation.
Colleague loan some money and seemed forgotten about it.
Uncle had to find ways to remind and not cause any awkwardness.
Uncle thought over and find the best way is to find a way to send messages to them not directly asking them to return money but messages that contain the words dollars and cents in it.
In uncle's case uncle said he was fined for parking and this indeed rang a bell for him to return the money.
In your case perhaps you can text her asking like holiday in Seoul roughly cost how much ?

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Chinese friend and malay both asked me for a loan of 3k and 1k.

I loan out to them. Till now no sound no peekture.

jw5

Loyal

If it was I who lent her the money and she was very helpful to me in the past, I would consider the $5K as a gift. :smile:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
"She said she had broken off from her girlfriend of many years and had to move out of their shared rental condo apartment."

Is she a lesbio?