• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Horizon Hills community.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fear Nusajaya will end up like SG at the rate prices keep escalating. Good for those who came in early, bad for those queuing at the gates. Already I have been informed of unhappiness by locals on the way prices are being driven skyward due to property speculators/flippers (not only from SG but around the region).

Also, I take all news articles published with a pinch of salt. If I am wary of news from SG newspapers being propaganda-driven, likewise here in MY :smile:

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
I fear Nusajaya will end up like SG at the rate prices keep escalating. Good for those who came in early, bad for those queuing at the gates. Already I have been informed of unhappiness by locals on the way prices are being driven skyward due to property speculators/flippers (not only from SG but around the region).

Also, I take all news articles published with a pinch of salt. If I am wary of news from SG newspapers being propaganda-driven, likewise here in MY :smile:

Last week I was having a leisurely breakfast at the Mac opposite Jusco at 8am on a weekday when I overheard a group of supposedly Malaysians ( but working in Spore ) and their conversations revolves around how houses in Bukit Indah increase from RM 100k - RM 500k within 5-10 years and that Sporeans are their MAIN cause of problems and headache. One of them suggested banning Singaporeans from buying any houses at all.

I finished my burger and cabut.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are wrong.. majority of buyers are SPRs.. if singaporeans are banned, SPRs will not invest too..

Last week I was having a leisurely breakfast at the Mac opposite Jusco at 8am on a weekday when I overheard a group of supposedly Malaysians ( but working in Spore ) and their conversations revolves around how houses in Bukit Indah increase from RM 100k - RM 500k within 5-10 years and that Sporeans are their MAIN cause of problems and headache. One of them suggested

banning Singaporeans from buying any houses at all.

I finished my burger and cabut.

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats quite true. I remembered Sporeans are banned from buying properties below RM 250k. So the prices of RM 100+k properties should not go up to RM 500k unless someone other than Sporeans are playing up the market.

One thing I know for sure is this: The Singapore dollar drives up the JB property values. Be it Singaporeans or Malaysia SPR or pure foreigners, anyone earning Sing dollars are part of the cause of the boom

they are wrong.. majority of buyers are SPRs.. if singaporeans are banned, SPRs will not invest too..

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
recently i've been staying at my msian kaki place in HH which he bought at rm$1.2m late last year...he told me a a few agent has offer him rm$1.4m now...very spacious and breezy no need to turn on the air con or fan at all,security also very good.
from what i see those of you who has bought houses in HH,NI n bukit indah area..congrats on making the right choice..i see a gold mine in that area,huge potential..die die you people must hold on to your property!
here is some pics that i took from my bedroom overlooking the golf course that he has kindly reserve for me to stay anytime i wanted to.

2012-08-22120810.jpg

2012-08-22121358.jpg

2012-08-22120711.jpg

the newly open highway can be seen
2012-08-22120557.jpg

a neighbour house a few houses away very nicely design..
2012-08-22120108.jpg

2012-08-22121549.jpg

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Woooo so nice of your friend to let you stay. Thanks for the pics; gives a nice insider experience. Wish someone could do the same for EL too :wink:

---------------thank you for your self edit MC.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah the majority of the buyers in Iskandar has got to be Malaysian SPRs, because most of the developments has a foreign quotas of below 50%; for landed if I am not wrong, most of them is 20%. I only know that HH is one that has no foreign quotas, so the story is different here.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah the majority of the buyers in Iskandar has got to be Malaysian SPRs, because most of the developments has a foreign quotas of below 50%; for landed if I am not wrong, most of them is 20%. I only know that HH is one that has no foreign quotas, so the story is different here.

If a property is priced >RM500k and is not designated a bumi lot, foreigner or Msian also can buy right? That is my understanding. Only reason why developers would say foreign quota finish is because remaining properties are either bumi lots or <500k?

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
No property bubble in Malaysia, says Sunway

http://www.propertyguru.com.my/property-news/2012/8/5729/No%20property%20bubble%20in%20Malaysia,%20says%20Sunway

Despite the many issues plaguing Malaysia’s property industry, the sector is stable and is not heading towards a property bubble, according to Tan Sri Jeffrey Cheah (pictured), Chairman of Asian Strategy & Leadership Institute and Sunway Bhd.

“As a developer I’m convinced as of now that we shall not be experiencing any such property bubble, as our property prices are still affordable compared with some of our neighbouring cities in the region,” said Cheah at the 15th National Housing and Property Summit.

As proof, he cited Bank Negara Malaysia’s gross domestic product (GDP) data for Q2 2012, which showed a 5.4 percent year-on-year growth, indicating that private consumption remained stable despite external challenges. At the same time, the construction industry, which includes civil infrastructure and housing, surged 22 percent.

Cheah also explained that home prices are not driven up by the rise in property purchase among foreigners, since transactions by expatriates had historically hovered at three percent compared with 20 percent in Singapore.

Moreover, 54 percent of their total residential transactions last year were below the RM150,000 level.

Moreover, he pointed out that one of the challenges faced by the construction sector is the lack of skilled workers, which leads to project interruptions. To tackle this problem, the Construction Industry Development Board should continue to talk with non-governmental organisations and industry players.

Aside from that, he urges the government not to implement any “drastic measures” to cool the real estate market because this “can kill market sentiment and slow supply of housing further.”

This article says foreigner purchasing Malaysia property is low, compared to Singapore.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
If a property is priced >RM500k and is not designated a bumi lot, foreigner or Msian also can buy right? That is my understanding. Only reason why developers would say foreign quota finish is because remaining properties are either bumi lots or <500k?

No this is not the case, foreign quotas is very real in Malaysia; I have seen developers unable to sell international lots semi-Ds priced at above 800k in the past to Singaporeans because their foreign quotas limit has been reached.

I would believe this foreign quotas limit together with the 500k minimum purchase by foreigners is introduced by the Malaysia govt to protect the interest of its own citizens to allow them more opportunity than foreigners to gain from property investment in Malaysia.

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
recently i've been staying at my msian kaki place in HH which he bought at rm$1.2m late last year...he told me a a few agent has offer him rm$1.4m now...very spacious and breezy no need to turn on the air con or fan at all...
here is some pics that i took from my bedroom overlooking the golf course that he has kindly reserve for me to stay anytime i wanted to.

wow , very nice ecclssiates. lucky you. I am sure you will visit him during Iskandar Open. Hope no balls wake you up through the window! :smile:

But I went "wtf" about the neighbour. Like putting a Proton body on a BMW.

I will vouch for the windiness. Did my VP and while was a hot day out there, it was cool in house because of the constant breeze . .

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Woooo so nice of your friend to let you stay. Thanks for the pics; gives a nice insider experience. Wish someone could do the same for EL too :wink:

-------------------edited

Bros, let's keep the content of developments in their separate respective folders. There are already respective photos in each development folder. Peace to all.
Wuqi

Last edited by a moderator:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
-------------------edited

Bros, let's keep the content of developments in their separate respective folders. There are already respective photos in each development folder. Peace to all.
Wuqi

Hi Wuqi,

Sorry if someone here from HH felt offended and reported my post. I was just replying to Mingchye as he wished that someone would also share EL's pics. Even though he requested it here in this thread, I still posted the pics in EL thread and provided the link to him here. Please read Mingchye's post :smile: Peace.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

Sorry if someone here from HH felt offended and reported my post. I was just replying to Mingchye as he wished that someone would also share EL's pics. Even though he requested it here in this thread, I still posted the pics in EL thread and provided the link to him here. Please read Mingchye's post :smile: Peace.

Peace, there should be some separation done, the links also show the picture. I disagree with the infraction but MC is in the other thread as well, why would you need to do both. There should be some decorum shown else might as well do away with all the separate threads right?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Wuqi,

I'm totally cool with you bro. I also disagree with Newbie2012's report on my post saying that I 'advertise EL in HH thread, unethical'. On the same day I replied Mingchye here by 'Reply with Quote', I also posted in EL thread with a link to this page showing HH pics(see quote below). Why didn't Newbie2012 report that post(shown below) and say that I'm advertising HH in EL thread?

Does anyone know why all our pics here are so small and we must click on the pics to see a larger version?
How did ecclesiastes the teacher post all the big pics at HH thread http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?125228-Horizon-Hills-community&p=1192982#post1192982

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

I'm totally cool with you bro. I also disagree with Newbie2012's report on my post saying that I 'advertise EL in HH thread, unethical'. On the same day I replied Mingchye here by 'Reply with Quote', I also posted in EL thread with a link to this page showing HH pics(see quote below). Why didn't Newbie2012 report that post(shown below) and say that I'm advertising HH in EL thread?

Agree, thats why i don't agree with it, it doesn't justify an infraction and i think its just you trying to be helpful.
I think so far i have only ever infracted those who spam endlessly and never much about anything else so i was
quite surprised to see that. Peace out.

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Investor and Wuqi,

I apologise for any bad feelings caused by me. As I always said I am always brunt on matters that I personally don't see eye to eye with but I don't meant to target anyone in particular or take it out personally on anyone.

I was giving the infraction reporting feature my first try as the opportunity presented itself here when I thought that it is not so right for Investor to post a link to EL on HH thread. Though he was just being helpful but he as a EL owner himself, has to exercise some caution here as his helpful action might disturb other HH owners. I also feel that MC should have asked for what he wants of EL thread in the EL thread instead.

About Investor posting a link to HH in EL thread, I personally don't see it as his intention to promote HH; I see him trying to do a better promotion of EL with bigger pictures within EL thread by learning from HH thread. You can't say Samsung Engineers are promoting Apple IPhone when they bought a IPhone to fiddle around with it's features to create similar features in Samsung Android Phones.:wink:

Let me be the bad guy and Investor be my sacrificial lamb ( sorry abt this, Investor ) to try to maintain some decorum (agree with Wuqi's point on this) in the individual property threads if not others might just follows and start posting links to their own property thread in other property threads.

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone visited sales office to check out waterfall launches? Please do share... Really too busy to drop by sales office nowadays

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone visited sales office to check out waterfall launches? Please do share... Really too busy to drop by sales office nowadays

Its a smaller development compared to The Greens. Only one row of link houses with the rest clusters. Pricing not out yet, can pre register now and give 30k cheque. When pricing out, expected by end Sept, you can choose to go ahead with booking or take back cheque if you dont like the pricing. As each lot already has people indicating interest they have first right of refusal. At the time my fren and i were there this morning, sales says if we book we are 2nd or 3rd in line for refusal. My fren interested in their 35x80 cluster.