• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Home theater

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi, looking for speakers, wanna ask what home theater speakers bros here using. Personally prefer satellite speakers which do not take up much space and looks sleek.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm using Canton Movie speakers 125 MX..

The speakers are small, the sound quality surprisingly very good with good booming bass and clear treble..

No regrets at all for me when I bought it 2nd hand from another audio enthusiast few months back..

There other good brands which produced satellite speakers.. You can check out brands like KEF and Mission..

insignia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Go for Bang & Olufsen if you can afford the high price.

Absolute premium design and sound quality; if you are an audiophile and someone who cares about aesthetics, you can't go wrong with B&O

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah bro insignia, you have fine tastes.. my budget not that high lah.. canton, mirage, infinity all with pretty good specs. Bose price also very high.. but dont know worth it?

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Absolute premium design and sound quality; if you are an audiophile and someone who cares about aesthetics, you can't go wrong with B&O

obviously you know NOTHING about audiophile products...................

B&O looks good........................sounds very very ordinary...................

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi, looking for speakers, wanna ask what home theater speakers bros here using. Personally prefer satellite speakers which do not take up much space and looks sleek.

what kind of budget you looking at ?

you using this to listen to music also ?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
B & O i never tried before, the price tag scare me off already. This U.S. brand www.orbaudio.com.sg looks sleek.. , comes with good reviews too. Anyone used before? I remember cambridge soundworks partnered or was bought by creative, this brand still around? They sounded good when i bought them for pc gaming when playing quake 3 donkey years ago. :smile:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what kind of budget you looking at ?

you using this to listen to music also ?

I more of movies person not so much music. Actually, the only time i listen to music is when in car or when in front of pc..

Aiyah, BRO GIMD.. why so harsh on Insignia? To some, speakers must look good to complement with furnishings while to others, sound quality most impt. You sound like an audiophile, mind sharing what equipment you using?

Last edited:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
obviously you know NOTHING about audiophile products...................

B&O looks good........................sounds very very ordinary...................

Onkyo TX-NR609

Onkyo_TX_NR609_0.jpg

You're right, B & O introduced sleek looking TV and audio systems way back in the 90's.

Bought two units of their TVs and sound system from their outlet at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in 1993.

Am now using Onkyo amplifier & American speakers and 55" & 60" Samsung 3D smart TVs..

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I more of movies person not so much music. Actually, the only time i listen to music is when in car or when in front of pc..

Aiyah, BRO GIMD.. why so harsh on Insignia? To some, speakers must look good to complement with furnishings while to others, sound quality most impt. You sound like an audiophile, mind sharing what equipment you using?

i was harsh on Insignia becoz that goon knows nothing about hifi and claim B&O is the best..............

B&O is glorified junk...................

anyway, i'm into music not AV..................but i do know junk brands from good ones............

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Onkyo TX-NR609

Onkyo_TX_NR609_0.jpg

You're right, B & O introduced sleek looking TV and audio systems way back in the 90's.

Bought two units of their TVs and sound system from their outlet at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in 1993.

Am now using Onkyo amplifier & American speakers and 55" & 60" Samsung 3D smart TVs..

Onkyo is one of the better Jap brands..............

i think B&O now surviving on car hifi now..................home hifi dying liao................

me005

Alfrescian
Loyal

expensive does not always mean quality. especially if you are buying the lower or middle range of an expensive brand.

also for hi fi, choose something that you like listening to, and not base on review.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the bass is booming, it can't be good.

what boss sam using then? For me, tower speakers are no-go. Nowadays, living room too small, makes no sense to put tower speakers to occupy space. Mounting satellites only.. of course there would be trade-offs for weaker mid range, but for watching movies i guess should be all right?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
what boss sam using then? For me, tower speakers are no-go. Nowadays, living room too small, makes no sense to put tower speakers to occupy space. Mounting satellites only.. of course there would be trade-offs for weaker mid range, but for watching movies i guess should be all right?

I have a 20 year old Rel Storm. Bass shouldn't boom. It should be rich and subtle.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

those 2 brands i recommend you have the best midrange-bass integration with the subwoofer................

but since you are movie-oriented................not so bad lah.....................

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
waaaah....................REL Storm ah....................got some standard ah....................

I remember in those "old" days you could only find quality Hi Fi gear from the UK & US.

Unlike today where you have plenty of cheaper Hi Fi gear from China, Korea, etc.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
zeddy said:
There other good brands which produced satellite speakers.. You can check out brands like KEF and Mission..

Yes KEF speakers with Uni-Q drivers would be a good choice providing phase synchronised response across the spectrum.