• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Home theater

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what this thread proves is that sinkies are not suffering and sg is not crumbling, even more so for sbf forumers who can afford to luxuriate in the comfort of a home theater. :rolleyes:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
garlic said:
wah bro insignia, you have fine tastes.. my budget not that high lah.. canton, mirage, infinity all with pretty good specs. Bose price also very high.. but dont know worth it?

Bose makes use of reflection to provide the complete sound. If you know exactly the specs of the walls and floor used in their design assumption and will not spare the expense to replicate that, it is a suitable choice. Most hifi reviews don't view these speakers favorably. On the other hand, if you like a big sound and wouldn't care for high fidelity, Bose could be right for you.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks guys for all the recommendations. Will go hear the speakers at delfi this weekend, will report back on monday what i saw and my eventual decision. Budget is max 7k for speakers + av receiver + flat panel tv. All must fit inside TV console and not take space on living room floor. Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer AV receivers (head spin).... :smile:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what this thread proves is that sinkies are not suffering and sg is not crumbling, even more so for sbf forumers who can afford to luxuriate in the comfort of a home theater. :rolleyes:

Good to see sbf forummers indulge in abit of luxury, no?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good to see sbf forummers indulge in abit of luxury, no?

i suppose you're new here. it's ok to enjoy luxury and be upfront about it. nothing wrong to discuss luxury cars and gourmet dining too. it shows we are wealthy and honest to brag about it. the folks i detest most on sbf are hypocrites who whine incessantly on every thread about the sorry state of sg and how life is so miserable in sg. yet they are not shy to brag about their cars, dining habits, ktv exploits in geylang, sex with multiple partners (some including others' wives), expensive bikes, their newest iphones, ipads, laptops and latest games running on their spanking new $4k machines. these are the same folks, mind you, who would like to take your money to fund bad habits and addictions of the poor. but when it comes to their money to help the poor, they shriek and dodge like freaked out aunties meeting their ah long's in the wet market.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eatshitndie said:
i suppose you're new here. it's ok to enjoy luxury and be upfront about it. nothing wrong to discuss luxury cars and gourmet dining too. it shows we are wealthy and honest to brag about it. the folks i detest .

Hi Eatshit,

If you wish to discuss politics, please go to the political section. There will be many who will enjoy engaging you there.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hee, good to hear you are wealthy. Me not, my 7k budget planning to get so many stuffs. Some ppl buy one center speaker already 5k liao... and speaker cables cost near to 1k. I drive humble jap car, eat at hawker centers and thats probably why i have no multiple sex partners :(

There will always be braggers as well as whiners... both have no bearings (esp virtual beings) on how i chose to live my life.... You sound like a dude who has seen many types of ppl in your lifetime, congrats on that as it makes you wiser for sure.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
garlic said:
Thanks guys for all the recommendations. Will go hear the speakers at delfi this weekend, will report back on monday what i saw and my eventual decision. Budget is max 7k for speakers + av receiver + flat panel tv. All must fit inside TV console and not take space on living room floor. Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha, Pioneer AV receivers (head spin).... :smile:

How many speakers are you going for?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Eatshit,

If you wish to discuss politics, please go to the political section. There will be many who will enjoy engaging you there.

at one time in cyberspace many lights years and galaxies away, i was undisputed king of oppo political drivel and the sole massive thorn and pain in the obsoleted ypap forum. they threw their best at me, including scholars and scholar wannabes, but they all nursed their wounds in defeat. they had to shut the old forum down out of embarassment. one thing i learned. there's no difference between the rabid pappie jackals there and the rabid oppo hyenas here. they are bred from the same ugly bitch. bark bark bark but no bite. only a few in the pappie hierarchy have bite. i will be there and give all oppos a lasting arse ream, similar to that i gave to pappies. it's only fair. :biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
garlic said:
5.1 lor.. pigeonhole no need 7.1 imo... or am i wrong?

Quite fair. Sometimes you don't know where to place the extra two or four (in a 9.1 configuration) extra speakers.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
bose is shit indeed, all advertisement no substance.

what are your recommended speakers ? I like wilson audio, vienna acoustic and JM lab.

My set up now is

1. Accuphase Amp E210
2. Energy XL 250 speakers
3. Rel Storm sub woofer.
4. Onkyo CD player.

An average system but I like the sound. The weakest link is the CD player but I've never upgraded as I have no idea how much longer CDs are going to last.

I thought of going back to vinyl but only weird shit is released on that format.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes KEF speakers with Uni-Q drivers would be a good choice providing phase synchronised response across the spectrum.

bro...............KEF has not been competitive at all in the last 15 years...............

KEF is considered a has-been brand now................almost dropping to JUNK status liao............

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bose makes use of reflection to provide the complete sound. If you know exactly the specs of the walls and floor used in their design assumption and will not spare the expense to replicate that, it is a suitable choice. Most hifi reviews don't view these speakers favorably. On the other hand, if you like a big sound and wouldn't care for high fidelity, Bose could be right for you.

bro...............Bose is glorified mini-hifi................PURE JUNK.............

the most JUNK audiophile hifi brands like Mission is already WAAAAY ahead...............

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

so minus LED tv........................what's the budget ?

for AV receivers...............Denon and Onkyo................though Pioneer receiver is very good for music

me005

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro...............KEF has not been competitive at all in the last 15 years...............

KEF is considered a has-been brand now................almost dropping to JUNK status liao............

I am still using KEF speakers, they are still better than many speakers.

me005

Alfrescian
Loyal
so minus LED tv........................what's the budget ?

for AV receivers...............Denon and Onkyo................though Pioneer receiver is very good for music

I agree. Pioneer has caught up with the rest. for the same budget, i went testing, pioneer is better than the rest. my whole hi-fi budget is SGD 10k for 7.1 system.