• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HOTA harvesting organs despite family pleading, Police were called

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The CK Tang chairman was charged for not going through HOTAS, so.......

That is the normal route the rich take. Tang Wee Sung's mistake was that he was caught. Most of them avoid detection. The best source is from Indonesia where the poor are willing to give up a kidney.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HOTAS reap profits by selling those organs, you think they do it for free??

lianbeng agrees with u: HOTA is a profit reaping initiative! :biggrin: 1 kilo of human organ how much? different organ different price hor! simi organ?

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is the normal route the rich take. Tang Wee Sung's mistake was that he was caught. Most of them avoid detection. The best source is from Indonesia where the poor are willing to give up a kidney.

Key Changes Under the Human Organ Transplant (Amendment) Act 2004
(1) Inclusion of deaths resulting from non-accidental causes.
(2) Inclusion of livers, hearts and corneas in cadaveric organ donations.
(3) Regulation of living donor organ transplants.

Key Changes Under the Human Organ Transplant (Amendment) Act 2008
(1) Inclusion of Muslims.
(2) Provision of enforcement powers to give MOH the authority to investigate offences under HOTA.

Key Changes Under the Human Organ Transplant (Amendment) Act 2009
(1) Removal of the 60-year upper age limit on cadaveric organ donors.
(2) Allowing donor-recipient paired matching. Put simply, this is a system whereby recipients who have medically incompatible donors exchange their donors so that each recipient receives a suitable organ. The exchange can be carried out across two or more donor-recipient pairs.
(3) Reimbursement of living donors in accordance with international and local ethical practices.
(4) Increased penalties for organ trading syndicates and middlemen.
________________________________________________________________________________

It was only after Tan Wee Sung case that MOH decides to take actions against organs trading, furthermore it was not between 2 Singaporeans, why so kpo?. Why they wanna make it illegal and every transplant has to go through MOH?

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
all the good intentions
all the goodwill
all the compassion
all the love
all fall short
once the parents' grief is not properly addressed...

i feel sad, very very sad, after reading the report....

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is the most oppressive change done to HOTA, in my honest opinion.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you have any evidence that greed is involved here? Unless organs are being harvested for a privileged few and the medical fraternity is enriching themselves in the process, HOTAS is an excellent policy as it enables the dead to benefit those who are still living.

If you have any evidence of the abuse of HOTAS, you are welcome to present your case.

In general and common appearance, HOTA seems workout for ordinary/ common people.
The catch is that whether States/ Gov. paid for the poor if they cannot afford the transplant costs?
For example, a liver was available for a man who queued first in HOTA, but then he cannot afford the transplant bill... Then how!
Most likely this lever will reach to the person, who can pay the costs (doctors, hospitals, ethic committees, legally, etc).

Is there any proof or case of Gov. paid the cost for HOTA recipients?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Grief prevents people from making rational decisions.

Indeed. The only rational decision is opting out of HOTA.

Have you opted out already? I did.

hota-opt-out.JPG

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

This is the most oppressive change done to HOTA, in my honest opinion.

i totally agree with you on this removal of the age limit
most recipients are young, productive, have dependents... and have many more good and hopefully productive years...
but suddenly this removal of age limit ....

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
in the previous case which touched me
the parents pleaded
the elderly mother knelt and pleaded with the doctors
police were called in
a big big commotion
in the end
the harvest proceeded with cold blooded precision
we had a very bitter and prolonged discussion on this

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In general and common appearance, HOTA seems workout for ordinary/ common people.
The catch is that whether States/ Gov. paid for the poor if they cannot afford the transplant costs?
For example, a liver was available for a man who queued first in HOTA, but then he cannot afford the transplant bill... Then how!
Most likely this lever will reach to the person, who can pay the costs (doctors, hospitals, ethic committees, legally, etc).

Is there any proof or case of Gov. paid the cost for HOTA recipients?

Your organs are worth a lot of money on the black market.

The HOTA organ robbery is as obnoxious as the Land Acquisition Act which allows the government to seize land for as low as $1.

The same 'pennies to the dollar' principle applies.
If they want organs, they should purchase them, and with prior consent.

Poor people in need are queueing up for organs while lovely people such as Mugabe and Arab Sheikhs fly in for speedy transplants. That's also known as 'medical tourism'.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Similar case happened many years ago in S'pore... may be, 5-6 years!
Coma patient was rush in to OT for harvesting, while the family members requested few more days.
Big scene occurred, and police stepped.

Some doubted particular organ was identified matched for someone rich and important, thus harvested ASAP once declared brain dead.

Some people shared on line that if some hands involved in causing the coma...
But how to prove it?
It remained gossip...

Swenson Tan, 22, lapsed into a coma three weeks ago after being hit by a van. He was declared brain dead by doctors at Changi General Hospital (CGH) on Friday (Mar 8), but his traumatised parents refused to accept the outcome.

The full-time national serviceman, who had studied Mechanical Engineering at Ngee Ann Polytechnic, was riding a motorcycle near Hougang Ave 7 when he collided with a van. He suffered serious head injuries and underwent a six-hour operation.

His mother, Madam Lisa Mah, 54, could be heard yelling at hospital staff for wanting to take him away and wailing for him to wake up. Mr Tan's parents had also earlier made a police report against CGH to keep him alive.

More than 30 friends and family members rallied around Mr Tan in and near his ward on Sunday night, moments before his body was wheeled into the operating theatre by nurses for his organs to be harvested.

Professor Teo Eng Kiong, chairman of the medical board at CGH, said that time is crucial in the harvesting of usable organs.

“Organs are usually recovered within 24 hours after the certification of brain death... After the procedure, the body is suitably prepared to be returned to the family, for them to conduct their own funeral rites,” he said.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
............................“Organs are usually recovered within 24 hours after the certification of brain death... After the procedure, the body is suitably prepared to be returned to the family, for them to conduct their own funeral rites,” he said.

Don;t know what the legal issues surrounding this case,if the owner of the body and or parts did not make a written statement, then the right to that decision lies with the next of kin. Apparently the authorities acted against this.

Cheers!

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I have a kidney transplant in other countries without informing MOH, will I be charge? Anyone know?

Last edited:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your organs are worth a lot of money on the black market.

The HOTA organ robbery is as obnoxious as the Land Acquisition Act which allows the government to seize land for as low as $1.

The same 'pennies to the dollar' principle applies.
If they want organs, they should purchase them, and with prior consent.

Poor people in need are queueing up for organs while lovely people such as Mugabe and Arab Sheikhs fly in for speedy transplants. That's also known as 'medical tourism'.

Exactly...
I even asked hospital staff involved with HOTA affair about the fairness and compensation scheme for donor family.

I also shared in facebook that there should have some form of benefits for donors/ remaining family.
Also, since recipients and hospital/ doctors reap lots of profit through this free organs, will there any free transplant be given to poor recipients.

But after all, those transplants are really for rich, famous and VIPs because those groups contribute GDP a lot???
Such a sick...

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
a society that lacks compassion is a dead society
no matter how good and how refined
no matter what justifications are put forward
and no matter how many lives can be saved

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
in the previous case which touched me
the parents pleaded
the elderly mother knelt and pleaded with the doctors
police were called in
a big big commotion
in the end
the harvest proceeded with cold blooded precision
we had a very bitter and prolonged discussion on this

The man is Mr Ang. Uncle Yap interviewed his relations after the whole HOTA saga. He was a taxi driver. He had a minor stroke, but no CT scan was done on him. He presumably recovered from it in hospital and then suffered a massive stroke one week later (hereafter). Since then, all hospital will wheel anyone who complain of stroke symptoms for CT scan. There was no CT scan done on Mr Ang when he checked in. Not sure what diagnosis the hospital given on him. Something fishy going on here, I think.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If I have a kidney transplant in other countries without informing MOH, will I be charge? Anyone know?

I know of many people who have gone to China and India. I think they are not charged. They paid quite heavily for it.

Some are successful.Some are failures. It's a gamble like all transplant. But they do have a new lease of life....:smile:

At least they don't make use of HOTA to have their organs and to ignore the pleads and grief of parents....very sad.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a colleague who benefitted from HOTAS. He was hardly in the privileged class. He was an accountant who needed a kidney transplant. He was in his mid 30s and he benefitted from the death of a 19 year old who died in a traffic accident.

They took into account his age and the fact that there was a tissue match. They never asked who he voted for.

Oh ..NO ..NO

Then your frd who received the organs now must be sinikiefied and daft upon having the organs transplanted into him! LOL

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
a society that lacks compassion is a dead society
no matter how good and how refined
no matter what justifications are put forward
and no matter how many lives can be saved

I wonder $8 Khaw if he needed a heart transplant would be able to receive from a donor, particularly from a Sinkie peasant ,who had to pay more han $8 for his medical care thru out his life.

But due to the inability to pay more the peasant had his life shorten and his organs HOTAed ( past tense of HOTA) to $8 Khaw!