• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Heng Swee Kiat Collapsed During Cabinet Meeting! Kena Stroke!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This one is also called stroke. :biggrin:

golf .jpeg

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got the same problem years ago. Doc said its caused by weakening of blood vessels. They want to insert a scope to my brain to look for other probable weakened vessels. I said no thank you because if it is a birth defect, there should be many more to burst. I am not going to let them go wondering in my brain with a scope as any mistake could mean a permanent burden to my family.

However, there must be some change in my life style that hastened and triggered the bursting. I must avoid those activities so that hopefully the setting of the time bomb can be delayed.

i noted that prior to the burst I was having little sleep. I was not stressed but definitely not having enough rest. I was also taking vitamin C regularly to avoid flu and sore throat. The worse was a certain kind of Chinese herb which I was taking regularly to improve blood flow, which I suspect actually thinned the blood.

Well just to share my view. Be careful of overdose in anything.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want to tell you guys something. I am a Tampines GRC constituent. I had shared my encounter with Masagos which was a positive one. During polling day of the 2011 GE, I was at a cooffeshop reading the papers on the GE when I found myself surrounded by a sea of white. It was the PAP army on their way to the polling stations. A short man stopped and stood a few feet away from me and when our eyes met he nodded a hello which was returned without emotion. I am imbued with a good sense of character judgment. Mr Heng to me truly is a man of humility as have been shown since his elevation to Mt Olympus Singapore. My emotional reaction to this episode of our country's history is why must it be him? Why not the useless jiatliaobees in the Cabinet? We have lost a good man. Much as I hope it to be, we will not see him back. I don't believe in God but I find myself praying that he won't need to suffer for the rest of his life.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The tests you mention would not reveal a potential brain aneurysm. I should know because I've had friends struck down by strokes who had absolutely no risk factors whatsoever.

I've also known individuals with uncontrolled hypertension who lived to a ripe old age with no major health issues .

At the end of the day it all depends upon how the cards fall.

Agreed. If it is a unknown cause, that there is nothing we can do about it. What I am saying is for those controllables such as the risk factors mentioned which may be symptoms of an underlying cause, then preventive processes and remedial actions or contingency plans need to be put in place to ensure that the Ministers are responsible for their own health so as to be able to function ably in their ministry.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Agreed. If it is a unknown cause, that there is nothing we can do about it. What I am saying is for those controllables such as the risk factors mentioned which may be a symptoms of an underlying cause, then preventive processes and remedial actions or contingency plans need to be put in place to ensure that the Ministers are responsible for their own health so as to be able to function ably in their ministry.

I'm pretty sure that all key personnel in high level government jobs go for regular health checks. That's how the cancers that have struck some pappies were detected in the early stages.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Got the same problem years ago. Doc said its caused by weakening of blood vessels. They want to insert a scope to my brain to look for other probable weakened vessels. I said no thank you because if it is a birth defect, there should be many more to burst. I am not going to let them go wondering in my brain with a scope as any mistake could mean a permanent burden to my family.

However, there must be some change in my life style that hastened and triggered the bursting. I must avoid those activities so that hopefully the setting of the time bomb can be delayed.

i noted that prior to the burst I was having little sleep. I was not stressed but definitely not having enough rest. I was also taking vitamin C regularly to avoid flu and sore throat. The worse was a certain kind of Chinese herb which I was taking regularly to improve blood flow, which I suspect actually thinned the blood.

Thanks for sharing.

Just out of curiosity, what is your normal blood pressure readings ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Once you reach a certain senior grade you are entitled to Executive Health Screening which is quite extensive. In the early years when the programme was introduced it used to undertaken by senior consultant/Asso Prof. These programmes are now common place across senior staff of MNCs as well.

I'm pretty sure that all key personnel in high level government jobs go for regular health checks. That's how the cancers that have struck some pappies were detected in the early stages.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you keep coming back here you are testing God's patience to the max!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same sentiments bro.
My emotional reaction to this episode of our country's history is why must it be him? Why not the useless jiatliaobees in the Cabinet? We have lost a good man. Much as I hope it to be, we will not see him back. I don't believe in God but I find myself praying that he won't need to suffer for the rest of his life.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. Once you reach a certain senior grade you are entitled to Executive Health Screening which is quite extensive. In the early years when the programme was introduced it used to undertaken by senior consultant/Asso Prof. These programmes are now common place across senior staff of MNCs as well.

Sounds like Heng Swee Keat 's health status is not deemed as 'at risk' by the normal health screening if it has been carried out regularly.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Sounds like Heng Swee Keat 's health status is not deemed as 'at risk' by the normal health screening if it has been carried out regularly.

I know it may sound ironic but in some cases health screening has made matters worse.

Take a friend of mine who was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer a couple of years ago. His annual blood tests always showed that he was in the pink of health. Everything was bang in the middle of the allowable ranges and it gave him a false sense of confidence that all was well and good.

After his cancer was discovered he realised in hindsight that there had been warning signs that he had ignored because he assumed that if anything was seriously wrong it would have showed up somewhere in the extensive blood work that he went through annually.

As it turned out this particular type of cancer does not reveal itself in blood tests and there are no specific markers that indicate its sinister presence.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those tests would not have shown what he had. No routine testing how extensive will show that. Typically this condition is detected when symptoms emerge and specific tests are done. Most battery of routine tests usually throw issues with heart, liver, etc.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lymphoma is one tricky type of cancer. For those who made it through the first round and think that by taking it easy and having more obscenely paid subordinates to run the show for him, he can ward off its return. But cancer will always come back with a vengeance.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know it may sound ironic but in some cases health screening has made matters worse.

Take a friend of mine who was diagnosed with stage 3 cancer a couple of years ago. His annual blood tests always showed that he was in the pink of health. Everything was bang in the middle of the allowable ranges and it gave him a false sense of confidence that all was well and good.

After his cancer was discovered he realised in hindsight that there had been warning signs that he had ignored because he assumed that if anything was seriously wrong it would have showed up somewhere in the extensive blood work that he went through annually.

As it turned out this particular type of cancer does not reveal itself in blood tests and there are no specific markers that indicate its sinister presence.

Agreed. Science has not reached to the stage where it can detect all kinds of fatal illnesses from the current health screen tests. But statistically speaking, the health screen test should be good as a gauge to screen out those who are 'at risk' and those who are not.

No one can say for certain, that those who are deemed ' good ' from health screen test will not contract cancer or kena a stroke thereafter. Life is not 100% certain. But we can have some confidence from statistics to help us have a good handle on the health matter of our Ministers.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
No one can say for certain, that those who are deemed ' good ' from health screen test will not contract cancer or kena a stroke thereafter. Life is not 100% certain. But we can have some confidence from statistics to help us have a good handle on the health matter of our Ministers.

Ironically you're promoting an elitist mindset by ranking the health of ministers ahead of the common man.

The PAP certainly has a tough job pleasing the electorate. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hate to sound cruel but what do people expect when they're earning million dollars a year? The stress and lifestyle habits associated is a trade off for the pay.

My friends in banks always tell me how their colleagues get diagnosed with cancer around 40.

A project director i knew scheduled a call next morning, went to bed and never got up. He left behind a wife and 2 young children.

When your salary is pegged to top private sector's, expect the risks too.

Get well soon Mr Heng

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I hate to sound cruel but what do people expect when they're earning million dollars a year? The stress and lifestyle habits associated is a trade off for the pay.

Not if you belong to the asset class and the millions are passive income. :smile: