• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

He earns $4,000 a month doing your grocery shopping

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Achmad was paid $8 per grocery order and delivery he fulfilled.

$8 per order how to make money? If on a bad day, he only do one single trip:

Spend half an hour to buy groceries
Drive say half an hour to deliver
Petrol cost
Parking

Without deducting petrol and parking, he only earn $8 per hour. After deduction, u think he still earn anything?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Achmad was paid $8 per grocery order and delivery he fulfilled.

Those m&ds doing courier services for law firms within CBD charge $10 per trip. And with HQs of many banks having moved to Tampines, they will charge even higher. They go on a per assignment basis, not per location.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This delivery thing can only work if u are the boss, not the rider. If u are the rider, good luck!

Boss or rider it's still $8/hour, less if client orders a lot of stuff, before minusing off parking and petrol. It's slave wages. Like I said, I'd prefer to work at MacDonald's. :rolleyes:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Boss or rider it's still $8/hour, less if client orders a lot of stuff, before minusing off parking and petrol. It's slave wages. Like I said, I'd prefer to work at MacDonald's. :rolleyes:

How can u still be earning $8/hr if u are the boss? As a rider, u are limited by the 12 hours max u work daily.

As a boss, u are limited by the number of riders and assignments u get. The sky's the limit.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How can u still be earning $8/hr if u are the boss? As a rider, u are limited by the 12 hours max u work daily.

As a boss, u are limited by the number of riders and assignments u get. The sky's the limit.

First, I was referring to Mr Ahmad, who's both boss-cum-rider. He gets paid only $8 per trip.

Even if Mr Ahmad were to employ a team of riders to deliver for him, he's still paid $8 for each trip by each client. He has to pay his riders at least $6 per trip plus petrol/parking, otherwise they'd be better off working at NTUC Fairprice ($6.50/h), which means Mr Ahmad makes only $2 per trip as the boss. To make $4k/mth, he'd need to have 64 orders/day – you think that's easy to achieve here with no culture of online supermarket shopping and delivery?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The delivery charges for NTUC are as follows:

What are the delivery charges?

Our delivery charges are as follows:

Order Amount

Delivery Charge*

S$60 and below

S$10.70

Above S$60

S$7.49

Bulk Orders (More than 600 items purchased per order)

S$26.75

*Charges are inclusive of GST and calculated after discounts

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

boss or rider its inefficient to be doing one order an hour,most likely they are going to try to complete several deliveries in one trip.just like if u are a primary school bus driver ur not going to waste ur time picking up one kid at a time no?u learn how to streamline ur business and maximise the profitability.
these grocery deliveries usually they are placed in advance one or two days.so theres time for the orders to come in.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only way this delivery business can work is if they offer to deliver sensitive and valuable stuff. Imagine being a runner for pawnshops or moneychanger.

Tehtarik

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah bang maths got pass or not? After deducting petrol and parking still can get $4k? Maybe he drives electric bike