• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Holland V residents complain ang mor FT turns house into a noisy diner lounge

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Naked sushi' club founder's late and loud parties irk neighbours

The New Paper
Thursday, Jan 05, 2012

A NEW Year's Eve party in the Holland Village neighbourhood caused such a stir that police had to be called in at two in the morning.

It was the sixth time in the past 10 months that Dr Denisa Kera's next-door neighbour, Mr Ivan Loh and his wife, called in the police.

They said the noise was too much to bear.

They are not the only ones who are complaining. At least two other neighbours said they were unhappy over the noise.

According to Mr Loh, Dr Kera's parties - which often last into the wee hours of the morning - caused such a ruckus that his family, which includes his 10-month-old daughter, has trouble sleeping.

But her parties are only part of the problem.

"Even when she plays music or has one or two friends over, we can hear everything from our home.

"That's fine, except that when it goes past 10 or 11 in the nightand we can't sleep," said an exasperated Mr Loh, 41, a photographer.

Dr Kera, 36, who is from Prague, is teaching at the National University of Singapore as an assistant professor at the school's Department of Communications and New Media.

She and co-founder of the Secret Cooks Club, Frenchman Florian Cornu, 26, made headlines last year when they organised a dinner where diners ate sushi off a naked woman.

Secret Cooks Club, which meets once a month with about 20 guests each time, is part of a growing trend which hit the local dining scene over the past couple of years.

The club invites members of the public to sign up and collects donations for the dinners, which have different themes and locations.

Last May's dinner, attended by six professionals who did not know each other, was inspired by Nyotaimori, the Japanese practice of serving sashimi or sushi on the body of a woman, typically naked.

A previous report said that the dinner took place at a private home in Holland Village.

Dr Kera, who lives in Jalan Kuning in Chip Bee Gardens, declined to confirm this yesterday, saying that the club's activities and the dispute with her neighbours were two separate issues.

But she acknowledged that two of the club's dinners were held at her home, a state-owned inter-terrace house managed by landlord JTC Corporation (JTC).

Mr Loh, who has lived in his home for the past seven years and is currently renting it for $3,900 a month, said that problems began in February or March last year.

"It's always been a rather quiet neighbourhood and that's one of the reasons we like living here.

The noise spoils that.

"There were times (when) we heard glass being broken and men railing away outside her home at 6am."

Dining club

He got angrier after finding out that she was running the dining club.

"She was already intruding into our lifestyle and on top of that, she is running what, to me, resembles running a business, " he said.

He added that the frequent loud chatter and music played from Dr Kera's home prompted him to confront her on two to three occasions, but an agreement could not be reached.

"When my wife went over to ask her to lower her music volume, she said we must be lunatics.

"We had an exchange of words, which ended up with both parties not being very happy. Subsequently, I decided to call the police," he said.

Dr Kera looked distressed when asked for her side of the story.

She said: "I did apologise, but I feel that she (Mr Loh's wife) has become more and more intolerant because I have a different lifestyle, and the dispute has escalated."

She added: "I respect it when her baby cries at 11pm.

"(But) how am I supposed to make peace with them when they come over here screaming and threatening that they will do all they can to get me kicked out?"

Dr Kera's other neighbours said that it is understandable for parties to last late into the night if it is a festive occasion, such as New Year's Eve or Chinese New Year.

The problem is that the parties are sometimes held on week nights, said human resources manager Roman Matla, who lives in a terrace home directly opposite Dr Kera.

"I think she has every right to hold parties in her home. In fact, we often hold parties in ours - but when we do, we tell our neighbours about it and invite them to come," he said with a chuckle.

"It starts getting difficult when the party is on a Tuesday night on a random week and lasts till about 3.30am and guests sit outside the house, talking and laughing.

"I would be all right with it if after about 10 at night, they took everything inside the house and closed the windows," said the father of two children.

Another neighbour, who wanted to be known only as Mr Ng and lives two houses away from Dr Kera, added: "My wife and two daughters wake me up when they cannot take it. We try to endure it till after 10 or 11 at night, before SMSing JTC."

Dr Kera declined to elaborate, mentioning that she will be meeting JTC today to try to see what she can do to settle the dispute.

Mr Loh said he plans to seek further help from his MP to solve the problem. [RT: Hosay liao lah Mr Loh, your MP Vivian Bala prohibits table top dancing!]

This article was first published in The New Paper.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the kind of 3rd class rubbish that we bring into NUS to teach and groom our next generation. Who the fuck hired her. From Prague of all places. I went the when it first opened it doors and I have gone back recently. Its more than a couple notches below Malaysia.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
"(But) how am I supposed to make peace with them when they come over here screaming and threatening that they will do all they can to get me kicked out?"

Haha stupid poor ugly local chinks who can't afford the place (READ: RENT) trying to be barbaric as usual and behaving as though they own a piece of it.

lunatics indeed!

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
These losers should thank the foreign talent for livening up the otherwise boring and quiet place.

I would love to join one of her parties myself hahaha.

They are exaggerating the noise level which is pretty obvious.

Received_by_Kings

Alfrescian
Loyal
These angry chinks and chink otakus are crying over Western culture other than being ugly and useless failures in life.

They are meant to be ignored and mocked that's what I always do.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the kind of 3rd class rubbish that we bring into NUS to teach and groom our next generation. Who the fuck hired her. From Prague of all places. I went the when it first opened it doors and I have gone back recently. Its more than a couple notches below Malaysia.

Wah, (coloured and highlighted phase) so powerful English I don't understand - may be someone from Malaysia can. What "notches"? Corruption?

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These losers should thank the foreign talent for livening up the otherwise boring and quiet place.

I would love to join one of her parties myself hahaha.

They are exaggerating the noise level which is pretty obvious.

We know you would love to join her parties, but too bad you are not on her Guest Invitation list..:biggrin:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the kind of 3rd class rubbish that we bring into NUS to teach and groom our next generation.....

Denisa Kera is Assistant Professor at the National University of Singapore where she is also a fellow of the Asia Research Institute (STS cluster) and Tembusu college. Her present research brings together history of science, philosophy and design, and combines issues and methodologies from Science Technology Society (STS) studies and interactive media design. She is trying to create design probes and tools for deliberation and public participation in science. She follows and supports science community labs and alternative R&D places (Hackerspaces, FabLabs) across the world with a special focus on DIYbio movements, consumer genomics and various citizen science projects. The ethnographic research of these participative and design oriented forms of R&D is combined with genealogical interest in the origins of tinkering culture in the 16. century mechanical arts, early visions of Academy of sciences and discussions between science and alchemy. Current design projects focused on food and the use of design probes and critical design to reflect upon issues in food studies: Secret Cooks Club www.secretcooks.org and FoodMatch www.foodmatch.org.
Previous design project (2008 - 2010): real time video & heritage (Living Avatars Network: outsourcing experiences in real time), real time video as ethnographic methodology.
Research interests in Interactive Media Design, Science and Technology Studies and topics in Digital Culture and Art.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heh. It seems like someone had been trawling the forums.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages/?msg=61795.8

Denisa Kera:
32f3f5c.jpg

denisa.jpg

denisa-kera-a.jpg

4683884356_0aee19638a.jpg

photo.jpg

Oishii sushi:
ST_IMAGES_ATSUSHI19e.jpg

2084146401_7f06c99991.jpg

2116932859_18ecb05cd3_z.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cheebye foreign thrash lives in a world of her own. Think she throws a few obscene parties and can do what she wants.

I suggest her neighbours complain that they smell marijuana smoke at night and let the mata mark them jialat jialat.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Denisa Kera is Assistant Professor at the National University of Singapore where she is also a fellow of the Asia Research Institute (STS cluster) and Tembusu college. Her present research brings together history of science, philosophy and design, and combines issues and methodologies from Science Technology Society (STS) studies and interactive media design. She is trying to create design probes and tools for deliberation and public participation in science. She follows and supports science community labs and alternative R&D places (Hackerspaces, FabLabs) across the world with a special focus on DIYbio movements, consumer genomics and various citizen science projects. The ethnographic research of these participative and design oriented forms of R&D is combined with genealogical interest in the origins of tinkering culture in the 16. century mechanical arts, early visions of Academy of sciences and discussions between science and alchemy. Current design projects focused on food and the use of design probes and critical design to reflect upon issues in food studies: Secret Cooks Club www.secretcooks.org and FoodMatch www.foodmatch.org.
Previous design project (2008 - 2010): real time video & heritage (Living Avatars Network: outsourcing experiences in real time), real time video as ethnographic methodology.
Research interests in Interactive Media Design, Science and Technology Studies and topics in Digital Culture and Art.

So what? Assistant professor big fuck? or because you envy her skin colour?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the report, it is evident that this person has parties more frequently than most normal blokes. She should rent a chalet away from residences when she does so on non-festive occassions then. Having a high position in society doesn't give one the right to annoy others.

Cheers!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the host offer you free companion:confused: