• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hawker wants $10 for Hokkien mee

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny story. If got gout, should not even eat unhealthy food like hokkein mee. And even ask to remove the least unhealthy ingredient, the bean sprout?

Is this a prank story?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I always buy the $1 beehoon. I cannot eat bean sprout too, but I will pick them out.

Hokkien mee need a lot of work to cook and are usually cook together a wok of 10-15 packs. Imagine going thru the trouble of just doing 1 pack without bean sprout.....

If I am stall owner I will just tell her we do not sell without bean sprout.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
should blame that blardy farker who did'nt want see-hum, now aunty follow his style and all hell breaks loose bwtween vegans and meat eaters :mad:

Grace

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always buy the $1 beehoon. I cannot eat bean sprout too, but I will pick them out.

Hokkien mee need a lot of work to cook and are usually cook together a wok of 10-15 packs. Imagine going thru the trouble of just doing 1 pack without bean sprout.....

///
if want chilli....
dont want chilli....
how????
///
xxx

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The hawker is correct. Under the law of contract, there must be offer and acceptance for a contract to be made. The customer makes the offer: I offer to buy your Hokkien mee for $10. It is up to the hawker to accept. Or decline.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This trip very sad. I travelled with two guys who are more handsome than me. Fitter looking, more hair. All the girls fawn on the two of them and gave me black face. Damn sad. Even the massage girls chose them first. I felt like a cat 50 cheapo duck :(

KNN, you should create an Auntie Agony folder, then you can post all your xin-suan stories to your heart content.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If a person is suffering from gout, she should be avoiding hokkien mee.

Avoid the bean sprouts but slurp up the lard... your mother is definitely going to have a long life because of that. :rolleyes:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just don't understand why must put towgay in when frying hokkien noodles, char kway teow etc. Who's the joker who started this? I also don't like towgay in my noodles, guay teow etc.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This trip very sad. I travelled with two guys who are more handsome than me. Fitter looking, more hair. All the girls fawn on the two of them and gave me black face. Damn sad. Even the massage girls chose them first. I felt like a cat 50 cheapo duck :(

Next time travel with Tonychat and you will not face such problems.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just don't understand why must put towgay in when frying hokkien noodles, char kway teow etc. Who's the joker who started this? I also don't like towgay in my noodles, guay teow etc.
When the right type of tou gay is added in at right time to the right dish, it adds light crunchiness to the dish. Example is san lou hor fan. Without the tou gay, the dish is just not exemptional.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal

Spoken like a real man. A manly man.

Every morning in Shenton Way, the long queues for fried bee hoon are stalled by one idiot senior middle-aged woman just like the one in the Stomp story. Instead of just accepting the standard dollop of slop just like everybody else, the old c*nt insists on a custom-fried order, i.e. not too salty, not too oily, no garlic, no bean sprouts, no spring onions. Luncheon meat must be Organic. Egg must be from Free-Range chickens.

Sinkies really all kena Brain-wash and bullied until all 15-30 people in the queue just kwai-kwai gong gong stand behind the ugly hag for what must be an eternity for an office crowd in the morning rush to work***. (***To elaborate: in China, the queue behind the old long winded fussy Hag will turn into a violent mob, drag her outside, and beat her into a Comatose, bloody pulp!!!!)

Some mornings, there is not just one fussy, nit-picking old c*nt, but 2 or 3 in the queue. I am much more savvy these days, and quicker and faster to recognise a brewing problem. I just forego breakfast and drink coffee only, or if i am really too early to office, i order something else where there is no need to queue, get a good seat with a great view, and just watch all the sheep meekly and submissively being tortured by the c*nts. Makes my day!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Last edited: