• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Here"s why DBS service is ROTTON...

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What do you expect when you have too many incompetent foreigners in a company-including the CEO.
Anyone noticed the only female at the DBS press conference-Karen Ngui.?
She has never worked in bank operations-coming from a PR background and yet spoke the most.

And of course she is an FT like Saw Phaik Hwa -from Malaysia(someone said some ulu place in Kedah).
Ask people who has worked in Chase, OUB, UOB and Chartered Bank and they will tell you many stories .

FT's really screwing up Sillipore .If you are one of the 60% in the GE and 30% in the PE, you deserve to lose your money, be trapped in the MRT trains, have your place ponded and .....many more to come

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Queues are not a problem for me as I do Internet banking.

I used to have an OCBC account (before I closed it in protest of the minimum sum rule), and another dormant UOB account with a little money but which I can't be bothered to close.

no matter how wired up u r, u eventually will need cash. unless u the type that keep bundles of cash in khong guan tin under your bed, u will need to make withdrawal for cash. so y waste time at posb atm?

i too have a posb open during primary school stamps buying days but i switch to uob once i ord. i even change the record at cmpb to uob as MUP credit a couple days later would affect me. now posb is dormant, with mininium balance only. i hate it most when friends approach me for loan ask me to transfer to their posb/dbs account. knn, want money still make me troublesome, so i refuse to lend unless he come down personally to collect cash.

kt88_2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The bank kana hack liao, why no other bank , only posb n dbs, it is because it is run by many Indians , so call IT experts all bullshit, the whole bank like run by ah neh, all talk but cannot work, remember CEO also from India, u go tampines interchange look at the building u will know what I mean.the country money or do all citizens money went to posb then suddenly got DBS , then use to feed so many foreigners instead of citizens, u think is it fair , worse is all are like Smrt CEO all fuck standard, but still high pay.u go check out uob n standard charter , they don run this way ESP uob, think going to transfer all my money to uob.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
No it means internet banking, Eftpos/smartcard/mobilephone, paypal, credit card payments.

I have not drawn cash from an ATM in months.

Boss, your friendly neighbourhood kopitiam and hawker centre haven't upgraded like your website yet lah. Cash-only transactions. It is also called NETS not Eftpos in SG, no one will understand you if you say Eftpos.

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Off topic a lil but boss, if you enjoy the company of sheep so much, why are you in New Zealand and not Singapore? :confused:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
No it means internet banking, Eftpos/smartcard/mobilephone, paypal, credit card payments.

That explains the USD4.99 gimmick then. Clinton666, if you have any financial difficulties, don't hesitate to voice out. :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Karen Ngui began her career in banking and started with Chase Manhattan Bank in Singapore long before the door was opened to FTs. Chase at the time bought over Bank of America Card accounts and this was oldest in Asia. This was subsequently sold to OUB and Karen went to OUB together with many of the Chase staff. Karen is also the one who rebadged OUB brands, logo and outlook and developed the famous purple frontage. She is also the one who who brought in all the well known acts that made OUB a buzz. Karen was pulled over to Standard Chartered.

Subsequently Karen went over to DBS when the PR team led by a former SPH Journalist Catherine Ong who is the sister of Perm Sec and Head of Civil Service was found wanting as she had no clue about banking. By the way, Catherine Ong was employed by DBS when he brother was a director of the Bank.

Karen has been in Banking all her life and has never worked in PR. She is probably the only one worth her salt in that hopeless team.

Karen's father was the royal doctor to the Sultan of Trengganu.

What do you expect when you have too many incompetent foreigners in a company-including the CEO.
She has never worked in bank operations-coming from a PR background and yet spoke the most.

And of course she is an FT like Saw Phaik Hwa -from Malaysia(someone said some ulu place in Kedah).
Ask people who has worked in Chase, OUB, UOB and Chartered Bank and they will tell you many stories .

FT's really screwing up Sillipore .If you are one of the 60% in the GE and 30% in the PE, you deserve to lose your money, be trapped in the MRT trains, have your place ponded and .....many more to come

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really ironical, given that there was a 2 page interview in the newspapers with the CEO recently.

Not only the ATM but the counter queues are also damn long.

Yes, ironically just days after the CEO made it big in the papers with a 2 page interview, the fraud case that followed was like a heavy downpour that fell right on top of him with such impeccable timing. And I remember they have ATM machines in Jurong Point that only allow withdrawal of minimum $200 and above. The funny thing is that other banks also have operations in Malaysia and why the perpetrators chose DBS as their target?

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really ironical, given that there was a 2 page interview in the newspapers with the CEO recently.

Can never forget his remark from a few years ago "We are flushed with depsoits".
Not surprising if u consider that almost every foreigner and sinkee has a POSB or DBS account.
That's probably still true today, if u look at the deposit rates they offer.
Time deposit rate for 18 months is a miserly 0.1%!

Unless u can't help it, can consider using another bank as your main transaction bank.
Not only the ATM but the counter queues are also damn long.
Even the priority banking treasures queues are sometimes longer than the normal queues of other banks.

Until last month, I have never bothered to step into DBS bank. Just watching from the Street outside any DBS, and you know it's got to be the Worst service on Earth. My stockbroker suggested I open a DBS account because DBS is the bank the brokerage uses. So I can transfer money faster.

But last week, I went in to fill out some forms, the lines at the service counter were endless!!! And the Foreign Talent(i think one was Thai and one was Indian) service counter girls, they did not seem to have a clue. Needed 15-20 minutes to answer the questions of each customer, and: this is the ultimate shocker: when it came to my turn, I could not understand a word of the 'English' that the Thai FT counter girl was trying to speak!!! She also crossed out and re-wrote many items in my form. The form looked like Kindergarten children's doodlings. I will lay bets on my request getting screwed up, and my having to go back to DBS to straighten out the mess!!!

What is surprising is, it was a Shenton Way DBS. How much worse it is at Heartland DBS branches, I dare not think!!!

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Teo Chee bye said 96% nsmen will defend Singapore?
What is there to defend? Foreigners all over Singapore
Banks Just press a few buttons will sabotage n paralyze
The entire banking system in Singapore.what about other
Industries ???
Knnccb to PAP !!!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bodoh, that is precisely the PR person's job! The corporate communications person is the one who talks to the press.

Bank ops people stay in bank ops. Bank ops people work behind the scenes as support roles for the bank. You don't put a bank ops person in the public spotlight.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
batman1 said:
Teo Chee bye said 96% nsmen will defend Singapore?
What is there to defend? Foreigners all over Singapore
Banks Just press a few buttons will sabotage n paralyze
The entire banking system in Singapore.what about other
Industries ???
Knnccb to PAP !!!

I am interested to find out who are the balanced 4%. Are they people like Ah Sam?

jw5

Loyal
The funny thing is that other banks also have operations in Malaysia and why the perpetrators chose DBS as their target?

They probably thought they could get a larger coverage of account holders, perhaps their intention was to hit as many accounts as possible and hope the account holders would not notice so quickly.

Unfortunately, being foreigners, they did not count on the super kiasu mentality of sinkies where it came to their own money. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Until last month, I have never bothered to step into DBS bank. Just watching from the Street outside any DBS, and you know it's got to be the Worst service on Earth. My stockbroker suggested I open a DBS account because DBS is the bank the brokerage uses. So I can transfer money faster.

I still maintain a dbs/posb account because of the fact that so many people have one, possibly including the MIWs.
But it's also the same reason why I don't use it as my main transaction bank.

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal

A Nepalese villager first time out of his country once told me: "Always have $50 usd equalvalent in your wallet. You never know it might just save your life one day."
This is common knowledge everywhere. I always wondered why sinkies, being a well travelled bunch never acquired such common sense.:(

S

Summer

Yes, ironically just days after the CEO made it big in the papers with a 2 page interview, the fraud case that followed was like a heavy downpour that fell right on top of him with such impeccable timing. And I remember they have ATM machines in Jurong Point that only allow withdrawal of minimum $200 and above. The funny thing is that other banks also have operations in Malaysia and why the perpetrators chose DBS as their target?

more likely a inside job.

maybe a Committee Of Inquiry

will be set up soon ???