• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

hi all

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi everyone, Sorry i havent been able to come in and chat these last few days. Had a lot of work to do and stuff to attend to.

I had a look at the posts in the active threads here and to be very frank the material there is too ' chim ' for me.

Today is a really nice day and later on i will be spending it with my family.

As for my personal thoughts, i thank God for today, for my family , our health and safety.

I thank God for very many things and people including you guys posting here. I hope whatever your beliefs, that you guys be safe and well.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi everyone, Sorry i havent been able to come in and chat these last few days. Had a lot of work to do and stuff to attend to.

I had a look at the posts in the active threads here and to be very frank the material there is too ' chim ' for me.

Today is a really nice day and later on i will be spending it with my family.

As for my personal thoughts, i thank God for today, for my family , our health and safety.

I thank God for very many things and people including you guys posting here. I hope whatever your beliefs, that you guys be safe and well.

i just went up to a national park here in australia with a group of friends and did some bush walking. drove for more than 5 hours in my 4WD for the to/fro trip, up the trecherous roads to the mountain top.

yea, i look thru' the valley and mountain range with a waterfall running down at a side and falling hundred of metres down the the valley. beautiful. i walked down the valley with my family and friends and up again. a real challenge.

whole event, beautiful. and i thought to myself, my old self will think about the creations from god, but i can balance the notion off as the entire mountain range's formation and the entire vegetation of plants, trees, mushrooms, moulds, not to mention the regenerative cycle of organic plants/tree rotting and return the nutrients back to the ground and push for the next generation of plants.

god's creation in less than 6000 years? what happen to the dinosaurs, unicorns, cyclops and sea monsters?

i bumped into another mate of mine just this morning at an asian suburb. he did mentioned about how he managed to overcome his troubled past; sexually abused as a teenager, several incidents that almost cost his life, his marriage breakdown with his ex-wife, his brush with cancer which nearly cost his life and he was professing it with no reservation, he didnt blame god for the past life problems and he wish to inspire others with his testimony. unfortunately, the pastor stopped him from doing so as his testimony is "too raw" for the sane-clean-nothing-is-wrong church atmosphere. everything is clean and spotless. his sharing will make other feel very unneasy.

now i supported his sharing and was inspired by his ever positive way of sharing and the belief of god helped him in his survial and picking up the pieces in his life to push on for a better one, then im all for it and support him in his belief (he is not those academic fella so i spare him with all the science jargons). however, the story of how that pastor asked him not to share and attend the church for fear of his raw testimony that will turn people off is just plain ridiculous.

not all people can face the stark cold fact, some must believe in a higher power for comfort and joy. im ok with that but dont push it so hard down other people's throat and expect people to behave take in all in faith and increase one's stupidity to overcome their wisdom. i also cannot stand the fact that the bible has such a undisputable place in society that it commanded absolute respect from all with no compromise. and religions are used to further one's political power and revenge as what we had seen on 911 attacks, US presidential elections where candidates claimed they are annointed by god to be presidents.

as what professor peter atkins say in one of the bbc talkshow;

DON'T BE INTELLECTUAL LAZY.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi FB,

its sad that some pastors disallow 100% sharing of experiences, however i think that this pastor could be in the minority. I have been to a few churches , Traditional mainstream ones like the Anglicans and Methodists, independent ones like Lighthouse and even the ' house ' churches.
The open sharing so far has been of the no holds barred kind where the person spoke freely.
They believe that sharing helps the person who shares and also the listeners.

It is great that you gave your friend the support and encouragement he needed despite your own personal stance.
You would have been just the kind of Christian that would have given good testimony by the way you care.
Please continue to keep in touch with him and be a good pal.

Anyone who uses religion to further their own aims and ambitions is doing a very wrong thing. Many powerful and influential people have hijacked their religions and greatly sinned in its name.
They will have to account for it later , in my opinion.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone who uses religion to further their own aims and ambitions is doing a very wrong thing. Many powerful and influential people have hijacked their religions and greatly sinned in its name.
They will have to account for it later , in my opinion.

well, what is right and what is wrong is also depend on interpretations. take this for example (i read it from somewhere)...
in WWII, the americans were concerned about feeding the children and babies, but for the japanese, it is to defend the honour of the emperor. when the americans defeated the japanese and confronted the japanese about their war path and throwing all resources behind the war without much left to the citizens, the americans asked the japanese; "whabout your babies? arent you worry that they dont have food to eat?"

and the japanese replied; "then what about my emperor's honour? i will defend it to my death, my family can die with me but the honour of the emperor must be saved at all cost."

see? the difference in cultural's principles. perhaps the olden days, religions can flourish due to cultures' with different set of principle, and in this modern society where principle is on individualism and curiosity and technological advancement, perhaps that is why religions get challenged ever so often.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
yes everything must face up to being tested and if it true it will stand firm somehow or other.In this particular case i personally think the American view will stand the test of time much better because it is the higher view.

well, what is right and what is wrong is also depend on interpretations. take this for example (i read it from somewhere)...
in WWII, the americans were concerned about feeding the children and babies, but for the japanese, it is to defend the honour of the emperor. when the americans defeated the japanese and confronted the japanese about their war path and throwing all resources behind the war without much left to the citizens, the americans asked the japanese; "whabout your babies? arent you worry that they dont have food to eat?"

and the japanese replied; "then what about my emperor's honour? i will defend it to my death, my family can die with me but the honour of the emperor must be saved at all cost."

see? the difference in cultural's principles. perhaps the olden days, religions can flourish due to cultures' with different set of principle, and in this modern society where principle is on individualism and curiosity and technological advancement, perhaps that is why religions get challenged ever so often.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Atkins - the most horrible among atheist debaters. 12 fishermen who died for Jesus because they were bored. Audience laughed everytime he debates.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes everything must face up to being tested and if it true it will stand firm somehow or other.In this particular case i personally think the American view will stand the test of time much better because it is the higher view.

[/B]
well, im using that to explain the difference in the perception of "principle". im sure you catch the cheese, right?