• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HK's MTR don't seem to be too crowded during evening peak hour

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When the MRT is empty... It will give you the impression that the aircon is stronger and also more ticket counters... Make sense???

On my previous visit trains are now popular & crowded AND the airocn is still colder than what you find in Spore. Sometimes when I get off the train my glasses even fog up because of the big difference in the temperature:eek:

When I say that it is easier to get a ticket, I mean that there are more counters & counter staff to help people. The problem in Spore is that there is usually only one counter for topping up.
Even at stations with 2 counters, it's normal to be stuck behind someone with a problem & this causes delays to those waiting behind the queue.

The system in Bangkok is more streamlined. When someone buys a ticket for a single trip, they just need to get a ticket & take the trip. Unlike in Spore where you 1st need to get a ticket & after completing the journey, go to a machine again for a refund:eek:

If you go to tourist spots like Vivocity it is common to see long queues of people trying to figure out our complex system:biggrin: In fact I've noticed that they have been reducing the numbers of the vending machines at some station:eek:

I take the public transport in Spore & I have to say that the Spore system is a mess; overcrowding, trains breaking down, policies made by people who don't use the system,.. I have to agree that the system in HK & BKK are better .

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies are really complaint kings. aircon in mrt not cool enough also kpkb. wait till you wait for trains in the subway stations in nyc in the middle of summer. you'll be sweating like in a sauna. some trains still carry fans instead of aircon. :eek:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hong Kong's MTR looks like not so crowded during peak hour. Boarded train at Jordan at 6.10pm going towards Central, look

Train frequency is less than 2 minutes interval

Also noticed that Hongkongers quite use to deliver stuff in MTR

if I have a chance tomorrow I'll check the morning crowd

Have you worked in HK before? 6.10 pm is not even near their knock off time.

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has already overtaken Hong Kong to be the population density champion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_density

Bloody hell every night after my work 930pm took from Doby Ghaut to Ponggol fucking train
always pack to the brim, thank you to our PAP gahmen for uploading so much Foreign Trash
into the train! Worst still choa ah neh set on Reserve seat refused to give way to seniors!!

You already lost Ponggol after 2016 more to come!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All of you already know the problem.
In HK intervel time between train included stop. Is less than 2min each train.
In Singapore is 3~4,im interval between train. That mean efficiency in only 50% for Singapore compare to HK.
If Singapore MRT interval time 2min . Meaning crowd can be reduce by 50%.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I 1st took the Bangkok trains a few years ago it was surprisingly empty. Obviously the service is now more popular. I find the Bangkok trains better than Spore's MRT. They have shorter waiting times, aircon is stronger, hand rail more user friendly, more ticket counters,...

And more chiobus than Sinkapore's.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bloody hell every night after my work 930pm took from Doby Ghaut to Ponggol fucking train
always pack to the brim, thank you to our PAP gahmen for uploading so much Foreign Trash
into the train! Worst still choa ah neh set on Reserve seat refused to give way to seniors!!

Good grief you are overworked. I hope you received OT pay.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jia lat these ah nehs. 9.30 still packed.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Singapore is 3~4,im interval between train. That mean efficiency in only 50% for Singapore compare to HK.

Everyone knows what are the problems and solutions.
But solutions means less profits....packing them in like sardines and reducing train frequency maximizes profit.
Another problem is Sg mrt is the trains are crowded regardless of peak or off peak.....during off peak they adjust and reduce train frequency further to longer intervals.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Its 9am bought at HK$9 ticket at Jordan for Wanchai

Train wasn't so crowded here in Jordan towards Central

But when changed at Admiralty it quite crowded but not too bad

After the above train left around 20 seconds later next train arrived not so crowded so passengers outside easily fit into this train

Even with the crowd the mobile signal wasn't too bad, workign flawlessly and I was able to upload my photos easily

Wanchai station

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I have to agree that despite the crowd the MTR's aircon is pretty cold, and one more thing Singaporeans will not miss here is the funny smell of passengers in Singapore's MRT, no such thing in Hong Kong's MTR which I am glad.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to agree that despite the crowd the MTR's aircon is pretty cold, and one more thing Singaporeans will not miss here is the funny smell of passengers in Singapore's MRT, no such thing in Hong Kong's MTR which I am glad.

Hongkies dress to impress....even if its going to the downstairs store.
Ladies won't step out of house without makeup.
Another good thing about hongkies is though the city is crowded, everyone hustle along and keep in line or keep to left etc....like an unspoken rule... unlike in sinkieland many dilly dally and take own sweet time or kiasu all rushing and clamouring.
So generally you get a better class of commuters.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dun you know sinkieland got a dumbfuck guideline to encourage everyone to maintain aircon thermostat at 25 degrees to save energy?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

spore mrt can shorten the interval if it want to but they wont as an acquaintance‎ who work in LTA told me when NE just open that in order for sbstransit to make $$, the train need to carry passenger density of at least 4 person per metre square. Not sure he BS or not but NE line do run at 4-5min interval after evening peak period.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went HK few weeks back. Very very few indian and fair amount of angmo...but lot of PRC :biggrin:

Their peak hours MTR crowds is not as crowded as SG.... our more sardine pack.

The number of PRCs in HK are more than you can visually quantify.

After all, how difficult is it to shave one's armpits, dress in trendy clothing easily obtained from any of HK's many boutiques, do up one's hair in a modern style, and put on stylish makeup?

Most PRCs in HK hail from the two neighboring Cantonese-speaking provinces and it really isn't that difficult to blend in, in terms of physiological and linguistic appearances.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
spore mrt can shorten the interval if it want to but they wont as an acquaintance‎ who work in LTA told me when NE just open that in order for sbstransit to make $$, the train need to carry passenger density of at least 4 person per metre square. Not sure he BS or not but NE line do run at 4-5min interval after evening peak period.

Minister of transport, LTA and SMRT is really bullshit. This one I believe.
IN SG is money $$$$ talk that the final decision.
They never dare to compare Sg MRT with HK MTR in service/price/time interval........ every category will lost to HK.