• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

He earns $4,000 a month doing your grocery shopping

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former construction safety officer finds satisfaction as a personal grocery shopper

Think of him as the Uber-X of grocery shopping.

For a small delivery fee, he will take your grocery shopping list that you have specified online, visit the store, call you if the products are not available, and deliver on the same day.

Mr Achmad Sobirin Suhaimi, 31, is part of a new wave of service providers taking online shopping to a new level.

The former full-time construction safety officer used to squeeze in grocery deliveries before or after work to earn some extra bucks.

His clients were from start-up Market9, an online platform where customers can order their groceries from most major supermarkets under one site and have the items delivered to their doorstep within three hours.

Mr Achmad was paid $8 per grocery order and delivery he fulfilled.

Two months ago, Mr Achmad quit his construction job to go into grocery shopping full-time.

He started his own company, and today, earns $3,000 to $4,000 a month helping clients - both individuals and businesses - do their day-to-day chores such as dealing with couriers, and personal grocery shopping.

He thinks demand for personal grocery shoppers will "definitely grow and surpass my delivery business".

"There will always be demand for this," he said.

He noted that there are several such businesses in the US although it is still a novelty here.

He said: "Anyway, I like to shop. I do it for my family and it is a leisure activity for me. I don't mind doing it for others and it is fun."

The father of three children aged one, four and six owns a Suzuki Swift hatchback. He said: "I live near a supermarket too.

"I'm very fast as I'm familiar with the supermarket so everything is done in a jiffy. I shop there for my own groceries, so I know where the items are located."

For fewer than 10 items, he can shop and check-out within half an hour.

For more than 20 items, he needs about an hour or more, depending on the crowd in the store.

BUSY HOURS

He is also familiar with the peak hours at supermarkets and chooses to shop during less busy hours to expedite his work.

"Even if I know an item is priced cheaper elsewhere, my instruction is to get the item from a particular supermarket," he said.

"If an item is not available, I'll inform the client. Based on experience, they usually ask for another brand or to drop the item."

He delivers the items immediately after paying for them and gets reimbursed for the them later.

He said: "I don't keep the items. Some of them are fresh items, such as butter."

Although customers have the option of shopping online from most major supermarkets, Mr Achmad thinks his service is still relevant.

He said: "Some customers may not be Internet-savvy. They like to speak to a person who can respond to them immediately, rather than sending e-mails and waiting for replies.

"They want the personal touch and someone to attend to them fast. They like the idea of someone shopping for them, where they put us on speed-dial to call anytime."

Despite being at his client's beck-and-call, Mr Achmad derives satisfaction from his work.

He said: "When people are so busy and I help them to shop, they have one less thing to do so they can have more family time with their kids."

"Some customers may not be Internet savvy... They want the personal touch and someone to attend to them fast."

— Mr Achmad Sobirin Suhaimi on the demand for personal grocery shoppers

- See more at: http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-ne...ocial&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1445255672

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After paying off his car loan, fuel bills, parking fees, car maintenance bills.. how much does he really make:confused:

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
After paying off his car loan, fuel bills, parking fees, car maintenance bills.. how much does he really make:confused:

Yah, even if he does this for 8 hours running back and forth every day, it's seriously unlikely $4k is net monthly profit, after subtracting expenses.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sori to say this.. if u notice m&d sidelines is always related to delivery. They can only think along this ? :cool:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sori to say this.. if u notice m&d sidelines is always related to delivery. They can only think along this ? :cool:

Not as powerful as you.. Luxury shopping and delivery without pay but pay others.

Last edited:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another malay boy who loves to tell people his salary.
malay taxi driver earning 7000.
malay grocery boy earning 4000

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
another malay boy who loves to tell people his salary.
malay taxi driver earning 7000.
malay grocery boy earning 4000

Something not right here.
Construction safety officer salary should be able to make $4k and its permanent employment.....he was doing the delivery part time I understand.....quit to do full time?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hi there

1. Honest, hope that some gals can "offer" such delivery services.
2. Guys would just "order" condoms to be delivered. :biggrin:

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Construction safety officer salary should be able to make $4k and its permanent employment.....he was doing the delivery part time I understand.....quit to do full time?

Hi there

1. Bingo!
2. Construction safety officers are high demand.
3. Honest, probably the said individual cmi on the job
4. Or kana big time on specific matters.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
$4k per month is fake lah. $1.4k I will believe. At $8 per trip, he will need to make 16 trips a day, every day for the whole month just to make $4k. Then still need to minus the petrol, parking and what not.

I dont understand why these people need to "declare" to the media that they are making so much when it is almost not possible. $7k driving taxi??

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
$4k per month is fake lah. $1.4k I will believe. At $8 per trip, he will need to make 16 trips a day, every day for the whole month just to make $4k. Then still need to minus the petrol, parking and what not.

I dont understand why these people need to "declare" to the media that they are making so much when it is almost not possible. $7k driving taxi??

Most people I know understate their income.....due to variety of reasons.
Only mats like to declare inflated incomes and publicly too.
Also the Asian culture is weird people like to discuss incomes....I find it rude and invasion of privacy.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

you are incisive............

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal

kena replaced by Bangla leh............now Banglas are supervisors for those HDB upgrading projects liao mah.............

anyway, it's not possible for him to make 4K lah................he needs to make 16 delivery trips every day.............assuming he can buy all the things in 1 go..........then minus parking, petrol, etc...............I think deliver pizza might be better

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

he can do multiple trips in one go no?wtf even the mcdelivery rider also deliver more than one order each trip.and obvious he gonna deliver within a specific area

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he can do multiple trips in one go no?wtf even the mcdelivery rider also deliver more than one order each trip.and obvious he gonna deliver within a specific area

Even with multiple trips it's very difficult. Let's assume he does 2 trips at one go. He's already said, 10 items = half hour to check out, 20 items = one hour. So let's say 2 clients (10 items each) = 1 hour check-out time. Plus one-hour delivery to two places = 2 hours. Assuming he rushes back to the supermart again, he'd still need 16 hours to do 8 rounds of 2 trips, without breaks. He'd be on the road for more hours than a taxi driver!

And what about parking and petrol?

Basically he's earning below minimum wage: $16 for 2 hours or $8 an hour for backbreaking job of marketing and delivery, plus petrol and parking thrown in. I'd rather work at MacDonald's or Starbucks.

Last edited: