• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hire FTs, Fire Locals : DBS Saga

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It seems that the locals are really very expendable when it comes to retrenchments.

One of the guys was lamenting 20years of service and this is what happened. He has overstayed his welcome and is now being replaced by another FTs.

Perhaps there is some truth in the acronyms, DBS (Don't be Singaporean) as saw in an earlier thread.

jw5

Loyal
It seems that the locals are really very expendable when it comes to retrenchments.

One of the guys was lamenting 20years of service and this is what happened. He has overstayed his welcome and is now being replaced by another FTs.

Perhaps there is some truth in the acronyms, DBS (Don't be Singaporean) as saw in an earlier thread.
That's the way life is. You should know better, having lived for (presumably) more than 41 years.
Haven't you heard of the sayings: "Life is hard and then you die" or "The only certainties in life are death and taxes."?
The way to deal with this is actually not that difficult. If you think that the government has given you a bad deal, don't vote for them at the next elections. If you think that an organization has not given you the goods or services or treatment that you think you deserve, don't associate with them or associate with them in such a manner that benefits you most and benefits them least.
Life is tough, but you can make your life simpler.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's the way life is. You should know better, having lived for (presumably) more than 41 years.
Haven't you heard of the sayings: "Life is hard and then you die" or "The only certainties in life are death and taxes."?
The way to deal with this is actually not that difficult. If you think that the government has given you a bad deal, don't vote for them at the next elections. If you think that an organization has not given you the goods or services or treatment that you think you deserve, don't associate with them or associate with them in such a manner that benefits you most and benefits them least.
Life is tough, but you can make your life simpler.

I am sure that if they don't need you, they will not need your business too.

Which means to say, I will take out my money and put it in another bank, except DBS/POSB.

jw5

Loyal
I am sure that if they don't need you, they will not need your business too.

Which means to say, I will take out my money and put it in another bank, except DBS/POSB.
Well, that's one way of looking at it.
The problem with many people is that they always want that something that is lost, taken away from them or that they never had in the first place.
Before they vote against the government, they think whether their flat upgrading and value will be affected.
Before they stop dealing with an organization, they think of the inconvenience to stop dealing with them or the potential "benefits" they might lose out.
Before they break off with their chiobu gf, they think of the great sex or the compliments from guy friends.
To hell with all this. Take the step, be bold and don't turn back. Never lament something you lost or never had in the first place.

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope that I am wrong.
Nevertheless, don't you think it should be, all are FTs, locals are safe.

Much as I support locals, its not always possible. I'm just glad that locals in DBS are statistically better off in this sense.

If all the GLCs do this, then perhaps the employment number will be better.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Much as I support locals, its not always possible. I'm just glad that locals in DBS are statistically better off in this sense...
Is this ratio correct? ..... in the backroom operations department of my neighbour's branch where total staff number 55 pax comprising 17 locals, 9 pinoys, 12 ah tiongs, 3 angmohs and 14 ah nehs...... 12 were among the 900 casualties.

They are 4 locals, 7 pinoys and 1 angmoh...... why was there no ah tiong or ah neh casualty? Was it because they were cheaper? Coincidentally, the 4 locals were the hishest paid among the 17 locals :rolleyes:

dominion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before they vote against the government, they think whether their flat upgrading and value will be affected.
Before they stop dealing with an organization, they think of the inconvenience to stop dealing with them or the potential "benefits" they might lose out.
Before they break off with their chiobu gf, they think of the great sex or the compliments from guy friends.

no backbone how to stop all this...

lanlan let ppl bully then complain over beer lor... :biggrin:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is about right for Singaporean to retrench pap too. In private sector, any one grave mistake you are gone, and you can count how many grave mistakes pappee has made with their million dollar pay package.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Much as I support locals, its not always possible. I'm just glad that locals in DBS are statistically better off in this sense...
Is this ratio correct? ..... in the backroom operations department of my neighbour's branch where total staff number 55 pax comprising 17 locals, 9 pinoys, 12 ah tiongs, 3 angmohs and 14 ah nehs...... 12 were among the 900 casualties.

They are 4 locals, 7 pinoys and 1 angmoh...... why was there no ah tiong or ah neh casualty? Was it because they were cheaper? Coincidentally, the 4 locals were the hishest paid among the 17 locals :rolleyes:

Coincidentally, the 4 locals were the hishest paid among the 17 locals

There is no coincidence that the 4 locals which were among the highest paid got laid off.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sinkies salary too high lah
twice as expensive as FT
so the boss ask, is this sinkies twice as productivity as FT, NO.
is this sinkies twice as good as FT, NO.

so fire the sinkies.

as easy as ABC.

to avoid such thing, you must try to lower your salary. not always trying to get it higher and higher.

eugene_chan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Brother, you are making baseless accusation. Better substantiate what you write.

Do you have the names of the people retrnched? if not, how do you know that they are locals.

You better speak out or else you will go prison

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There u go...

th_retrench.jpg

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkies salary too high lah
twice as expensive as FT
so the boss ask, is this sinkies twice as productivity as FT, NO.
is this sinkies twice as good as FT, NO.

so fire the sinkies.

as easy as ABC.

to avoid such thing, you must try to lower your salary. not always trying to get it higher and higher.

And do sinkies need to serve NS and "do reservist"? Yes? No need to think already!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brother, you are making baseless accusation. Better substantiate what you write.

Do you have the names of the people retrnched? if not, how do you know that they are locals.

U sound like a Papaya running dog.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

DBS is a Singapore bank based in Singapore, tied up to POSB. Most of the money deposited is from Singaporean, whether in DBS or POSB.

You want to bet your last dollar that there is no locals involved. All being said here is based on clear conscience. Are you willing to vouch for no locals being retrenched in DBS?.

DerekLeung

Alfrescian
Loyal
DBS is a Singapore bank based in Singapore, tied up to POSB. Most of the money deposited is from Singaporean, whether in DBS or POSB.

Take it all out make the numbers up and down . Rotate funds in all banks .