• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Have You Been Fustrated By Chinese Takeway Food?

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the time. Those cheapo hawkers like to tie up their precious chilli in mini packs so tightly that u usually need a scissors.

What they should do is use those small cup-like containers instead. Hold more chilli and easier to open.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, they give some real chillies which is quite enough frankly..but they tied up their plastics worst than changi prison or guantanomo bay. I really don't know how they learn to up little plastic like that? Did they learn the skill in BMT or OCS?

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The kind of chili packed in small plastic bag and tighted tighty are chili sauce for chicken rice. Wonder whether such chicken rice is suitable for the taste other than Chinese? Usually chicken is cooked in hot water and not deep fried or BBQ, not very suitable for other than the Chinese people. Please do not try to take this food if the taste is not suitable.

kammy

Hi.
new for the site. I find this forum interesting. Yes I was frustrated by Chinese takeway food last year. It made be completely angry and stop eating on the spot.

jw5

Loyal
They give you pack of chilli, you try to open it. Have you been fustrated?
Sometimes it takes a bit of skill to undo the knot.
Alternatively, you can use a pair of scissors to cut or poke a hole in the plastic bag. :smile:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, they give some real chillies which is quite enough frankly..but they tied up their plastics worst than changi prison or guantanomo bay. I really don't know how they learn to up little plastic like that? Did they learn the skill in BMT or OCS?

the ideal is to snip one of the edge with a scissor...

and let all the chilli fall out with relative ease....:biggrin:

SWISS-KNIF-MEMORY-64.jpg

willsayanything

Alfrescian
Loyal
You guys have not been eating enough take-away to realise that there is a secret to open the chilli package.

Twisting the plastic string in one direction will make it tighter, while the other direction will loosen it. turn it continuously in the loosen direction, soon you will find that the whole knob will released with only 1 knob remaining.

noobs......:cool:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah lau...need swiss army knife to open a little chinese takeaway chilli pack. Faint. No wonder Japanese sent 3 million soldiers to China and still lost.

the ideal is to snip one of the edge with a scissor...

and let all the chilli fall out with relative ease....:biggrin:

SWISS-KNIF-MEMORY-64.jpg

N

Nu Wa

Why so troublesome to untie or use scissors? Can use teeth to bite off the corner.

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you find the stupid chillis sauce pack difficult to be untied, then forget about it. Why make a big fuss on this small matter?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't make a big fuss. I only make a small fuss. You all so worried then it becomes big fuss.

middaydog

Alfrescian
Loyal
take away food is not for eating on ze spot ... iz meant 4 take away ...

:p

remind me of one idiot story, though not exactly the same _

after paying for a drink carton at convenience store this guy was seen bargaining with the shop keeper

idiot : Can I bring this carton to open at home or not ? I don't want to open here.
shop keeper : Of course you can. But why you ask ?
idiot : ( point to the top side of carton ) there, you see, the instruction printed on the corner ask me to OPEN HERE :smile: