• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hawker wants $10 for Hokkien mee

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
hawker_ups_price_to_10_for_hokkien_mee-thumbnail.jpg

STOMPer Doris is irked at the rude manner in which a hawker treated her mother. First he quoted the ridiculous price of $10 for a pack of Hokkien mee without bean sprouts, then refused to sell her any altogether.

According to Doris, her mother is unable to eat bean sprouts because she suffers from gout.

The STOMPer related the incident.

"I'm very angry with this Hokkien mee stall owner .

"This slim uncle with spectacles is so rude and unfriendly. Just because his Hokkien mee business is good doesn't mean he can be so rude to my mum, after all my mum is just a customer who really loves to eat Hokkien mee .

"My mum love to eat Hokkien mee but she has gout so she can't eat bean sprouts (and other bean products) .

"She was really craving Hokkien mee and so she went to this Toa Payoh Lorong 8 market stall to order Hokkien mee without bean sprouts, but the shop owner told my mum that he doesn't fry special orders of Hokkien mee as it is too troublesome.

"So my mum told him that since he cooks Hokkien mee in batches, she offered to buy the entire batch of mee without bean sprouts. This totalled four packets.

"However, the owner of the shop (who is also the one cooking) turned to my mum while cooking another order said 'Auntie, you want me to cook without bean sprouts har?'

"My mum replied 'yes', thinking that she still had a chance to get her order.

"The uncle replied, 'Can... One packet $10.00.'

"My mum was shocked and thought she had heard wrong and asked the uncle whether it was $4 or $10? Even the guy behind my mum had a shock too.

"One small portion of Hokkien mee for $10?

"But my mum still wanted to buy it, and the stall owner backed out again and insulted my mum, saying 'Even you want to pay me $10 I also don't want to sell you, cause I don't like to trouble myself cooking without bean sprouts.'

"This uncle is really unreasonable, can anyone tell me where can I make a complaint against this stall owner please?

"I really feel bad for my mum because, even at this age, she still has to be insulted by a rude stall owner who thinks his Hokkien mee is the best."

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If got standard and you think worth it then pay lor........
If feel not worth it then dun buy no need pay lor......
Eat then want to kaopeh for what.........swiss standard of living $10 cheap cheap lah

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ahh...just a day in sinkieland populated by low class sinkie shit...that is what happen when you lived among third world sinkies.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CHEEBYEKIA tonychat,

It is tau gei's fault. See vegetable nothing but trouble. If she eats meat then all this would not have happen.

gong cheebye your comprehension skills fail.
$10 is for WITHOUT bean sprouts.........if with bean sprouts is normal price. So mean taugeh cheap and good.....GET IT?

CheeByeKiaTonyChat

Alfrescian
Loyal
gong cheebye your comprehension skills fail.
$10 is for WITHOUT bean sprouts.........if with bean sprouts is normal price. So mean taugeh cheap and good.....GET IT?

You gong cheebye la!

If hokkien mee is a pure meat and noodles dish then the tau gei issue would not have happened. Get it tonychat fanboy?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They cook in bulk. The tow geh already in there. He have to fry the whole lot. He only 1 wok hor. Anyway that will encourage more ppl to be hawkers as price n earnings is inflation adjusted.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Doris:

If this hawker is an asshole, then perhaps it is advisable to yield to him, instead to boycott his stall. If I were you, persuade your mom to eat at the MacDonald's close by. I'm sure their Pinoy staff have better manners than that Hokkien Ah Beng.

Cheers!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dun worry so much. Karma is a bitch. Who is wrong, karma will get him or her sooner than later.

No need to lose sleep and complain to Stomp.

Just sow more good deeds and karma will whack the other party for you automatically without you thinking about it.

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The auntie steady. $10 she also want to buy. It's the owner who back out.

BTW, hokkien mee got dao gei meh? I thought I eat one only got spring onions.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The auntie steady. $10 she also want to buy. It's the owner who back out.

BTW, hokkien mee got dao gei meh? I thought I eat one only got spring onions.

this is hokkien fried prawn mee........some also call it hokkien mee.......but not same as the black sauce from zhichar stalls

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP DOG Chan Chun Sing :oIo::oIo::oIo: already eaten $10 carrot cake. :rolleyes: So what is $10 Hokkien mee? :eek:

Last edited:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha citizen journalism... more like citizen online defamation portal.

Shocked but still want to buy? Don't complain...

Last edited:

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
why not when singaporeans are willing to 12 $ to 15$ for a bowl of MSG miso laden ramen. afterall the ingredients are almost identical

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Typical Singaporean behaviour. Complaint about bad service still LL let people earn their money. When I was in Guangzhou, I was inside the shop asking about prices and the salesgirl threw me a "kwa simi lan jiao look" and asked me rudely, "你要买多少?", I just turned and walked away.

At the restaurant, we had finished ordering the dishes and we forgot to order rice. So we asked the captain for rice and he told us, "wait lah!" We just walked out of the restaurant.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
wasted, bro!
you should have asked "你要卖多少?" :wink::wink::wink:

This trip very sad. I travelled with two guys who are more handsome than me. Fitter looking, more hair. All the girls fawn on the two of them and gave me black face. Damn sad. Even the massage girls chose them first. I felt like a cat 50 cheapo duck :(