• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hokkien Food & Restaurant

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to Jalan Besar yesterday for dinner this restaurant Quan Xiang Yuan

Hokkien food not bad. Have to start with the prawn ball

Fish maw sea cucumber soup

Fried chicken

Vege

Yam basket

Traditional hokkien mee

Prices reasonable and food is good

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This place weekends is full house

Call them at 1pm yesterday to book for 6pm was told just 2 tables left, so was lucky. Was there at 5.50pm only one table occupied by the time finished dinner around 7.10pm it was full house. We got up immediately people come take over. Business was good.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
their speciality is

braised pork + bun
prawn spring roll fritters
hokkien noodle though i think the mee sua is much better

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does anyone know, where did that Hokkien Restaurant along Amoy Street called "tin heong" ( heavenly fragrance) went to?? in the past, that was one of the authentic Hokkien Restaurant in town.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Does anyone know, where did that Hokkien Restaurant along Amoy Street called "tin heong" ( heavenly fragrance) went to?? in the past, that was one of the authentic Hokkien Restaurant in town.

Its known as Beng Hiang 茗香 at the end of Amoy Street. Moved in June to Jurong Gateway http://www.benghiang.com/contact

http://www.benghiang.com/

bh_index_1.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

the older names

Beng Thin Hoon Kee
Gim Tin 锦珍酒楼
Yan Palace

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have no idea what is hokkien cuisine despite being hokkien but i just realise im in love with hokkien food.

three of my favourite things mushrooms,fried chicken and any kind of deep fried balls

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
i have no idea what is hokkien cuisine despite being hokkien but i just realise im in love with hokkien food.

three of my favourite things mushrooms,fried chicken and any kind of deep fried balls

Talikng about fried hokkien meat balls I plan to make will post tomorrow

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bought the ingredients this morning and mixed it

Now making it to ball by dropping it in a bowl repeatedly to compact it

Later will fry