• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

how can i start my own party?

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
after going through the 2011 election thingy, i am excited to form my own group and own party to challenge the next election.but how can i go about it???
what education do i need?how much finance is enough and what i need to prepare during this 5 years time to the next election...!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
u might as well join WP...gain exp 1st then decide whether to start u own...WP now got the rupt being...PAP Killer...:biggrin::biggrin:

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
First things first. Get credible potential candidates. Bob Sim Kheng Hwee aka leetahbar aka 3WhiteTiger comes to mind. And for advice, publicity and IT logistics, ISD officer Yap Kheng Ho aka Uncle Yap is indispensable.

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
after going through the 2011 election thingy, i am excited to form my own group and own party to challenge the next election.but how can i go about it???
what education do i need?how much finance is enough and what i need to prepare during this 5 years time to the next election...!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

You can start by buying an airticket to Taipei. Upon arrival take a taxi to ROC City Hall and enquire about the procedure. :biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Alamak...y u all so mean leh...1 end up in Horlan...de other end up in Taiwan...:biggrin::p

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
First things first. Get credible potential candidates. Bob Sim Kheng Hwee aka leetahbar aka 3WhiteTiger comes to mind. And for advice, publicity and IT logistics, ISD officer Yap Kheng Ho aka Uncle Yap is indispensable.

uncle yap is ISD???O ya bo???thought he very anti PAP de leh.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
uncle yap is ISD???O ya bo???thought he very anti PAP de leh.

I see your desire to sail into political oceans without even equipping yourself with the knowledge of what does a revolving light in the distance on a pitch black night signifies!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Before register. You better do resident visit and provide help. If the resident dont support is useless .

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Suggest you meet up with Georgie Yeo and get some tips. Get him to join you too. He can't wait to get even with PAP for abandoning him to the dogs...

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

We have had enough of half baked parties. No need for another. Your best bet is to join WP.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Set up a political party championing the cause of anarcho-capitalism and I'll support you financially and morally.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think everyone can agree that we have already too many tiny and new opposition parties in SG already, the disaster is showing up in 3-corner fights during GE.

A better solution is to merge into a bigger parties but divided into WINGS, each being a sub-party organisation with own committee, but share resources and share electoral division coverage. This way is better for SG overall.

In the opposition history, it showed that electoral win does not necessarily Increase membership nor unity. The clear example was the previous major parliamentary seat breakthrough in 1991/1992 after SDP got 3 seats they ousted Chiam & divided their own party & sued like hell. WP did lots of internal restrictions or measures causing many leaders to leave in the past their own and formed or join other parties, I think this is what Mr. LTK needs to tune WP into a certain way which is good for his result today. E.g. GMS CTL Gomes are examples of people left WP, and my spare candidates in this GE2011, told me that they went to WP before, they are very strictly screening and filtering new members, that each new prospect are assigned to go under study a specifically assigned representative who would assess the new prospect for a period of time, to decide weather to accept into WP or not. As a result the fellows pissed off and left.

On the other hand you can see like RP candidate snap resigned before nomination and join SDP & NSP, obviously under a totally different mode of recruitment / acceptance policy.

There are example of candidates who left RP in very bad and sore notes and yet RP will still shortly after invited them to return, and in some cases left again, or leaving after the poll again in worse disappointed modes. This is still going on, and I will not name any person now.

Setting up more new tiny opposition parties is just only going to produce more little platforms for people to hop around, does not help the national political progress. Please discuss and consider properly. These days LEEgime is very happy to approve in few month any party registration you apply, they know that this mechanism helps to DIVIDE the strengthening opposition camp. If they can divide us into 40 tiny parties all quarrelling with each other and wanting to go into multi-corner fights, they can stay in power even if they are totally rotten within themselves. :mad:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
too many oppo in 1 sml island looks like 一盘散沙

说得正确!正是这样的实况。:(

上届大选我还可以比较集中力量时间协助jbj和sdp,现在2011大选变成我已经分头协助3-4方面的反对党派系才可以达到战略上目的的需要。这样下去永远不是办法!凝聚力太不足了。:(