• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How low will u go?

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
To all the bros who lose their jobs.

If u used to be earning 3-4k. How low will u go for your next job offer? Will u accept a 2k+ job?

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
If your finances are able to adjust to the new job offering, I would recommend you take up the offer. Of course, during times like this, we would be looking at a pay cut of 30% (I'm being safe here)

Let's say you are taking home 4K, now the new job offer is offering you take home of 2K, you will have to work out your sums and your finances to see if you can adjust to the new figure.

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beggars can't be choosers given this period of extraordinary tough time for the world's economy...

I will take whatever job available and rough it out for the time being, minus 30% is the lowest I can go...

:o

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
4k - 30% = 2.8K, 3k - 30% = 2.1k :( so a 30% cut is very very big blow
life is going backwards :(

Everyday eat vegetable rice $3, drink plain water. $10 per day for food is enough.

Add in commuting to work via public transport $100.

Add HP bills, internet bills, conservancy charges, utilities, etc $400

Plus housing loan, another $200.

Around 1k is bare minimum to survive per month...

cityhope

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is if u dont have children or elderly to support.....and yes i agree take the job rough it out, look for better opportunities. NO LOYALTY TO THE COMPANY

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
To all the bros who lose their jobs.

If u used to be earning 3-4k. How low will u go for your next job offer? Will u accept a 2k+ job?

i think it's never too late to start financial planning, so hope this helps.

Income - Savings = Expenditure

even a small bit of savings of 10% of income a month is savings, start small, get started. having small bits of savings can help tide over rainy days later.

adaptability is one of the traits all living organisms possess, so having a job that helps sustain oneself is better than being out of job. having a smaller income is better than having no income.

take up any job offer and work it out, and grab at better chances when they come along. i've heard others saying that being a boss so you wouldn't be out of a job, but i haven't given it a serious thought on how to be a boss, so i can't help on that. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Zhihau

While I agree with you that it is prudent to save (and I do save a lot), I would like to add that a lot of Singaporeans saved and plonked their savings in properties and investments. Now they had lost a large clunk of their investments (at least on paper). So saving is just one half of the story.

As a Buddhist, I would like to suggest that everyone consider donating part of one's income to charities as well. Be it $1 or $1000, every little bit counts towards making the world a better place. Investing in our good karma is also very important.

Cheers

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my good bro,

i see donations as a form of expenditure, never an investment :p:p:p

but you're right, we need to spend more on donations :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Actually some investors believe that giving to charity is an investment in good karma.

Look at whats happened to the Lee family. They hoard all those $$$ & are making enormous losses. A case of bad karma :confused:

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually some investors believe that giving to charity is an investment in good karma.

Look at whats happened to the Lee family. They hoard all those $$$ & are making enormous losses. A case of bad karma :confused:

Yes, I saw it that way as well. :smile:

They have hookwinked us for too long liao, now kena this kind of creampie in their face! On one side I am furious for their losses, hey that's our money, ok? On another side, I am laughing at their act clever but kena losses story.

A case of bad karma? No, the full karma will be when they (PAPigs) die and answer for all their dirty deeds in front of the Creator and eternal Hell for all time. Only then will be be square and fair!

Cheers!

Life is fair in a way, death is the great equalizer of men, be it PAPigs or normal People... All have to die and answer for their lifetime of deeds...

:biggrin:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Everyday eat vegetable rice $3, drink plain water. $10 per day for food is enough.

Add in commuting to work via public transport $100.

Add HP bills, internet bills, conservancy charges, utilities, etc $400

Plus housing loan, another $200.

Around 1k is bare minimum to survive per month...

Housing loan, another $200?. You mean to say cash top up $200, with using your cpf to pay the initial S$1000.?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
having a job that pays 2K is always better than having none. I suggest take the job first, ride it out and wait for better times.

If possible, get another part-time job or something.