• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how low can it get?

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
as people sleep off their panic over the weekend, we should see a dead cat bounce this week I think...

I hope the godzillas like Deutsche Bank remain steady... otherwise sun will turn black...

Hamlin

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,

it's 1,821.13...

When Lehman Bro collapsed I call to sell HSI, NKK and STI.. STI was close to 2500 then. By end Sep I said that ASIA will feel the ripples from the WEST - stay short, STI will test 1700.

Today - HSI @ 13528 , NKK 225 @8200 and STI @ 1750.. Many are saying the STI is supported at 1500, signs are showing Credit Crunch easing..we are seeing the bottom!!!! Errr... the bottom? I think we are just seeiing the debut, the beginning of the long awaited recession. Does anyone really believe that the Financial Crisis, touted to tip the 1929 Great Depression would come and go in 3 months? Just compare the various bourses.. can Singapore sustain at 1700 level if the others continues to retreat?

I say lets brace ourselves for the long rainny season ahead. I hope my umbrella is big enough....

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the only the begining, we have not seen the real shit yet.
So don't rush into the Stock market just yet, unless you have lots of holding power.

For those humble people who are not in the stock market at all, they will survive this, for those who are greedy, their investment will vaporized.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just compare the various bourses.. can Singapore sustain at 1700 level if the others continues to retreat?

I say lets brace ourselves for the long rainny season ahead. I hope my umbrella is big enough....

The STI is a insignificant market compared to other asian bourses, it takes its cue from the rest...there is no way it will hold its own while others goes on a free fall...

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the only the begining, we have not seen the real shit yet.
So don't rush into the Stock market just yet, unless you have lots of holding power.

For those humble people who are not in the stock market at all, they will survive this, for those who are greedy, their investment will vaporized.

is it a good time to go into STI Futures and sell? Looks like long way to go before hitting bottom...

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro Frankie, better don't rush in.The bottom is bottomless.STI keeps diving and will crush and hit the rocks below.So stay away and just watch.Don't rush in.It's almost nothing now..almost boh liao. Very soon injection of liquidity will have to come from gahment...but also jialat liao.funds siphoned out already...empty coconut shell.jialat.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Frankie, better don't rush in.The bottom is bottomless.STI keeps diving and will crush and hit the rocks below.So stay away and just watch.Don't rush in.It's almost nothing now..almost boh liao. Very soon injection of liquidity will have to come from gahment...but also jialat liao.funds siphoned out already...empty coconut shell.jialat.

but i thought STI Futures can bet on market dropping...each point it drop is worth $10....:biggrin:

like that can make hell of money assuming the market keep dropping..:biggrin::biggrin:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are some bargains if you look at their fundamentals. Not many will be able to buy at the lowest cos you won't know when it will happen.

Its now how you much holding power you have.

Hamlin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably around 1500 to 1600. Take care!

I wont even bother to guess.. Looking for the rebound to average on my short position from end Sep.. At the rate the other bourses are falling STI has 'room' to retreat.

Look at what happened to Indonesia last 2wk. Observe where the Philippine bonds are trading today... I think 1500 will come and go at the blink of the eye. 3Q results are still coming out and the markets will continue to correct for some time to come. The rallies we see for now will only lead to new lows the next rounds.. Good luck in your trading:smile:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
fundamentals? oh dear what fundamentals now? all going down and a free fall for all. end time is here. sell and run for cover. don't appear. hide in a cave and closet yourself.