• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious How can SMRT Desmond Quack receive over $1 million in performance bonuses? WTF?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
In the US, such generous compensation for this sort of incompetence would have been rewarded with a job termination.

I have been going through the books of SMRT. It appears that SMRT's gross profit before taxes increased $110.86 million in 2015 to $129.33 million in 2016. SO, I guess based on this increase of $19 million in pretax profit, they gave Dessie Quack that performance bonus. However, when I looked at that, a lot of the increase was not due to the skill of Quack as a CEO. Rather, Fuel and electricity expenses when from $150 million in 2015 to $132 million due to the global slump in fuel prices. This savings alone in fuel and electricity costs results in an $18 million contribution to the bottom line. Almost making up the increase in profits of $19 million. In other words, almost the sole reason for the increase in gross profit is accounted for by the lower global fuel costs and not by Quack's ability. And for this lucky coincidence, the fucker got rewarded handsomely? This is talent?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If clawbacks were done on the ivory tower for all the failures, we could be looking at 100 billion USD.

By the way, the real kicker is the 260,000 shares he got for this year and last year. So, that's 520,000 shares he owns. In 2014, SMRT dividend was $1.20 per share and then when to $1.50 in 2015. So assume that it is flat at $1.50 this year, his 520,000 shares will bring him another $780,000 in dividend income. And looks like this 260,000 shares are written into his employment contract. SO every year he will get 260,000. Song boh?

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the US, such generous compensation for this sort of incompetence would have been rewarded with a job termination.

I have been going through the books of SMRT. It appears that SMRT's gross profit before taxes increased $110.86 million in 2015 to $129.33 million in 2016. SO, I guess based on this increase of $19 million in pretax profit, they gave Dessie Quack that performance bonus. However, when I looked at that, a lot of the increase was not due to the skill of Quack as a CEO. Rather, Fuel and electricity expenses when from $150 million in 2015 to $132 million due to the global slump in fuel prices. This savings alone in fuel and electricity costs results in an $18 million contribution to the bottom line. Almost making up the increase in profits of $19 million. In other words, almost the sole reason for the increase in gross profit is accounted for by the lower global fuel costs and not by Quack's ability. And for this lucky coincidence, the fucker got rewarded handsomely? This is talent?

Desmond Quek Phaik Hwa is now concentrating on retail if you are blind to the truth.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
izzit possible that his trains did not performed but he did.... personally or knew someone very powerful like a BG who is junior in rank to him???

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By the way, the real kicker is the 260,000 shares he got for this year and last year. So, that's 520,000 shares he owns. In 2014, SMRT dividend was $1.20 per share and then when to $1.50 in 2015. So assume that it is flat at $1.50 this year, his 520,000 shares will bring him another $780,000 in dividend income. And looks like this 260,000 shares are written into his employment contract. SO every year he will get 260,000. Song boh?

how can smrt dividend be $1.20.thats nearly 100 percent dividiend per share yield.....most sg stocks are like penny junk stocks or worth a few dollars.....if can get 10 cent dividend is can hum chio already.