• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Have You Ever Been Banned And Didn't Know Why

jw5

Loyal
Have you ever been banned from this forum and didn't know why?
Or had your nickname deleted or something or other?

No indication in the infraction log, no explanation, no clue.
Didn't post any offensive pics that u were aware of, can't figure out the reason.
It just happened.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Have you ever been banned from this forum and didn't know why?
Or had your nickname deleted or something or other?

No indication in the infraction log, no explanation, no clue.
Didn't post any offensive pics that u were aware of, can't figure out the reason.
It just happened.

Give me the nick and I'll check the logs. Every single action is recorded.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holy shit....could not get any access to SBF since last night. Only now I can get on. What happened, was it blocked by the authorities?

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Holy shit....could not get any access to SBF since last night. Only now I can get on. What happened, was it blocked by the authorities?

Were you on 3G? Some of us on 3G could not get on. If you are using normal internet, consider using a proxy.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
tot u oways say u haf deleted all ur logs 1 ... :rolleyes:

There are admin logs, moderator logs, script logs etc. The logs that are not saved are IP logs.

If someone is banned, the ban.php log will show when and which mod performed the action.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
You were not banned.

No I was not, but being locked out for a few days and no access at all. Anyway, I wonder why I cannot access the SBF site until now? I can access all other websites except SBF. I got a notice that says time out.

Now I know I can use a proxy which I did not bother to as for with a proxy it is very slow loading of pages.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
No I was not, but being locked out for a few days and no access at all. Anyway, I wonder why I cannot access the SBF site until now? I can access all other websites except SBF. I got a notice that says time out.

Now I know I can use a proxy which I did not bother to as for with a proxy it is very slow loading of pages.

"Time out" is not the same as being "locked out".

Time out indicates a connection problem. If you were locked out, you'd get an MDA message or a server generated "forbidden" message.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Time out" is not the same as being "locked out".

Time out indicates a connection problem. If you were locked out, you'd get an MDA message or a server generated "forbidden" message.

Sorry if that was not the right term for not being able to access the site. 18 hours connection problems to SBF could mean that there was something wrong with stinknet. Was stinknet blocking on purpose? All other websites and forums I visited was ok, fast and smooth. Other members said the same things too.

If it happen once or twice in a week it may happen again. I hope stinknet is not doing it on purpose.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sorry if that was not the right term for not being able to access the site. 18 hours connection problems to SBF could mean that there was something wrong with stinknet. Was stinknet blocking on purpose? All other websites and forums I visited was ok, fast and smooth. Other members said the same things too.

If it happen once or twice in a week it may happen again. I hope stinknet is not doing it on purpose.

My provider was stinknet also. I was in the same situation like you. All other websits were fine. Even the sister forum was ok.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
I hope stinknet is not doing it on purpose.

Don't be ridiculous. Why on earth would an ISP block a site intermittently? It's either blocked or it's not. Probably caused by DNS caching or some related issue. The IP address of this server was changed recently and if an ISP does not refresh it's DNS cache regularly, you may have been sent to the old server which is no longer on line.

The fact that Singapore ISPs route everyone through one gigantic proxy may contribute to the out of date info being stored longer than usual.

groober2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be ridiculous. Why on earth would an ISP block a site intermittently? It's either blocked or it's not. Probably caused by DNS caching or some related issue. The IP address of this server was changed recently and if an ISP does not refresh it's DNS cache regularly, you may have been sent to the old server which is no longer on line.

The fact that Singapore ISPs route everyone through one gigantic proxy may contribute to the out of date info being stored longer than usual.

Let's hope you are right. Earlier I double-checked to make sure I was not directed to the wrong address as can happen sometimes. I google Sammyboy Alfresco Coffee and click on it and the same thing happens too. Before I login here, I just click on my bookmark to enter the site so it means I was sent to the new server, not the old one.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Banned twice, first time dont know who n for what. Second time by drifter, he abused his power because he insisted on attacking Christianity n cannot tahan i rebutted him

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Let's hope you are right. Earlier I double-checked to make sure I was not directed to the wrong address as can happen sometimes. I google Sammyboy Alfresco Coffee and click on it and the same thing happens too. Before I login here, I just click on my bookmark to enter the site so it means I was sent to the new server, not the old one.

Nothing to do with bookmarks. Bookmarks only save the url. Connecting you to the right server is the job of the DNS.

Today sammyboy.com may be on a server with IP address 207.100.10.1

However, because of an upgrade, I might move the site content to another server with IP address 207.100.10.2

I then have to update the DNS to point sammyboy.com to the new server.

However, it takes a while for the DNS changes to propagate worldwide. In most cases, it's less than a couple of hours. However, if an ISP caches DNS info and updates the cache every 48 hours, then you could be sent to 207.100.10.1 for 2 whole days but the site is no longer there so the connection times out.

I suspect this is what has happened to some singnet subscribers.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Drifter banned you, you certainly deserved it. He is one of the most liberal here and has a bucketload of tolerance. I now understand why people take your points down. I feel silly now asking about you.

Banned twice, first time dont know who n for what. Second time by drifter, he abused his power because he insisted on attacking Christianity n cannot tahan i rebutted him

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, it happened to me twice and again this time. This happens everytime an uograde or a system change is done. Had to sit thru for a day.