• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious HKie Chiobu Commit Suicide in UK due to $$$ Struggle, Die Die don't want to return to HK!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

'Intelligent, dedicated' woman, 27, takes her own life after struggling to afford £900-a-month rent and having to choose which meal to eat​

The coroner expressed his sorrow that she was one of many Londoners who struggle to afford rent and food to eat

NEWS
By
Lucy WilliamsonSenior Health Reporter
  • 16:55, 24 JAN 2023
  • UPDATED17:09, 24 JAN 2023
See news near you
Yee-King Ho, known as 'Fion'

Yee-King Ho, known as 'Fion' was a humanitarian worker at CAMFED International

An 'intelligent, dedicated' 27-year-old woman took her own life after struggling to afford a £900 a month rent in a shared South West London flat. Yee-King Ho, known as 'Fion' to friends and family, came to live in London from Hong Kong in April 2022, moving to a flat in Richmond in what family hoped would be an exciting chapter in her life.
But for her brother, Tommy Ho Yiu Hang, back in Hong Kong, alarm bells started to ring when his sister disclosed she was battling insomnia, losing her hair and was struggling to afford her "unhygienic" £900 flat share. Tommy later found after her death a notebook entry detailing what days she would eat lunch or dinner to save money.

When Fion didn't show up for her job as an officer at a charity, which campaigns for female education, and she did not answer her phone, Tommy asked one of the other three tenants to check on her.
READ MORE: 'I couldn’t walk on my own for five years but now I’m a weightlifter for Great Britain'

Yee-King Ho, known as 'Fion'

The coroner described her as a "dedicated" humanitarian worker with an impressive CV, having worked in Jordan as an Assessment Officer from September 2019 to October 2020
Tragically, it was discovered that Fion had taken her own life and she was pronounced dead on November 3, 2022. Her death was listed as a suicide, Coroner Dr Anton van Dellen confirmed today (Tuesday, January 24).
Her brother Tommy later learned the full extent of his sister's struggles, including that she was booked for a psychological counselling session for depressive symptoms just four days after her death. In a statement read by the coroner, Tommy said: "She mentioned to me on September 7, 2022 that since July, she was worried about her income and was not able to sustain her life in the UK and felt depressed.

"The hygiene condition of the bathroom made her feel uncomfortable...This made her pressure build up and fall to a loss of strength to work from home and live at home. And she seldom left her room.
"She was scared she will be laid off from work due to stress and face a loss of income due to her poor working performance. Due to insufficient income, I think she has begun to limit her meals per day."
https://bcxiriolsu.live/regard/pro/...pwVYCf5g1Fets8TUO61L7HBsV-SDBxlwoo-SCpfTI6KIf
dailymail.co.ukAdele Shares Exactly How She Lost 100 Pounds!!

https://omaze.co.uk/pages/london-ii...VYCf5g1Fets8TUO61L7HBsV-SDDwU8o3rri0ZaAx9HHAQ
OmazeLook around this town house, which you could win

by Taboola
Sponsored Links

He added: "To my sister. I feel so sorry for the pressure and pain you suffered. I only knew them all after your death. I always wish I can stop this tragedy, but it is impossible. I can only accept the fact and follow your will on taking care of our parents. I wish you are now in heaven in a much better place without any pain, pressure and comparison. Only with freedom, joyful life. Rest in peace, my beloved sister."
The coroner described Fion as an "intelligent, dedicated" young woman and expressed his sorrow that her time in the UK was not a happy time for her. Fion had finished a bachelor's degree in Asian and International Studies in Hong Kong in 2017. She then finished a master's degree in International affairs at Geneva in 2019.
She worked in Jordan as an Assessment Officer from September 2019 to October 2020. She then worked as an international and Relief Service Officer of Hong Kong Red Cross from December 2020 to March 2022. She began living in the UK in early April 2022 through a British national overseas visa. She planned to live and work in the UK for five years and then apply for indefinite leave to remain.
Coroner Dr Anton van Dellen told the inquest: “I am only very sorry that the time she spent in England was clearly not a happy time for her. England is enriched by having such strong links to Hong Kong and benefits enormously from having people from Hong Kong coming to live and work in England.
"Fion is an excellent example of the high calibre of person who is so welcome in England. She was clearly a very highly intelligent and dedicated humanitarian worker. The world is a much sorry-er place for not having her in organisations that help people in need. I hope her family holds dear to them the memory that Fion was someone who wanted to try and make the world a better place.
"I don't underestimate how difficult it is for a young person living far away from their family in a city such as London. Her brother explained how Fion rented a room for £900 a month sharing the bathroom and communal spaces. Unfortunately this is a problem faced by any young people in London where a low salary struggles to cover the costs of rent and eating.
"And one of the most upsetting pieces of evidence that I heard was evidence that it appears that Fion had limited her eating due to insufficient income."

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HK is now a CCP-run shithole like any other city in mainland China.

Once you got a taste of freedom, you will not be a dog which returns to its vomit. :biggrin:

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem is that humanitarian work does not pay well, leading to her having insufficient money to eat and pay rent.
If she chose humanitarian work, then she is not so intelligent after all.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should have gone to america and mingle with the Falungong crowd. I hear they doing well out side China. :unsure:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is that humanitarian work does not pay well, leading to her having insufficient money to eat and pay rent.
Now we can all be branded as nasty for saying she’s not smart to do humanitarian work and end up starving. But isn’t that true?

Even when u take a flight, the safety instructions are such that u always make sure u take care of your own adjustments before u help others!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. Singapore charity organization finance director pay is enough to afford to stay and do major renovations of big semi detached house and that’s two decades ago. Went to the house warming.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
She died defending freedom and democracy.
At the same time, because of " face" cannot return to hong kong.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. Singapore charity organization finance director pay is enough to afford to stay and do major renovations of big semi detached house and that’s two decades ago. Went to the house warming.
And the ceo stay in high end condo.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
She died defending freedom and democracy.
At the same time, because of " face" cannot return to hong kong.
Face? She clearly does not care about this. She’s a humanitarian worker, not a banker. Lol

In fact, most ppl will regard a humanitarian worker along the same rung as cardboard picker!