• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Higher PUB bill from 1 Oct onwards

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
And I thought oil price fell from $150 to $105?

This story was printed from channelnewsasia.com

Title : Households to see average rise of about 22% in electricity bills from Oct
By :
Date : 29 September 2008 1035 hrs (SST)
URL : http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporebusinessnews/view/379056/1/.html

SINGAPORE: Higher oil prices have pushed up electricity prices for this quarter by about a fifth.

SP Services said on Monday households will see an average increase of 21.46 per cent in electricity bills, when average electricity tariffs go up by 5.38 cents per kilowatt-hour.

On average, all SP Services customers will face a 21.89 per cent increase.

For the period from October 1 to December 31, tariffs have been pegged to a higher "forward fuel oil price" of S$155.14 per barrel.

This price is 38.06 per cent higher than the S$112.35 per barrel in this current quarter.

The electricity tariff is reviewed quarterly and adjusted in line with fluctuations in the cost of electricity, and approved by the Energy Market Authority.

At a news conference on Monday, the Authority's chief executive Khoo Chin Hean said that the increase is the highest so far this year.

- CNA/yb

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
"forward fuel oil price" of S$155.14 per barrel:confused:

bloody assholes pirates... thanks to the 66.6% who vote for PAP..

what the hell must PAP do in order for these 66.6% to wake up their ideas??:mad:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
only a couple of months back, they increase their price..

SIFU bill went from $65 to $75 ( they say avg should be 5 for my type of flat size )..

so now with the 20% increase, my new bill will be $90..

that means in a few short f*&&king months, increase from $65 to $90, 38% jump :mad:

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really don't know how PUB price their electricity. In fact, the generator in the power stations are run by gas from Indonesia which PUB signed a 10 year contract based on price 10 years ago. Why are they pegging it to oil? In fact many broking houses have cut their oil target and forecast due to lower global demand.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really don't know how PUB price their electricity. In fact, the generator in the power stations are run by gas from Indonesia which PUB signed a 10 year contract based on price 10 years ago. Why are they pegging it to oil? In fact many broking houses have cut their oil target and forecast due to lower global demand.

You right. They keep quite about the gas price. But 154th never print this fact. Oil price coming down but price increase:confused::confused:

NobleEagle

Alfrescian
Loyal
cb garment always like tat everytime got give sumthin to public they will wan take back tenfold, so guys n gals beware of frequent roadblocks, cigarettes throwing, parking summons even jay walking cus these assholes will come out full-force these few days due to the 1st Oct giveouts :rolleyes:

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pay up peasants, just pay up!

Those who want to cry, go to the weekly 'Meet the Peasants Session'.

Last edited:

Black Swan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes and PUB wasting $ by holding some stupid Save Electricity Campaign. Whatever precious little you save every month is measly compared to the 22% across the board price increase. The peg of S$155.14 to oil is really baffling. Can some MP raise this in ParLEEment?

Last edited:

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
when it fully privatise then the bill will be much higher.
initially the bill will be lesser to show everyone that privatisation is good.
then after you have some sweetness,come the bitterness,the bill will shoot up.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh pls, dun give me the gst offset pkg on 1 oct.

Too late, they already have started the 'ball rolling', plus 'upsize' of another $50 to $100. The Pass The Cost council, have approved public transport fees hike, plus the hike in utiitiles fees, plus other fees going up!. So, your balls are starting to roll!!!!:biggrin:

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Damn really considering moving up north where the price of living is much cheaper and simpler. Damn if only their standard of living is just as good as here :(

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pui! Spit on this old fart's face!! Lau Bu Si!!:mad:

svLEEKUAN_narrowweb__300x417,0.jpg

virus2977

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the oil price drop what.what the fuck is our goverment doing.Want to rise profit is not like that what!!!!!!Our goverment is a day robbery..........66.6% singaporean u all happy liao.Here give GST package and there give back to them.let all gather and shoot e-mail to SP.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
they announced the bus fare increase but diam diam on this one 15% increase in utilities, until the last moments so peasants can't protest/complain ... :mad:

my 50% extra of growth dividends all gone ! thot i could save abit of it ... :(