• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Help Ms Sylvia Lim to win Aljunied !

Tiu Kwang Yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear brothers and sisters,

You read some fools telling people why Oppo want to win GRC, big joke right !

You have friends or relatives living at Aljunied GRC, pls tell them to give Ms Sylvia a chance to work with them !

Tell them that they have given too many years of chance to PAP but what is the end result ? Do their salaries go in par with PAP officials ?
Just tell them that they voted for PAP to get rich after all these years.

They should vote for people that take care of them ,and their pockets !

Pls help Sylvia Lim to win this GRC !

Also , we hope WP contest AMK GRC but dont send boys and girls there, send people with better height, got official look, and better talented !
Mr Low should take AMK GRC , better to look after his durians at Hougang !

Winning Aljunied is a victory, winning AMK GRC is returning sinkapore to the local sinkaporeans !

God help Sinkapore !

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah i know relative living there.
they are die hard pap supporter,
even if singapore economic will to nose dive and burn
they will still vote PAP.
There is absolutely no way those old poor people will vote against pap.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is unlikely Sylvia Lim will contest Aljunied GRC this time around. She knows her odds are greater for that $200k/year payday by taking on a PAP minion in a SMC.

-

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yeah i know relative living there.
they are die hard pap supporter,
even if singapore economic will to nose dive and burn
they will still vote PAP.
There is absolutely no way those old poor people will vote against pap.

Old people mind set dont change. They will stick same vote. Can only hope younger generation to make a right choice.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is unlikely Sylvia Lim will contest Aljunied GRC this time around. She knows her odds are greater for that $200k/year payday by taking on a PAP minion in a SMC.

-

200k a year is 16.6k per month. If SL wants that amount, she is better off returning to practice. The fact that she chose to lecture indicates that $ is not the sole reason for her existence.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
200k a year is 16.6k per month. If SL wants that amount, she is better off returning to practice. The fact that she chose to lecture indicates that $ is not the sole reason for her existence.

She likely couldn't cut it in the profession else she would not be teaching in a polytechnic.

-

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She likely couldn't cut it in the profession else she would not be teaching in a polytechnic.

-

That's your opinion and I respect it. Check with your lawyer friends. It may change your opinion. She may not be the best criminal lawyer in town but she is decent enough, for me. If I have a case, I have no problem entrusting it to her. Even if it is a capital case.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's your opinion and I respect it. Check with your lawyer friends. It may change your opinion. She may not be the best criminal lawyer in town but she is decent enough, for me. If I have a case, I have no problem entrusting it to her. Even if it is a capital case.

heard she"s not even a half decent one from several in the legal profession. Many in the legal faternity were stunned when she had the nerve to say Singapore laws were "fair and just" at an IBF forum. A pap dog whistler no doubt.

-

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please check out the case of PP vs Hla Win (trial and prosecution appeal) to see what a young defence counsel did to save an innocent from the noose.

heard she"s not even a half decent one from several in the legal profession. Many in the legal faternity were stunned when she had the nerve to say Singapore laws were "fair and just" at an IBF forum. A pap dog whistler no doubt.

-

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

-

Just because she is a lecturer does not mean she is incapable. On the other hang lecturers probably have to a lot of administration work which is exactly what is needed for an MP job :oIo::oIo::oIo:

-

Please quote your so called "legal faternity" who condemn her. Just because idiots like Chee gets sued due to their own stupid acts does not mean the law here isn't fair. Please get your facts rights :oIo::oIo::oIo:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please check out the case of PP vs Hla Win (trial and prosecution appeal) to see what a young defence counsel did to save an innocent from the noose.

The keyword here is young defence counsel.. and let me add..an idealistic one at some point in time. So was Chiam See Tong when he entered parliament back in 1984. Lee Kuan Yew himself was an opposition leader and parliamentarian before. His speechs at Chatham House rivals those made by even the late JBJ. Sylvia Lim, I'm afraid has long sold out on her ideals. The Worker's Party today is nothing but a lite version of the PAP currently. They give PAP the thumbs up, agree with their style of governence and policies and have assured the PAP that they will not form the alternative govt. To add to that, a certain WP member has even admitted that in the event the PAP falls short of a majority in parliament, the WP will most likely form a coalition with the PAP (see link below). Even well known PAP IBs in this forum are defending WP these days.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=45577.1

Do not expect anything to change for the better with politicians like Sylvia Low and LTK.

“But we either believe in democracy or we not. If we do, then, we must say categorically, without qualification, that no restraint from the any democratic processes, other than by the ordinary law of the land, should be allowed… If you believe in democracy, you must believe in it unconditionally. If you believe that men should be free, then, they should have the right of free association, of free speech, of free publication. Then, no law should permit those democratic processes to be set at nought.”
- Lee Kuan Yew as an opposition leader, April 27, 1955

“If it is not totalitarian to arrest a man and detain him, when you cannot charge him with any offence against any written law – if that is not what we have always cried out against in Fascist states – then what is it?… If we are to survive as a free democracy, then we must be prepared, in principle, to concede to our enemies – even those who do not subscribe to our views – as much constitutional rights as you concede yourself.”
- Opposition leader Lee Kuan Yew, Legislative Assembly Debates, Sept 21, 1955

“If we say that we believe in democracy, if we say that the fabric of a democratic society is one which allows for the free play of idea…then, in the name of all the gods, give that free play a chance to work within the constitutional framework.”
- Opposition leader Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore Legislative Assembly, Oct 4, 1956

-

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the lawyers I know don't earn more than $10K a month. Those kachiamputeh firms in Chinatown, some of them only make $2k a month leh.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
now fresh graduates with outstanding performance in school, starting pay in a reutable law firm is close to 7k per month,,,,,,,,,,,

average lawyer, 4-5k with big corporations

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're not doing SDP any favours by putting down your fellow opposition parties.

Do not expect anything to change for the better with politicians like Sylvia Low and LTK.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All the lawyers I know don't earn more than $10K a month. Those kachiamputeh firms in Chinatown, some of them only make $2k a month leh.

If 2k a month, they are better off driving a cab. Average lawyers charge $500-$600 per hr. Even "PG' lawyers fare better. Anywhere below 10k, these lawyers should change vocations. Night club bouncers make $1800. They don't even have PSLE.

kitelover3112

Alfrescian
Loyal
What are the chances that WP would do a musical chairs with LTK leading the Aljunied GRC team and Sylvia Lim contesting in Hougang?
Is it a possibility? Would the Hougang residents warm up to her?

konstandy

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi, i stay at Aljunied: i think opp has standard one just view this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIJzks6ByRs

i think she's so much better than so many PAP MPs & even NMP selected by PAP (eg Eunice Oslen) i think PAP chose them to appeal to young Cha Bo so young Cha bo will vote PAP ...(don't 4get all the dirty old men haha)

the cha bo MP that is running this GRC: not very good as compared to last time Marine Parade GRC ...

a lot of things has not improved but gone worst ... hope residents will give Opp a chance to change s'pore for the better!!!!!

Man in the streets

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, your call is heard !

I am from Chengsan, Chengsan people are doing just that, we must spread this chance like wild fire !

Help Sylvia Lim to win Aljunied GRC is a campaign In aljunied GRC !

Yes, WIN aljunied is a victory for Singapore , winning AMK GRC is taking back Singapore ! Good one ! Mr Low should take AMK GRC ---a 100 -vote win is also a win !

cheers
!