• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How much will you pay for her virginity?

peasantJUDGE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Virginity for Sale

Natalie Dylan

A 22-year-old American woman with the name of “Natalie Dylan” told the media last week that she will put her virginity up for auction. She will have sex with the highest bidder she likes best at the Moonlite Bunny Ranch, a famous and legal brothel in Lyon County in the state of Nevada.

Like it or not, this news has become the talk of the town.

Dylan said she had been forced to sell herself because her stepfather took out a student loan in her name and she is unable to finance her education.

Naturally, there has been much public condemnation of her decision. Some people believe she is disgracing herself, her family, and the American people.

However, Dylan has said, on several websites: “I don’t have a moral dilemma with it. Why shouldn’t I be allowed to capitalise on my virginity? I understand some people may condemn me. But I think this is empowering. I ’m using what I have to better myself. ”

She wants US$1 million (Bt34.5 million) for the deal.

In order to prove that she is a virgin, Dylan will take liedetector and gynaecological tests. The highest bidder won ’t necessarily be the winner because she wants to select a man she likes from among the contenders. Dylan already has a bachelor ’s degree in women’s studies from Sacramento State University. In January she starts working on getting her master’s in marriage and family therapy.

Some people have claimed that this is not a real story, saying it’s just another way to promote the brothel and that Dylan is just another ordinary prostitute working at the place.

I’ve visited this brothel’s website and have seen her picture among the other girls, though this may or may not prove she is prostitute.

What interests me most is not how much she will get paid for her virginity or whether this is real at all, but the hundreds of comments from people all over the world on this controversial issue.

Comments I gathered from The Insider website, which had an exclusive interview with Dylan, can be divided roughly into three categories.

Firstly, most women condemned and insulted her, using words and phrases like “disgusting”, “shameful”, “stupid”, “disgrace”, “needs a therapist”, “no selfrespect” or “what a whore”. They suggested she find a “good old fashioned job” to pay for her education loans like any other “selfrespecting woman” would. They said that Dylan doesn ’t know what she’s doing and asked how she would explain this to her children, adding that this will cause her shame for the rest of her life.

Secondly, most men, aside from some insulting words, don’t believe she’s a virgin at the age of 22. One said this woman is worth nothing and only an idiot would pay for this “ugly, fat, overused, garbage”. Another said “there are too many chicks giving it away to have to pay”. Yet another: “Be nice to women and you’ll get it for free.”

Before going to the third category, I would like to make a point here. While the first group puts morality as the highest value and believes that a girl should keep her virginity for the man she loves rather than sell it, the second group doesn’t care about this value but instead sees the case as being one of value for money. You see the contradiction in views between women and men despite a common view of “no-no” to selling one’s virginity? While the first group can’t stand Dylan compromis ฌing their view of morality, the second just values money.

In addition, the second group seems to hate what this woman has done. I understand the first group’s motive, but I doubt that some in the second group really think about the worth of money. I believe many of them want virgin girls to empower themselves. This is the old-fashioned thinking of some men, and that ’s why they didn’t like Dylan taking control of her sex life.

Dylan has challenged men’s power on this matter. Men tend to insult girls who have lost their virginity. So Dylan’s plan to be intentionally deflowered for a nonsexual reason may irritate some men. Their protest against Dylan ’s decision is simply a way to protect their power, because what Dylan has planned may challenge the conservative belief that a girl should only surrender her virginity to the man she loves.

But I agree with the third group, which is in the minority. The comments came from both sexes, and they state that all of the above comments reflect hypocrisy; that people become too judgmental when someone else does something they might not like. In fact, the third group can ’t understand what all the fuss is about. What’s the big buzz about Dylan’s virginity? At 22, she is an adult and is able to decide what she thinks best to do with her body – even if it happens to be a really stupid idea.

If this is a thing she might regret later, let her learn, and suffer the consequences, by herself. One person commented: “What makes any one of you so special that you believe you have the right to approve or not of someone’s action. Respect if you want to be respected. It’s her life. Hers. Right or wrong is just a point of view.”

What do you think?

http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/Jiwamol/2008/09/16/entry-1

Attachments

• Natalie2.jpg
    Natalie2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 182

NgEjay

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nothing but a cheap publicity stunt.

Trust me, she does not really intend to lose her virginity per se in a one-off transaction. What she really wants is to create a controversy and then get a multi-million dollar book deal. THAT's the real intention.