• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

hougang stand-in MP trade residents' privacy for publicity !!!!! Netizens jin tulan!!

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
orbi goot !

kena eff by netizens for her publicity trip..

show that she dun care bout the residents privacy ... care more about her own propaganda.....

300830_147558295338927_100002542727275_231907_553343103_n.jpg

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: hougang stand-in MP trade residents' privacy for publicity !!!!! Netizens jin tul

And so? TPL's crime is worse.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: hougang stand-in MP trade residents' privacy for publicity !!!!! Netizens jin tul

TPL never delete comments....she del comments liao.... she is going to become another siao char bo nicole seah....

5 years is a bery long time... now that she is in SIngapore ... Mr Low will be able to observe that she is not MP material...

then she would have wasted her next 5 years in singapore.... like perry and brandon .....

orbi goot !

Mushroom

Alfrescian
Loyal

What can a man who is already desperate for help do? sue the mp? muhahaha~

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Maybe they HAVE got permission.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you look at the pictures closely, the MPS is held at a void deck. Though I've never been to one, I understand that opposition MPS are held at void decks. It's obvious that privacy is not an issue about appearing there. Anyone could have walked past and take a photoshot. Privacy is about what transpired between the MP (or acting MP) and the resident. Was it leaked and made public? None that I know of. So, what's the issue?

But to be fair to the skeptic, the pictures do look like being taken deliberately for publicity. But once again, I see no issue here. There's nothing wrong with publicizing work done as long as nothing confidential is leaked. And as Htolas has pointed out, in all probability she or her photographer could have asked for permission first. I don't think that any resident willing to see her at void deck has anything against being photographed with her.

Annoyed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks, you took the words right out of my mouth. If I may also add that the pictures mainly show the BACKVIEW of the residents ie. their faces aren't even visible.

Honestly, I am not too comfortable with what appears to be an attempt at muckraking here. In another post, the thread starter calls Glenda Han a party gal who rocks her time away while the rest of her colleagues slog at grassroot activities. Now that its been proven she works as hard as anyone else, he discredits her effort by accusing her of trading residents' privacy for publicity. I've seen pictures of other MPS before, and they look largely the same - MPs' faces visible and residents' faces either not visible or barely visible. If there is a problem with this set of photographs, there is a problem with the rest of them too.

Again, I reiterate that there's nothing wrong with expecting politicians and politician-wannabes to conduct themselves appropriately. But there's a huge difference between asking for accountability and active dirt-throwing.

If you look at the pictures closely, the MPS is held at a void deck. Though I've never been to one, I understand that opposition MPS are held at void decks. It's obvious that privacy is not an issue about appearing there. Anyone could have walked past and take a photoshot. Privacy is about what transpired between the MP (or acting MP) and the resident. Was it leaked and made public? None that I know of. So, what's the issue?

But to be fair to the skeptic, the pictures do look like being taken deliberately for publicity. But once again, I see no issue here. There's nothing wrong with publicizing work done as long as nothing confidential is leaked. And as Htolas has pointed out, in all probability she or her photographer could have asked for permission first. I don't think that any resident willing to see her at void deck has anything against being photographed with her.

Last edited:

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Thanks, you took the words right out of my mouth. If I may also add that the pictures mainly show the BACKVIEW of the residents ie. their faces aren't even visible.

Honestly, I am not too comfortable with what appears to be an attempt at muckraking here. In another post, the thread starter calls Glenda Han a party gal who rocks her time away while the rest of her colleagues slog at grassroot activities. Now that its been proven she works as hard as anyone else, he discredits her effort by accusing her of trading residents' privacy for publicity. I've seen pictures of other MPS before, and they look largely the same - MPs' faces visible and residents' faces either not visible or barely visible. If there is a problem with this set of photographs, there is a problem with the rest of them too.

Again, I reiterate that there's nothing wrong with expecting politicians and politicians-wannabe to conduct themselves appropriately. But there's a huge difference between asking for accountability and active dirt-throwing.

Maybe TS was rejected before by Glenda? :biggrin:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Agree with Forvendet and Annoyed.

Recently Brocoli bombed GH here regularly. Not with public media news but with facebook stuff or trying to pass old stuff as news. Most likely tried to chase GH but got rejected kind of stalker LOL

But GH better don't LOL. Be careful, you got vengeful stalker! Any WP member here? Better go sound out GH onguard.

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LHL promised that the PAPzis internet brigade would move into cyberspace to claim back the high ground. This muckraking is probably part of that effort. We can expect more, but I believe we have the fortitude for the fight.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

hougang stand-in MP trade residents' privacy for publicity !!!!! Netizens jin tulan!!

But this stalker/IB suspect subject title quite funny! :biggrin:
WP shd just treat as feedback lah.

nonsense

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Recently Brocoli bombed GH here regularly. Not with public media news but with facebook stuff or trying to pass old stuff as news. Most likely tried to chase GH but got rejected kind of stalker LOL

But GH better don't LOL. Be careful, you got vengeful stalker! Any WP member here? Better go sound out GH onguard.

nonsense lah PAP doggy. Fuck your mother CB ok? :oIo::oIo::oIo::biggrin:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

So many maybes and ifs here

Annoyed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Glenda Han's not the only victim. The TS seems to have taken it upon himself to dig out the "sordid secrets" of just about anybody, with his "why I'll never vote for Nicole Seah" and "WP infiltrated by PAP" threads. The second one was especially ludicrous, with the TS suggesting that Giam was a PAP spy because he used to work in the civil service.

Seriously dude, if this counts as your idea of investigative journalism, can I just say that it's NOT working.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

here is my pt by pt rebuttal... low thia kiang style....

Maybe they HAVE got permission.

you assume too much .... chiu are just damn biased...imagine you gotch alot of urgent personal problem, will you give permission?
imagin you telling MP chiur problem but the MPs porlumpars choose to take peekture to promote herslef... how chee bye kia ish that ???

appearing at a public place and your foto to appear online on the poltitician personal propaganda page is another thing.... you obvious dun understand what is privacy
pictures is being taken deliberately for publicity.... go and see her facebook, she post it online 1...

Honestly, I am not too comfortable with what appears to be an attempt at muckraking here.

Again, I reiterate that there's nothing wrong with expecting politicians and politician-wannabes to conduct themselves appropriately.

som pic show the side view...ccan id the person.....

315310_156434757776962_100002313160053_298319_1191212774_n.jpg

definition of muckraking from wiki:After World War I, the term "muckraker" was used to refer in a general sense for a writer who investigates and publishes truthful reports to perform an auditing or watchdog function..
chiu think partying hard and takling peektures of residents, who come to see chiu hoping you will solve their problem, and using those peekture to promote chiurself is appropriate???

Maybe TS was rejected before by Glenda? :biggrin:
no comments

i bomb her twice only ... do i attack sinerce candidates like Yee JJ or Dr Poh ???? but opportunist like nicole seah, Tan Jee say and Glenda are goin to get it 1 time jialat jialat from me ....

But this stalker/IB suspect subject title quite funny! :biggrin:
WP shd just treat as feedback lah.

my exp with giving feedback to nicole seah is that polticians will only take feedback seriously when its up their ass....

Glenda Han's not the only victim. The TS seems to have taken it upon himself to dig out the "sordid secrets" of just about anybody, with his "why I'll never vote for Nicole Seah" and "WP infiltrated by PAP" threads. The second one was especially ludicrous, with the TS suggesting that Giam was a PAP spy because he used to work in the civil service.

Seriously dude, if this counts as your idea of investigative journalism, can I just say that it's NOT working.

Giam and Ngiam Tong Dow share the same surname.... you totally liak bo quee

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bros..please don fall for the trap..SBF members are above this..These so-called netizens are part of the PAP IB who are going on a fault-finding mission..for these unprincipled dogs anything is fair game..Remember how one of the 154th asslicker turned MP, Irene Ng commented on WP seeking publicity to conduct MPS. She got a big shock when netizens started to fark her big time for being so petty..Why now?? Sylvia Lim and even Yaw Shin Leong used to stand-in for Low Thia Kiang at Hougang MPS..If u want to talk about bullshit, what about residents in PAP wards who don't get to see their MPs at MPS becos of PAP Grassroots ballcarriers who arbitrarily decide that your case is not "serious" enough for the MPs attention..Honestly, bros don't fucking pay attention to all these shit-stirring whores who are obviously taking potshots at WP to score mileage with their masters...:oIo:

Annoyed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dude, if you have to do a point-by-point rebuttal, may I first offer you a four-letter word: R-E-A-D.

First, I expressly stated that the pictures "mainly showed the backview of residents"; I never argued that the faces of all residents were completely hidden. Also, I mentioned that many MPS photos were taken pretty much the same way, with the residents' faces either "barely visible" or "not visible". Ergo, there is no need for you to show me a sideshot of a resident to prove that he was identifiable, because that was not the point I was trying to make. Rather, my point was that these photographs are not significantly different from those taken at past MPS, ie. if there isn't a problem with the past pictures, there shouldn't be a problem with the Glenda ones other.

Second, the term "muckraking" can be attributed to former US President Theodore Roosevelt in a speech on April 14, 1906, dedicating the U.S. House of Representatives office building. Then, Roosevelt compared the investigative journalist with the muckraker in John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress: "the man who could look no way but downward with the muck-rake in his hands." The investigative journalists of the day didn't take the term as a compliment, with one of their most prominent, Lincoln Steffens, retorting the day after: "Well, you have put an end to all these journalistic investigations that have made you." Nice try playing with definitions using a very specific time period ie. after World War I, when in fact, the term "muckraking" had existed previously - in a none-too-flattering way. Thankfully, some of us have a better sense of history than that.

Finally, Giam and Ngiam share the same surname. So what? I have known five other Giams in my life, and they aren't related to either of these two.

here is my pt by pt rebuttal... low thia kiang style....

som pic show the side view...ccan id the person.....

definition of muckraking from wiki:After World War I, the term "muckraker" was used to refer in a general sense for a writer who investigates and publishes truthful reports to perform an auditing or watchdog function..

Giam and Ngiam Tong Dow share the same surname.... you totally liak bo quee

I've seen pictures of other MPS before, and they look largely the same - MPs' faces visible and residents' faces either not visible or barely visible. If there is a problem with this set of photographs, there is a problem with the rest of them too.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

Glenda zeh zeh ish srsly annoyed!

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

orbi goot !

kena eff by netizens for her publicity trip..

show that she dun care bout the residents privacy ... care more about her own propaganda.....

300830_147558295338927_100002542727275_231907_553343103_n.jpg

i m actually wondering, is this what PAP IBs are good at?

if this is so, then PAP will find itself losing more seats in the next GE when their own ppl can only come up with lame and un-inventive ways to put others down.