• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How many of you are prepared to pay $800 for this watch ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I hardly see anyone wearing their panerais on the rubber strap that is included in the box.

Wearing the rubber strap with panerai is like wearing too tight briefs or wearing cheap shoes. It is right up there with the folks who put headrest covers on their car seats.... Or those who leave the plastic covers on their new car seats or new leather sofa.... It is very... Jewish.

Sometimes I like to change to rubber strips ..because I use it for my sports as well .. They comes with a screwdriver too so it's easy for me to change it S and when I like .

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Submariner is a sport watch ...so it's ok ..I wear it for surfing and snowboarding too .

I wear a Citizen Eco Drive diver 200m for those activities. Maybe because i am too poor to be able to afford a Rolex for those activities.

I know this guy who wears a Sub LV for swimming. Maybe he is the kind of person who wears Prada sneakers to his IPPT training also.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My two cents' worth:

Rolex is best, if you're spending thousands.

S&T is best, if you're spending hundreds.

Casio is best, if you're spending tenners.

If you can spend whatever you like, whatever you like is best!

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some timepiece collectors follow trend ..remember got one time panerai was out of stock even in japan ( it started with Some popular actor or actress wearing it ) ...if one want to collect watch the best don't follow trend ... Go for the limited edition ....safer but more expensive .

After Panerai sued RXW, the Jap watch collector community boycotted Panerai. These days, Panerai demand in Japan has plummeted and with it, its market values too.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wear a Citizen Eco Drive diver 200m for those activities. Maybe because i am too poor to be able to afford a Rolex for those activities.

I know this guy who wears a Sub LV for swimming. Maybe he is the kind of person who wears Prada sneakers to his IPPT training also.

I just wear those sport watch ...for outdoor activity ...of course I don't wear frank muller for diving ...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rolex is the best. Like many previous posters have said, can drive bus, taxi, can be renovation contractor or plumber, can be idler or gambler, all can wear Rolex! :smile: Can also easily pawn. :biggrin:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rolex is the best. Like many previous posters have said, can drive bus, taxi, can be renovation contractor or plumber, can be idler or gambler, all can wear Rolex! :biggrin:

But do you really like wearing such a common watch?

It is like driving a white coloured Mercedes E class as your own car, then somebody on the street tries to flag you down.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Alot of watch collectors also don't invest in a good watch winder .. I don't know why ?

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just wear those sport watch ...for outdoor activity ...of course I don't wear frank muller for diving ...

You will be interested to know that Rolex don't make watches like they did anymore. The modern rolexes are plagued with inconsistencies... People who go diving with their rolexs find oxidation inside their dials and hands, the rolex markers come off the dial after some impact, somebody even found an eyelash stuck under the sapphire glass... This is brand new rolex some more....

Google for more complaints...

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Rolex is the best. Like many previous posters have said, can drive bus, taxi, can be renovation contractor or plumber, can be idler or gambler, all can wear Rolex! :smile: Can also easily pawn. :biggrin:

You typical lau ah beng mindset :wink:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But do you really like wearing such a common watch?

It is like driving a white coloured Mercedes E class as your own car, then somebody on the street tries to flag you down.

I won't be surprised if LKY wears a S$200 Casio and his chauffeur wears a S$2,000 Rolex.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alot of watch collectors also don't invest in a good watch winder .. I don't know why ?

They believe that keeping a watch running wears out the movement and parts.

I believe that keeping it constantly running actually ensures that lubricant is even spread throughout the movement hence resulting in less stress to the moving parts.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You will be interested to know that Rolex don't make watches like they did anymore. The modern rolexes are plagued with inconsistencies... People who go diving with their rolexs find oxidation inside their dials and hands, the rolex markers come off the dial after some impact, somebody even found an eyelash stuck under the sapphire glass... This is brand new rolex some more....

Google for more complaints...

Mine so far no problem ... But I will never wear rolex vintage daytona " Paul Newman " for sports...:wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They believe that keeping a watch running wears out the movement and parts.

I believe that keeping it constantly running actually ensures that lubricant is even spread throughout the movement hence resulting in less stress to the moving parts.

Wear out the movement ? That's a myth ..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come people here all wearing and discussing Rolexes and Patek Philippes, then complaining Singapore no good no welfare? :confused: :biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Would you like to see your countryman suffer under the lee family ?

Really? In a country where even bus drivers are wearing genuine Rolexes. The idea of freedom, democracy and balance of power is good. But the opposition sees the few selling tissues but not the many wearing Rolexes. In a country where even bus drivers are wearing genuine Rolexes, there'd be no mass protest or revolution. Not that the government is that good. People figure out other and better ways to afford luxuries.