• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hougang GE- Possible Rally Location

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rain or Shine, I'll be there.. I stood in the m&d with thousands of other fellow Sporeans during a rainy wet evening at Ubi last year.. I'm willing to stand again in the m&d next week... C'mon Workers Party..!!!

My dedication to the people of Au Kang: Get up stand up for your right!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7iXcKKpdx0&feature=related

PAP can fool the people sometime but they cannot fool the people all the time!

Don't give up the fight!

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The ED said that each party can only hold rally at 1 venue each night
Does this imply there will be more than 1 rally venue?

I live hougang 30 years. This r two possible venue location

1) Open field in front of Blk 837, bounded by Hougang Ave 4 and Hougang Central
2) Open field bound by Tampines Road and Hougang Ave 7

Another venue is Hougang Stadium but it is just outside the Hougang SMC Boundary

bro, u are right.

Home > News Releases a- | a+

SPF Media Releases
16 May 2012 By-Election For Hougang Constituency - Election Meeting Sites

Election Meetings may be held from 17 May 2012 (Thursday) to 24 May 2012 (Thursday) between 7am and 10pm at the following locations:

Electoral Division List of Election Meeting Sites
Hougang SMC Open field in front of Blk 837, bounded by
Hougang Ave 4 and Hougang Central

Hougang Stadium, 100 Hougang Ave 2

Applications for election meeting sites have to be made one day before the intended day of the election meeting

http://www.spf.gov.sg/mic/2012/120516_byelections2012.htm

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I stood in the m&d with thousands of other fellow Sporeans during a rainy wet evening at Ubi last year.

heheh... me went up the block opposite the field. bought a drink from the mamak-store and went up :p:p:p

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, u are right.

Home > News Releases a- | a+

SPF Media Releases
16 May 2012 By-Election For Hougang Constituency - Election Meeting Sites

Election Meetings may be held from 17 May 2012 (Thursday) to 24 May 2012 (Thursday) between 7am and 10pm at the following locations:

Electoral Division List of Election Meeting Sites
Hougang SMC Open field in front of Blk 837, bounded by
Hougang Ave 4 and Hougang Central

Hougang Stadium, 100 Hougang Ave 2

Applications for election meeting sites have to be made one day before the intended day of the election meeting

http://www.spf.gov.sg/mic/2012/120516_byelections2012.htm

heheh... me went up the block opposite the field. bought a drink from the mamak-store and went up :p:p:p

They holding the rally in front of Blk 837.. Just minutes walk from my block.. Fantastic!!! Huat Ahh!!!!

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They holding the rally in front of Blk 837.. Just minutes walk from my block.. Fantastic!!! Huat Ahh!!!!

Bro, can you organised a party at your block so that sbf bros can watch the rally in comfort?
kum sia ah.....

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, can you organised a party at your block so that sbf bros can watch the rally in comfort?
kum sia ah.....

He..He..He.. What sort of party? :biggrin: big crowd sure expected there.. I want to be the 1st to sit down infront of the stage.. Before that, must eat the famous Mee Rebus in front of Serangoon Shopping Ctr..

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He..He..He.. What sort of party? :biggrin: big crowd sure expected there.. I want to be the 1st to sit down infront of the stage.. Before that, must eat the famous Mee Rebus in front of Serangoon Shopping Ctr..

So if I see the most hamsum one in front of the stage, must be you lah....

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
The legendary Hougang Field. Rain, shine or snow, when its a WP rally, my kakis and I will be there.

pic-581b.jpg

Attachments

• pic-581b.jpg
    pic-581b.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 144

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

u mean the one opposite the USSC in the past at the shophouses?

do u know it shift to the coffeeshop next to the old St Gabriel secondary compound?

btw, late afternoon still have? last time when the old man still around, the stall sold out by 3pm.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u mean the one opposite the USSC in the past at the shophouses?

do u know it shift to the coffeeshop next to the old St Gabriel secondary compound?

btw, late afternoon still have? last time when the old man still around, the stall sold out by 3pm.

Yes.. Rahim Mee Rebus.. The coffeshop besides the mosque..The stall usually would close by 7.30pm.. Tried their satay last week.. One stick for 50 cent.. Quite chunky and tasty too.. They close on alternate Sundays..

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes.. Rahim Mee Rebus.. The coffeshop besides the mosque..The stall usually would close by 7.30pm.. Tried their satay last week.. One stick for 50 cent.. Quite chunky and tasty too.. They close on alternate Sundays..

it almost 20years since i first start makan the food from that stall. run down chinese coffeeshop that had about 10 marble tables, mee rebus cost $1.60 and mee soto was $1.80. by that time standard, they already most expensive than other malay food stall but their servings are much larger and the mee rebus have mutton and satay sauce. instead of shred of chicken, they give whole chicken wing. those days already had towkays in mercedes buy their satay in big bulk on weekday noon.

so you stay 200 series, 300series or 800series flat? too bad i move liao, but my mum already said, she only recognise the party not the candidate, so what no LUP. will vote the party she like irregardless of any carrots dangling.

maybe go down now for some soto.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it almost 20years since i first start makan the food from that stall. run down chinese coffeeshop that had about 10 marble tables, mee rebus cost $1.60 and mee soto was $1.80. by that time standard, they already most expensive than other malay food stall but their servings are much larger and the mee rebus have mutton and satay sauce. instead of shred of chicken, they give whole chicken wing. those days already had towkays in mercedes buy their satay in big bulk on weekday noon.

so you stay 200 series, 300series or 800series flat? too bad i move liao, but my mum already said, she only recognise the party not the candidate, so what no LUP. will vote the party she like irregardless of any carrots dangling.

maybe go down now for some soto.

I stayin at 800 series.. Just moved in there last July.. Bought a resale..

Bro btw, the mee rebus there cost $3 for the normal one.. $3.50 for the special one where they'll add chicken wing and satay gravy on it.. They very generous with the portion.. I tried the chicken soto the other day.. Also very tasty.. I'm surprised that my Malay colleagues didn't hear of this stall until I told them recently.. Even they agreed that this Rahim mee Rebus stall is the best in Spore..

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zeddy said:

Could you borrow the Phase One from Leong Sam and give us some good pictures?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I stayin at 800 series.. Just moved in there last July.. Bought a resale..

Bro btw, the mee rebus there cost $3 for the normal one.. $3.50 for the special one where they'll add chicken wing and satay gravy on it.. They very generous with the portion.. I tried the chicken soto the other day.. Also very tasty.. I'm surprised that my Malay colleagues didn't hear of this stall until I told them recently.. Even they agreed that this Rahim mee Rebus stall is the best in Spore..

haha.. i moved in 2005 but i retain the old address till 2006. so i voted for Mr Low in 2006 and went to YCK stadium for the result. i doubt they will let WP use the HG stadium this time for the result, maybe serangoon stadium instead while pap use the hougang stadium.

in the past, the malay stall inside small a chinese coffeeshop, those days malays dont eat because the stall prices more expensive as other malay stalls then only charge $1.20. then the coffeeshop was demolished to build the viaduct and i dunno when they went until i happen to eat ah seng teochew porridge at kovan centre one afternoon that i notice the malay stall owner look familiar. Apparently his stall was listed inside seetoh makansutra so bring in more chinese customers. they only just shifted to current location few months ago when the shopping centre was demolished. at least now more malays as now operate beside the mosque.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zeddy said:
You not attending the upcoming rally?

The last time I attended a rally was decades ago. Cannot stand the crowd. Find it easier to view it in front of a good size screen. Also don't expect me to be a speaker.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eat the mee rebus after 81 session?

bedouin

Alfrescian
Loyal
The ED comes up with the list of rally sites, but who gets which site on which night is on a first-come-first-served basis. Didn't you see the news today, that's why LTK was saying that their people were already queuing at Cantonment police HQ.