• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How Matland Chinese f**k racist

seesuatah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here let me help you to embed this video

[video=youtube;ePSupJ3J7-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePSupJ3J7-c[/video]

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Racism is wrong regardless of whichever race is the victim. Attention has to be brought that chinese ppl should somehow tolerate racism towards them.

seesuatah

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about racism against FTs??? That is bad too!!!

Ah Neh Sings Hokkien Songs. Now which Ah Neh wants to complain who cannot speak English?

[video=youtube;3LL4w32Xzgk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LL4w32Xzgk[/video]

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Racism is wrong regardless of whichever race is the victim. Attention has to be brought that chinese ppl should somehow tolerate racism towards them.

I saw another thread you started. You seem like nice guy. Teach you something today.

You see, Chinky Matlanders are as you know a minority in Matland. While collectively they have economic superiority over the native mats, it is widely believed they are resented and discriminated because of that perception and excluded from cushy government jobs. In Peasantpore, peasants of chink descent are the majority AND have economic superiority over other Asiatic tribes. Therefore here they speak from a position of strength, not of weakness. How then can chinks be made to feel inferior given overwhelming evidence of advantage they have over smaller, dysfunctional tribes?

The answer is twofold. One comes from the individual on the receiving end of the slight and the other from the big picture. All chinks are not made equal, some are worse off. While reminded collectively that yellows rule the roost, some individuals struggle with the fact that their personal achievements in contrast do not pass muster. That seems to be the reason why some chinks cling on to their racial identities and defend against even small imagined slights. Same can be said for mats. But you know Asiatic societies lah, some things are better left unsaid. One understands and come to terms wiith these things over time. *wink wink*

So Jah, there is more to you than being yellow. Too little focus is given by Peasantpore on intangible contributions each and every creed can make on society beyond accumulating greenbacks. It is a sickness of society that you can immunize yourself from if you discover the goodness within yourself and those around you.

Big picture of course is reverse colonization lah, PAP's fault but no time for that liao. I go for toilet break.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here let me help you to embed this video

[video=youtube;ePSupJ3J7-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePSupJ3J7-c[/video]

You take look at this sort of person which is precisely why Sinkie stereotype such as school drop out, wear that cap to imitate some sort of rapper, takes drugs and form the largest proportion of immates at Changi and other more restrictive 'resorts' and most of have the stub of hair below their chin!

And it always turns out more or less to be true.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I saw another thread you started. You seem like nice guy. Teach you something today.

You see, Chinky Matlanders are as you know a minority in Matland. While collectively they have economic superiority over the native mats, it is widely believed they are resented and discriminated because of that perception and excluded from cushy government jobs. In Peasantpore, peasants of chink descent are the majority AND have economic superiority over other Asiatic tribes. Therefore here they speak from a position of strength, not of weakness. How then can chinks be made to feel inferior given overwhelming evidence of advantage they have over smaller, dysfunctional tribes?

The answer is twofold. One comes from the individual on the receiving end of the slight and the other from the big picture. All chinks are not made equal, some are worse off. While reminded collectively that yellows rule the roost, some individuals struggle with the fact that their personal achievements in contrast do not pass muster. That seems to be the reason why some chinks cling on to their racial identities and defend against even small imagined slights. Same can be said for mats. But you know Asiatic societies lah, some things are better left unsaid. One understands and come to terms wiith these things over time. *wink wink*

So Jah, there is more to you than being yellow. Too little focus is given by Peasantpore on intangible contributions each and every creed can make on society beyond accumulating greenbacks. It is a sickness of society that you can immunize yourself from if you discover the goodness within yourself and those around you.

Big picture of course is reverse colonization lah, PAP's fault but no time for that liao. I go for toilet break.

What you are attempting to do is to explain why somehow it is ok for chinese to be discriminated over in matland while ppl have to be wholely sensitive to minorities here. Ok the fact of the matter is chinese ppl might have a big chunk of the economic pie over there in matland but not all chinese ppl are in it. There are many poor malaysian chinese too. The way you are putting it is somehow it's ok for racist policies to discriminate chinese over there because there are some chinese that hold a lot of money in mudland's economy.

This is the same thing that applies in sg too. Not all chinese are well off there are many poor chinese too. Therefore somehow because it is seen that chinese are supposedly the most well off here therefore they deserve discrimination or laws that don't favor them? :rolleyes: Honestly to tell you the truth. The chinese aren't really the most well off right here. I read that the indians are the community here that have the highest earners. Therefore if we follow your logic indians should be the ones that deserve the most discrimination. In fact indians can be considered the chinese in malaysia. Like what you yourself put the chinese in mudland have economic superiority over there and thus deserve to be discriminated therefore it should be applied to the indians over here. :rolleyes: There are many poor indians too despite indians being the highest income earning group in sg. If we actually followed your way of thinking those poor indians like the rd sweepers, store clerks etc would be suffering cos indians somehow deserve discrimination because they are the highest income earners in sg.

Your attempt to somehow make this personal like a person fighting for his race must have low achievements is also laughable. They are mere assumptions at best. Take yours truly for eg. Ppl claim i am indian fyi not chinese because of my nick. It goes to follow that a chinese would not have used my nick and yes that's correct it's quite hard to imagine a chinese doing that cos most of them would have chosen some japanese or korean actor/actress nick for example or some baseless claim that i cannot speak or read chinese therefore i don't deserve to speak for chinese which lack any evidence therefore they are just mere conjunctures. Then again since there are many self styled sherlock holmes like yourself in determining how forummers are like in real life based on their postings then i should be an indian. :biggrin: I also wonder what one has to say about someone that says society ought to discriminate a certain group because they apparently hold economic advantages even if they are a minority in another country. It would figure that such individuals must have little achievements leading to low self worth and esteem so much so they subscribe to a communist mentality of making everyone equal by way of pulling down the high achievers to their lvl so to speak. *wink* *wink* thus actually justifying on their own twisted terms why some groups or races of ppl deserve discrimination rather than following the notion that laws of the land should be fair for everyone based on the principles that laws and standards should be impartial.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You take look at this sort of person which is precisely why Sinkie stereotype such as school drop out, wear that cap to imitate some sort of rapper, takes drugs and form the largest proportion of immates at Changi and other more restrictive 'resorts' and most of have the stub of hair below their chin!

And it always turns out more or less to be true.

Namwee is chinese but he looks rather malay i must say.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;dZxXzJXRWvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZxXzJXRWvA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your post. Your post is important to me and I will attend to you shortly.

What you are attempting to do is to explain why somehow it is ok for chinese to be discriminated over in matland while ppl have to be wholely sensitive to minorities here. Ok the fact of the matter is chinese ppl might have a big chunk of the economic pie over there in matland but not all chinese ppl are in it. There are many poor malaysian chinese too. The way you are putting it is somehow it's ok for racist policies to discriminate chinese over there because there are some chinese that hold a lot of money in mudland's economy.

What I am saying is that Chinese Malaysians are the minority group in their country, and they claim to have limited opportunities in the public service and even the private sector. Therefore it is fair to say they are discriminated because these barriers are institutionalized.

This is the same thing that applies in sg too. Not all chinese are well off there are many poor chinese too. Therefore somehow because it is seen that chinese are supposedly the most well off here therefore they deserve discrimination or laws that don't favor them? :rolleyes: Honestly to tell you the truth. The chinese aren't really the most well off right here. I read that the indians are the community here that have the highest earners. Therefore if we follow your logic indians should be the ones that deserve the most discrimination. In fact indians can be considered the chinese in malaysia. Like what you yourself put the chinese in mudland have economic superiority over there and thus deserve to be discriminated therefore it should be applied to the indians over here. :rolleyes: There are many poor indians too despite indians being the highest income earning group in sg. If we actually followed your way of thinking those poor indians like the rd sweepers, store clerks etc would be suffering cos indians somehow deserve discrimination because they are the highest income earners in sg.

Then I said Chinese are not only a major group - they form a majority of the people in Singapore (if we exclude petty details like PRs and such). Not only are they the majority, they appear to be over-represented in higher educational institutions and therefore likely to have economic advantage over other groups. Speaking from a position of strength, it is questionable that systematic discrimination, if any, would have any impact on the well-being of a Chinese Singaporean.

So if discrimination is not even felt, how can there be racism against Chinese Singaporeans? What is your basis?

Economic circumstances might matter only if we wish to debate whether, as a group, Chinese Singaporeans are speaking from a position of strength.

Your attempt to somehow make this personal like a person fighting for his race must have low achievements is also laughable. They are mere assumptions at best. Take yours truly for eg. Ppl claim i am indian fyi not chinese because of my nick. It goes to follow that a chinese would not have used my nick and yes that's correct it's quite hard to imagine a chinese doing that cos most of them would have chosen some japanese or korean actor/actress nick for example or some baseless claim that i cannot speak or read chinese therefore i don't deserve to speak for chinese which lack any evidence therefore they are just mere conjunctures. Then again since there are many self styled sherlock holmes like yourself in determining how forummers are like in real life based on their postings then i should be an indian. :biggrin: I also wonder what one has to say about someone that says society ought to discriminate a certain group because they apparently hold economic advantages even if they are a minority in another country. It would figure that such individuals must have little achievements leading to low self worth and esteem so much so they subscribe to a communist mentality of making everyone equal by way of pulling down the high achievers to their lvl so to speak. *wink* *wink* thus actually justifying on their own twisted terms why some groups or races of ppl deserve discrimination rather than following the notion that laws of the land should be fair for everyone based on the principles that laws and standards should be impartial.

That should have been it, but I went on some more. I didn't intend to disparage anyone.

Having explained why it is nearly impossible to discriminate against Chinese Singaporeans, I then made a conjecture on why some people choose to flaunt their ethnic Chinese roots, and are quick to come to blows with others who threaten their racial identity. And it is based solely on my observation of Chinese from the mainland. I thought it may well be the reason for some silly rants like yours.

Chinese, Malay or Indian, I suggested such a person should see himself as a unique individual, and not judge himself or others simply by their wealth or being born with the same skin colour.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thank you for your post. Your post is important to me and I will attend to you shortly.

What I am saying is that Chinese Malaysians are the minority group in their country, and they claim to have limited opportunities in the public service and even the private sector. Therefore it is fair to say they are discriminated because these barriers are institutionalized.

Oh is it? From the way you were describing things you were actually justifying why the chinese deserved to be discriminated. I trust that wasn't your intention after all. Care to confirm?

Then I said Chinese are not only a major group - they form a majority of the people in Singapore (if we exclude petty details like PRs and such). Not only are they the majority, they appear to be over-represented in higher educational institutions and therefore likely to have economic advantage over other groups. Speaking from a position of strength, it is questionable that systematic discrimination, if any, would have any impact on the well-being of a Chinese Singaporean.

So if discrimination is not even felt, how can there be racism against Chinese Singaporeans? What is your basis?

Economic circumstances might matter only if we wish to debate whether, as a group, Chinese Singaporeans are speaking from a position of strength.

Easy enough to explain. Ok chinese are the majority in terms of numbers but the chinese like other groups are individuals amongst themselves. There isn't an alliance among all the chinese here is there? As for over representation in higher institutes of learning it is due to the fact that chinese score better grades what. The way you are implying it is somehow chinese are over represented due to discriminatory policies which isn't true at all. A non chinese doesn't get more difficult questions during exam times for eg he attends the same cirriculum as the chinese do so if he does worse or if his race or section of society does poorly it just means they are lazy or not intelligent enough. The blame certainly doesn't fall on the chinese. Also there are many chinese that do poorly in school or in
scholastic endeavors and do low paying jobs and belong to the poorer section of society. In fact i can say chinese ppl are equally represented in almost all sections of sg society. What you are trying to do is somehow place the blame unto chinese ppl unfairly as if to imply that they got into places of higher learning due to discriminatory policies which is obviously not truthful. What do you intend society to do then? Allow minorities with lousier grades to get into these places while kicking out more deserving chinese? Why you want to be a communist? Also i could apply your own reasonings to other sections of society. The national football team is mostly malay. In short we could probably conclude that there must more malays that play better football that's why they got selected to play for singapore. This is just an assumption assuming no politics were involved. Anyway what is good for the goose should be good for the gander agree? Therefore were we to somehow allow more non chinese into institutues of higher learning we should allow more chinese to play football for singapore correct?

Btw what in the blue hell are you talking about here? The part that you were quoting from me was where you were somehow explaining why it's ok to discrimnate chinese in malaysia because they owned a large section of the economy in malaysia according to you i then followed your line of reasoning that the indians are the highest income earners in singapore thereby the same rules that applies to the chinese in malaysia should apply to the indians in singapore shouldn't it be? You didn't even address that by went totally off tangent there.

Btw who says discrimination of the chinese isn't felt? If a company owned by a malay discriminates its chinese employees it's felt by the chinese employees. What you're trying to do is indicate all because there are more chinese in higher positions of power and numerical superiority in sg somehow these chinese employees deserve to be discriminated. :rolleyes:

That should have been it, but I went on some more. I didn't intend to disparage anyone.

Having explained why it is nearly impossible to discriminate against Chinese Singaporeans, I then made a conjecture on why some people choose to flaunt their ethnic Chinese roots, and are quick to come to blows with others who threaten their racial identity. And it is based solely on my observation of Chinese from the mainland. I thought it may well be the reason for some silly rants like yours.

Chinese, Malay or Indian, I suggested such a person should see himself as a unique individual, and not judge himself or others simply by their wealth or being born with the same skin colour.

My rants aren't silly at all. There is nothing wrong in calling for fairness especially in terms of laws to apply equally to everyone.

Whether one chooses to flaunt his ethnic roots is simply based on his/her discretion, what one should not attempt to do is to act like he's sherlock holmes or some psychic to come out with purely baseless conjectures. Like oh this person is flaunting his ethnic roots he must be an under achiever. Is there any evidence to link this to his real life situation? Of course not. That's simply pure idiocy.

Actually i find that you do have double standards and you change your tune as to when and where to suit your argument. That's not very honest and not only that you change your standards too.

Like take your paragraph here. You claim all of us are unique individuals and should not base too much off our ethnic group. Ok fair enough but remember what you were claiming earlier? You were saying the chinese deserved discrimination because they were holding high positions of power therefore you changed your standards. When it comes as to why chinese ppl deserve to be disciminated in sg it's because they as a collective hold the positions of power in sg yet a chinese cannot feel proud of his ethnic group because he is just an individual. What you are trying to say here is take an average middle class chinese somehow deserves to be discriminated in singapore because many of the rich and powerful in singapore are chinese therefore as a collective this average chinese person deserves discrimination but the minute this average chinese wants to feel proud because as a collective his race holds the most power he cannot because he must judge himself as an individual not due to a collective. :rolleyes: It's a real disgusting double standard but what is even worse is somehow that tries to explain this in rational terms instead of being honest and admit he has double standards.

Yet what is even worse is you go off tangent to try to only hold these unfair standards only unto the chinese. Take the example of the chinese in malaysia. You use rational means to explain why they deserve discrimination in malaysia even though they are a minority over there because they hold considerable economic power which means to say they have a rather significant earning power. I then mentioned well the indians are the highest income earners in singapore then therefore they deserve discrimination based on your logic. You didn't even bother to explain that one cos i caught you up in those double standards so you tried to totally change the subject.

You also have communist tendencies and are all for affirmative action but short of actually admitting it. You try to make it seem like chinese ppl dominate almost all sections of higher learning due to unfair policies which is obviously untrue. All races go to the same schools and learn the same subjects. Take psle in primary school for eg. Do the chinese students get an easier psle exam compared to the other races? Then we go further up to O levels then A levels. Again do the chinese have an easier O or A level exam compared to the non chinese? :rolleyes: Therefore if more chinese end up entering university it should be suffice to say that they got there due to their own merits and if other races don't achieve as much then it's their own incompetence. Pretty straightforward. I know you stopped short of saying it but you were actually trying to advocate for affirmative action that is to allow incompetent non chinese to get into these universities therefore depriving more deserving chinese of these places am i correct? I also went one further to showcase your double standards. In the case of football there are more malays in the football team and the chinese are being discriminated over in football. So should we prevent a more deserving malay from playing in the football team assuming they select ppl thru sheer skill and not politics or race and put in some chinese in the football team? I don't have to say it but you would say no way because you are bias but don't want to admit it. :rolleyes:

Lastly i don't ever boast about chinese achievements but rather most of my "silly" rants are to show case discrimination on chinese ppl. Remember what you wrote earlier we are more than a collective but individuals in our own right therefore following your standards no one deserves discrimination because that would be a travesty based on his own individual rights. Am i correct? Anyway we have already established that isn't your intention. You change your standards according to the situation. A chinese is only an individual when it comes to looking up to his race. He is a chink that deserves discrimination because chinks hold the most economic power when it comes to being treated by the law or by society. :rolleyes:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
...... Chinese, Malay or Indian, I suggested such a person should see himself as a unique individual, and not judge himself or others simply by their wealth or being born with the same skin colour.

I enter Malaysia as many times as the rain comes. I have rarely seen a Chinese immigration officer stamping my passport - as rare as seeing a double rainbow in the sky. Don't tell me Indians and Chinese are not good at stamping passports? I see them all as "unique individuals" - and "selamat pagi" or "selamat petang" to them all as I am entering their country as a guest and to prosper my neighbours as a tourist!

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh is it? From the way you were describing things you were actually justifying why the chinese deserved to be discriminated. I trust that wasn't your intention after all.

No, not at all. I am simply saying that if a Chinese Malaysian says he is being discriminated, I would believe him. A Chinese Singaporean, not so. (not unless we throw FTs into the equation).

Btw who says discrimination of the chinese isn't felt? If a company owned by a malay discriminates its chinese employees it's felt by the chinese employees. What you're trying to do is indicate all because there are more chinese in higher positions of power and numerical superiority in sg somehow these chinese employees deserve to be discriminated. :rolleyes:

I don't feel it, but then again I haven't worked directly for a Malay boss. Neither do I know of many holding middle or upper management roles in SG.

My rants aren't silly at all.

Nonsense. Everyone's fart stinks except for mine.

I find that you do have double standards and you change your tune as to when and where to suit your argument. That's not very honest and not only that you change your standards too.

Actually I am not very smart and find it difficult to address your arguments and clarifying what I said at the same time.

You also have communist tendencies and are all for affirmative action but short of actually admitting it.

You are a sharp one. Yes, I am for affirmative action people of this group if they want to assimilate, but I do not insist they become a melting pot Singaporean by being less Malay. They are Malay Singaporean by birth.

You try to make it seem like chinese ppl dominate almost all sections of higher learning due to unfair policies

I did not. I simply explained the rationale for why I think Chinese Singaporeans have economic advantage over their Malay counterparts. I would have said they probably don't think it is important.

Lastly i don't ever boast about chinese achievements but rather most of my "silly" rants are to show case discrimination on chinese ppl.

I might have missed it, but how were you discriminated as a Chinese Singaporean? Did macik give you less rice for your padang, or smaller chicken wings?

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
552453_427718963941826_2026959959_n.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, not at all. I am simply saying that if a Chinese Malaysian says he is being discriminated, I would believe him. A Chinese Singaporean, not so. (not unless we throw FTs into the equation).

Oh look now you are going thru "i am going to talk cock cos i have been thoroughly defeated" mode.

Let's see.

Oh i see so a singaporean chinese isn't an individual but belongs to a collective now. So that is to say a poor chinese singaporean cannot be discriminated because the big tow kays and politicians are chinese. :rolleyes:

I don't feel it, but then again I haven't worked directly for a Malay boss. Neither do I know of many holding middle or upper management roles in SG.

I didn't know you need to work for a malay boss to actually recognize discrimination. Then again it must suck not being able to retort anything back with logic but still needing to reply back even with BS.

Actually I am not very smart and find it difficult to address your arguments and clarifying what I said at the same time.

In short to say you don't even remember what you wrote the last time cos it's all BS right?

You are a sharp one. Yes, I am for affirmative action people of this group if they want to assimilate, but I do not insist they become a melting pot Singaporean by being less Malay. They are Malay Singaporean by birth.

Pray tell in what manner are malays in sg less assimilated? By not holding high positions of power that they did not attain thru their own merit? Who is insisting that malay singaporeans become less malay? Why are you making up shit? My my so you have admitted you want affirmative action for malays. It's such a joke i had to squeeze it out of you while you were going one whole round refusing to simply say it out.

I did not. I simply explained the rationale for why I think Chinese Singaporeans have economic advantage over their Malay counterparts. I would have said they probably don't think it is important.

Well when you get better grades in school when you work hard at your job i suppose you would earn more money and in short you would have an economic advantage. It's just simply the laws of nature. Does someone that worked harder in school somehow deserve to be treated in a less fair manner by the law or society simply because he has accomplished more? No of course not.

Also i tot everyone is their own individual? Why would chinese having more economic advantage over malays matter? After all there are many poor chinese too.

I might have missed it, but how were you discriminated as a Chinese Singaporean? Did macik give you less rice for your padang, or smaller chicken wings?

Oh yes it comes back to personal experience again right? You see the problem is you are trying to mock me for some supposed personal discrimination that i experienced. I have noticed ppl like you before. When a malay gets discriminated and he is supposedly being discriminated because there are more rich chinese around he has every right to be racist and complain about chinese ppl but if a chinese does that oh yes he probably got discriminated by some malay but it's a big joke that he got discriminated.

Well in any case you don't have anything of worth to retort but just a bunch of juvenile replies laced with a few poorly aimed insults. It's so sad to see someone that actually attempts to engage in intelligent discourse now being reduced to a troll.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
I enter Malaysia as many times as the rain comes. I have rarely seen a Chinese immigration officer stamping my passport - as rare as seeing a double rainbow in the sky. Don't tell me Indians and Chinese are not good at stamping passports? I see them all as "unique individuals" - and "selamat pagi" or "selamat petang" to them all as I am entering their country as a guest and to prosper my neighbours as a tourist!

I remember Mahatir said he was disappointed with the Malays for not bucking up despite given all the institutional advantages that the country can give them. That is why I thought maybe Malays do not see material goods as important, so they are not workaholics like Chinese or maybe even Indians. What to do when majority is like that, and the country has to take care of them first?

Soon Singapore will have decide how we are going to take care of PMETs who get retrenched. Are there enough taxis around for all to drive and make a living? Do you want some fucked up ang moh know-it-all come and tell you Singapore taxi drivers are the worst in the world, and then look down on Singaporeans?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember Mahatir said he was disappointed with the Malays for not bucking up despite given all the institutional advantages that the country can give them. That is why I thought maybe Malays do not see material goods as important, so they are not workaholics like Chinese or maybe even Indians. What to do when majority is like that, and the country has to take care of them first?

Soon Singapore will have decide how we are going to take care of PMETs who get retrenched. Are there enough taxis around for all to drive and make a living? Do you want some fucked up ang moh know-it-all come and tell you Singapore taxi drivers are the worst in the world, and then look down on Singaporeans?

If malays don't see material goods as important according to you so why would you care if chinese have economic advantage over them so to speak? Like a native man living in the jungle is poorer than the rich businessman but he doesn't care at all cos he's content living in the jungle so what does it matter then?

In regards to your last sentence what's the correlation between retrenched pmets making bad taxi drivers? So someone that used to work as a PMET would make a bad taxi driver is that what you say? Also what does this supposed mass retrenchment of PMETS have to do with the issues here at hand. I hope you would think it through properly instead of just blurting out BS to me again.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
This quotation function is so time consuming. This will be my last post before bed.

JA: Oh is it? From the way you were describing things you were actually justifying why the chinese deserved to be discriminated. I trust that wasn't your intention after all.

MO: No, not at all. I am simply saying that if a Chinese Malaysian says he is being discriminated, I would believe him. A Chinese Singaporean, not so. (not unless we throw FTs into the equation).

JA: Oh i see so a singaporean chinese isn't an individual but belongs to a collective now. So that is to say a poor chinese singaporean cannot be discriminated because the big tow kays and politicians are chinese. :rolleyes:

also

JA: Btw who says discrimination of the chinese isn't felt? If a company owned by a malay discriminates its chinese employees it's felt by the chinese employees. What you're trying to do is indicate all because there are more chinese in higher positions of power and numerical superiority in sg somehow these chinese employees deserve to be discriminated.

MO: I don't feel it, but then again I haven't worked directly for a Malay boss. Neither do I know of many holding middle or upper management roles in SG.

JA: I didn't know you need to work for a malay boss to actually recognize discrimination. Then again it must suck not being able to retort anything back with logic but still needing to reply back even with BS.

I said it is impossible for Chinese Singaporeans ("CS") to be systematically discriminated on the basis of race in Singapore because there are bound to be other CS in the same industry. For example, a CS working in the IT industry may be discriminated in one company. But because there are so many CS in other companies, he cannot therefore say he is disadvantaged for being ethnic Chinese.

I gave you a very obvious hint, that if you can name one, just one industry that makes it difficult for him to find work elsewhere, then you have a case. Easy peasy. But you refuse to name that one example. If you can't, you have to concede this point.

JA: You also have communist tendencies and are all for affirmative action but short of actually admitting it.

MO: You are a sharp one. Yes, I am for affirmative action people of this group if they want to assimilate, but I do not insist they become a melting pot Singaporean by being less Malay. They are Malay Singaporean by birth.[/COLOR]

JA: Pray tell in what manner are malays in sg less assimilated? By not holding high positions of power that they did not attain thru their own merit? Who is insisting that malay singaporeans become less malay? Why are you making up shit? My my so you have admitted you want affirmative action for malays. It's such a joke i had to squeeze it out of you while you were going one whole round refusing to simply say it out.

Assimilation was never part of the initial premise of my argument. I was merely telling you my point of view since you are so keen to know. You made wild claims that I have communist tendencies, and even claimed I said CS were more successful because of unfair policies. Those are serious allegations! You got to back it up!

JA: You try to make it seem like chinese ppl dominate almost all sections of higher learning due to unfair policies

MO: I did not. I simply explained the rationale for why I think Chinese Singaporeans have economic advantage over their Malay counterparts. I would have said they probably don't think it is important.

JA: Well when you get better grades in school when you work hard at your job i suppose you would earn more money and in short you would have an economic advantage. It's just simply the laws of nature. Does someone that worked harder in school somehow deserve to be treated in a less fair manner by the law or society simply because he has accomplished more? No of course not.

Also i tot everyone is their own individual? Why would chinese having more economic advantage over malays matter? After all there are many poor chinese too.

So you agree CS have economic advantage.

There can be many reasons why CS are over-represented in higher learning, which gives that economic advantage. One reason could be the ineffective teaching in school, leading to parents having to supplant school teachers by finding tutors for their children. A child in an economically disadvantaged family, regardless of race, may not be able to afford tutors to help them, thus a vicious cycle can occur for the community if society does not lend a helping hand.

Ah but did I say people who worked hard should be disadvantaged? You "ownself" by creating a straw man to be put down and claimed that I said that. Can see the quote or not?

JA: Lastly i don't ever boast about chinese achievements but rather most of my "silly" rants are to show case discrimination on chinese ppl.

MO: I might have missed it, but how were you discriminated as a Chinese Singaporean? Did macik give you less rice for your padang, or smaller chicken wings?[/COLOR]

JA: Oh yes it comes back to personal experience again right? You see the problem is you are trying to mock me for some supposed personal discrimination that i experienced. I have noticed ppl like you before. When a malay gets discriminated and he is supposedly being discriminated because there are more rich chinese around he has every right to be racist and complain about chinese ppl but if a chinese does that oh yes he probably got discriminated by some malay but it's a big joke that he got discriminated.

Well in any case you don't have anything of worth to retort but just a bunch of juvenile replies laced with a few poorly aimed insults. It's so sad to see someone that actually attempts to engage in intelligent discourse now being reduced to a troll.

Ok bro, I feel you. We need to go back and consult the dictionary.

According to the*United Nations*Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination,

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on*race, colour,*descent, or national or*ethnic*origin that has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of*human rights*and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

Let's not get personal. The definition is already very broad. Does any of your perceived injustice fall into the categories stated above?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This quotation function is so time consuming. This will be my last post before bed.

Oh it is time consuming? Yet you actually went the extra mile to word it in conversation form and by putt JA: before each of my points showing that you took extra effort on top of quoting me pt for pt. I must say you're a funny one complaining that it's time consuming but spending even more time not only quoting me pt for pt but to do it in covo form. Anyway onwards.

I said it is impossible for Chinese Singaporeans ("CS") to be systematically discriminated on the basis of race in Singapore because there are bound to be other CS in the same industry. For example, a CS working in the IT industry may be discriminated in one company. But because there are so many CS in other companies, he cannot therefore say he is disadvantaged for being ethnic Chinese.

I gave you a very obvious hint, that if you can name one, just one industry that makes it difficult for him to find work elsewhere, then you have a case. Easy peasy. But you refuse to name that one example. If you can't, you have to concede this point.

Well if that was your original pt you should have stated that out and emphasized and elaborated on it. The fact of the matter is that just by being born chinese does not automatically mean you won't face discrimination. There are places where the majority are malays. Example would be say the fast food industry. Perhaps a particular restaurant has a non chinese boss and most of this chinese person's co workers aren't chinese but say malays. This chinese person could face discrimination in that branch and that's already bad enough. Are you trying to somehow change the goal posts to somehow excuse this chinese person being discriminated in that branch to say that him being discriminated isn't a big deal since overall most of the branches of this fast food chain probably employ more chinese? Or that there are more chinese employees in the fast food industry since they are the majority race (duh) so he isn't systematically discriminated but still discriminated nontheless. Look don't try to shift the goal posts. Discrimination is discrimination period. Yes of course due to the numbers a chinese wouldn't be systematically discriminated unless it's the money changing industry or the football industry but discrimination is discrimination. Let's say you are in the accounting industry for eg and your boss happens to be a malay and discriminates you. You mean to tell me that because the accounting industry overall is probably majority chinese it's ok for the malay boss to discriminate? That is what you are clearly implying. Btw i have named you the football industry and money changing as where the chinese aren't the majority and might be systematically discriminated. I have fulfilled the requirement. I don't try to change the goal posts or use double speak.

Assimilation was never part of the initial premise of my argument. I was merely telling you my point of view since you are so keen to know. You made wild claims that I have communist tendencies, and even claimed I said CS were more successful because of unfair policies. Those are serious allegations! You got to back it up!

Oh but that's what you wrote in post #14 what. You even went as far to write something as contridictory as you are for affirmative action for malays if they want to assimilate but you don't want to them to become a melting pot and become less malay. Firstly do you even know what assimilation means? When you assimilate you obviously take up more of someone else's culture and yes it becomes a melting pot. How do you assimilate with someone else and still remain seperate and distinct? Then you aren't assimilating. OK back to you saying you were not referring to assimilation. Therefore what were you exactly referring to on post #14?

Of course you have communist tendecies what. You want affirmative action for malays which means they get positions in university that they don't deserve due to poor grades over others that have more deserving grades. Sounds pretty similar to communist way of thinking which is to take what the haves own to give it to the have-nots. Isn't that what you are advocating?

As for chinese singaporeans being more successful due to unfair policies isn't that what you were referring to? You wanted to give that impression but i proved you wrong by showing that all singaporeans in the singaporean education system take the same exams and study the same syllabus therefore if you don't do as well in the education syllabus it would go to show you aren't the competent. Common sense what. Remember again. I brought up that point. You wanted to make it seem that there were more chinese singaporeans in uni because of unfair practices in which i proved to you that is not the case.

So you agree CS have economic advantage.

There can be many reasons why CS are over-represented in higher learning, which gives that economic advantage. One reason could be the ineffective teaching in school, leading to parents having to supplant school teachers by finding tutors for their children. A child in an economically disadvantaged family, regardless of race, may not be able to afford tutors to help them, thus a vicious cycle can occur for the community if society does not lend a helping hand.

Ah but did I say people who worked hard should be disadvantaged? You "ownself" by creating a straw man to be put down and claimed that I said that. Can see the quote or not?

Well if chinese are more hard working and have more drive it would go to show they would be richer and better off economically so what do you want? If some race of ppl don't want to work or study harder who else do they have to blame? I asked if you have communist tendencies and you claim you don't and i'm making it up but you want to somehow make things equal between the chinese and malays in economic terms by perhaps somehow getting the chinese to support the malays? Comeon admit it and don't twist and turn and hide in the shadows. Yes the chinese have more economic advantage because they are more hardworking. They deserve it. What is your intention for bringing this up then? You don't ever say it so i have to guess what your intentions are but you keep on denying them so again why bring this up then?

Oh yes now it's the school education system's fault. With hardly any evidence to prove you are somehow implying that the chinese singaporeans managed to do better in school is because they come from richer families which in turn allows them to hire tutors that poorer families are unable to afford and thus get better grades in school to get into teritary education. :rolleyes: Sounds really far fetched and mind you there are countless stories out there of students that came from poor families that got good grades in school so it's definitely not because they cannot afford tutors. You are doing this because you simply refuse to admit the truth.

Also look at your post #17

You yourself mentioned that malays aren't workaholics unlike chinese and indians and don't see material goods as important therefore they obviously wouldn't be economically well off compared to the chinese or indians. That's how life is like what do you want then? Also if malays don't see material goods as important and aren't workaholics they wouldn't mind working in lower playing blue collar jobs then. You seem rather unhappy about that though even though you yourself admitted it. You are not happy that malays are not so well off because they don't want to work and are not materialistic and you don't want to be called a communist by having the law take away what the chinese have earned to give to the malays. My you are a real slimy one.

Ok bro, I feel you. We need to go back and consult the dictionary.

According to the*United Nations*Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination,

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction, or preference based on*race, colour,*descent, or national or*ethnic*origin that has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of*human rights*and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

Let's not get personal. The definition is already very broad. Does any of your perceived injustice fall into the categories stated above?

:rolleyes: Back to your nonsensical talk cock shit again. Since the definition of racial discrimination is very broad of course my examples do fall into the categories. One example a malay stall holder charges chinese customers more falls under the the very definition that you have posted yourself of distinction and exclusion and preference. You see just 1 simple example of a malay stall holder charging a chinese customer more compared to a malay customer already falls under the definition of racial discrimination that you yourself posted. The malay stall holder has made the distinction that the customer is a chinese, therefore restricts him from a discount and prefers malay customers. See i managed to prove it to you again. From some made up tales of being charged more for nasi pandang to dictionary definitions. :rolleyes: You are going out of whack here getting totally out of topic. I figure you are trying to troll me since you are unable to refute me logically.