• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Hard Evidences on the Similarities between Horus & Jesus!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are taking the road of least resistance, the easiest road to drive on - God paved the way. So everything is only possible because of God. And without God nothing is possible. Things are possible because God made it so, and impossible because God was absent! Ok, you win. I can't shake your faith. But you can't get me to believe in things the Bible said happened. Even if God was behind it. Because there is no God. Humans are in charge of this planet. We live here, and we make the laws on this planet. We pay taxes to man-made governments, not to God.

Cheers!

At least I know that if we are talking about the spirit realm it makes no sense to talk about them as though they are physical and material beings, which is the error you are making, which is as absurd as opening up the brain and saying “see, where are your thoughts and dreams? There are therefore no such thing as thoughts and dreams!” LOL! Sarcasm aside, I never said the Bible will answer everything or tell us everything, so you are making a strawman argument. But what I will say is that when one has a Biblical worldview, one is able to think and reason properly to possible right conclusions, even if we have no certainty that the conclusions are spot on. Yes, God is Spirit, no need to eat. But we are body and spirit/soul, so we need to eat lor. Simple and logical answer! See? Not difficult when one reason from the Bible, right?:wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are taking the road of least resistance, the easiest road to drive on - God paved the way. So everything is only possible because of God. And without God nothing is possible. Things are possible because God made it so, and impossible because God was absent! Ok, you win. I can't shake your faith. But you can't get me to believe in things the Bible said happened. Even if God was behind it. Because there is no God. Humans are in charge of this planet. We live here, and we make the laws on this planet. We pay taxes to man-made governments, not to God.

Cheers!

If it is the road of least resistance, then why don't you just believe? LOL!

The issue is not one of ease, but of truth. Yes, without God nothing is possible, not even the universe would exist. You said "Because there is no God". See? And you still wonder why I stick the label of "atheist" on you? :rolleyes:

It is not a matter of "I win", but simply that the worldview of atheism is simply impotent. If you cannot even have a basis for why anything should exist, or why such things as logic even exists, you should really question your current belief system and adopt one that is better, and true. The worldview that has the greater explanatory power should be preferred over that which does not. This is simply being rational.:wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you put me across the table and hence I sit opposite of you. I do like and admire certain aspects of Christianity, and the person of Jesus Christ. Just that I do not believe many stories in the Bible. And some Chrisitians who've come to acquire a "holier than thou...." attitude, snobbing nose up at other faiths with some kind of superior complex - that's a turn-off! Jesus, was a picture of greatness, yet was a humble servant who would wash the feet of others. A king without and army, yet, feared by generals with hordes of soldiers! Just that, there was no such person that could have lived. So we have a story from which we can have a benchmark of perfection to gauge human behaviour by.

Cheers!

If it is the road of east resistance, then why don't you just believe? LOL!

The issue is not one of ease, but of truth. Yes, without God nothing is possible, not even the universe would exist. You said "Because there is no God". See? And you still wonder why I stick the label of "atheist" on you? :rolleyes:

It is not a matter of "I win", but simply that the worldview of atheism is simply impotent. If you cannot even have a basis for why anything should exist, or why such things as logic even exists, you should really question your current belief system and adopt one that is better, and true. The worldview that has the greater explanatory power should be preferred over that which does not. This is simply being rational.:wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you put me across the table and hence I sit opposite of you. I do like and admire certain aspects of Christianity, and the person of Jesus Christ. Just that I do not believe many stories in the Bible. And some Chrisitians who've come to acquire a "holier than thou...." attitude, snobbing nose up at other faiths with some kind of superior complex - that's a turn-off! Jesus, was a picture of greatness, yet was a humble servant who would wash the feet of others. A king without and army, yet, feared by generals with hordes of soldiers! Just that, there was no such person that could have lived. So we have a story from which we can have a benchmark of perfection to gauge human behaviour by.

Cheers!

So what stories of the Bible do you choose to believe as true? Or is it none at all? Yes, there are some Christians who exhibit a “holier than thou” attitude, but I feel that this is perhaps a case of not seeing the log in one’s own eyes when atheists fail to see that they themselves have acquired a “smarter than thou” attitude, scoffing and mocking the faith and beliefs of believers with some kind of “I’m with stupid” complex. You speak well of Jesus, someone who made a mark in history (which no serious historian would deny) and worshipped by millions, yet you would say such a person never existed? You would have to cook up a really bizarre theory to explain how a person of fiction can have such tremendous influence. Yes, in this case, I believe it is far more easier to accept the fact that Jesus existed and that He was exactly what the Bible recorded for us. People who deny that Jesus existed are living in denial, deluding themselves, and slapping themselves in the face each time they pen down a date or remember birthdays because all are with reference to Jesus. Hard truths!

Last edited:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Bible is a lengthy text, a compilation of various books and scriptures, extending over a long time in known history. I can't go into detail all of it, but there are some stories from it that are quite well-known (because of Hollywood) and have become staples in story-telling. The story of Adam and Eve and their creation in the Garden of Eden is a well-known story which is today refuted as being accurate, because man came from an earlier hominid species, Homo Erectus, or Australopithecus. The story of Noah, the Great Flood, and the Ark are another great story, that is in dispute. The Tower of Babel, the story of Jonah and the Great Fish (or Whale) is one that seems more likely the works of Jules Verne!!! The story of the man that was the foundation for Christianity - Jesus of Nazareth. All of these stories are questionable, and are the reasons I say the Bible is fictitious. The reason they were told as they were though, there are good reasons for it - just that they cannot be proven by archaeology nor be logical by sound reasoning. Apart from these, I have no reason (or purpose) to belittle Christianity, or its teachings. I have great admiration for the men (and women) who made sacrifices for the purpose of good. And am glad that there are people of faith.

Cheers!

So what stories of the Bible do you choose to believe as true? Or is it none at all? Yes, there are some Christians who exhibit a “holier than thou” attitude, but I feel that this is perhaps a case of not seeing the log in one’s own eyes when atheists fail to see that they themselves have acquired a “smarter than thou” attitude, scoffing and mocking the faith and beliefs of believers with some kind of “I’m with stupid” complex. You speak well of Jesus, someone who made a mark in history (which no serious historian would deny) and worshipped by millions, yet you would say such a person never existed? You would have to cook up a really bizarre theory to explain how a person of fiction can have such tremendous influence. Yes, in this case, I believe it is far more easier to accept the fact that Jesus existed and that He was exactly what the Bible recorded for us. People who deny that Jesus existed are living in denial, deluding themselves, and slapping themselves in the face each time they pen down a date or remember birthdays because all are with reference to Jesus. Hard truths!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Bible is a lengthy text, a compilation of various books and scriptures, extending over a long time in known history. I can't go into detail all of it, but there are some stories from it that are quite well-known (because of Hollywood) and have become staples in story-telling. The story of Adam and Eve and their creation in the Garden of Eden is a well-known story which is today refuted as being accurate, because man came from an earlier hominid species, Homo Erectus, or Australopithecus. The story of Noah, the Great Flood, and the Ark are another great story, that is in dispute. The Tower of Babel, the story of Jonah and the Great Fish (or Whale) is one that seems more likely the works of Jules Verne!!! The story of the man that was the foundation for Christianity - Jesus of Nazareth. All of these stories are questionable, and are the reasons I say the Bible is fictitious. The reason they were told as they were though, there are good reasons for it - just that they cannot be proven by archaeology nor be logical by sound reasoning. Apart from these, I have no reason (or purpose) to belittle Christianity, or its teachings. I have great admiration for the men (and women) who made sacrifices for the purpose of good. And am glad that there are people of faith.

Cheers!

Yes, the Bible is indeed a compilation of 66 books that spans at least 1500 years. Now for those who think the Bible is nothing but fiction to control people, can they give a rational and plausible explanation why anyone, or how anyone, would want to or could have even oversee this entire process of collecting fictional works over 1500 years and then pass it off as true and get millions of people to believe it? I am pretty sure any CSB being cooked up to explain it can be easily demolished. LOL! You are probably referring to Da Vinci Code. That hogwash did a good job of cementing misconceptions in the minds of many people, but hogwash is hogwash, regardless of how many people believe in it. The claims made in Da Vinci Code are rehash of tired old arguments against the NT that have long been addressed and refuted by NT scholars and historians. You said the account of Adam and Eve has been refuted, and that’s only because you believe evolution is true. Now that is begging the question fallacy. Evolution itself is a theory in crisis, so-called human evolution is but made up, there is more evolution storytelling passing off as fact than the actual evidence shows. LOL! But atheists love a good story, so long as it ends up rejecting God. Any bizarre story can be accepted as true as long as it does not have God as its cause. Again the ONLY REASON why you would dismiss (note you did not refute) the Bible accounts is simply because you are an atheist, period. Much of the Bible has been corroborated by archaeological findings or have been consistent with what we know about those times. How much do you know about such findings? Or are you ignorant of them? Or refuse to know about them even? If you need a couple of references about the historical reliability of the Bible I am happy to share them with you. Are you interested?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I have no idea about that movie, the Da Vinci Code. All I know about it was that the painting, The Last Supper was painted by Leonardo Da Vinci. I don't care what reason(s) he had for that paiting or what inspired the sayings around the painting. He probably painted it based on stories told from generation to generation, and that it contained the characters Jesus had supper with the last days of this life on Earth before Judas finked on him for a handful of silver pieces, so the story goes. Da Vinci was doing what he was paid to do too - as an artist/painter in that era.Hogwash or not? What about it was hogwash? Isn't that what Hollywood does? Sensationalise? Make a tall story out of ordinary events? Ass for the theories about the Bible being concocted to control people, that's part of the political objective of the Church! Look how subservient the peoples under their governance has become. God-fearing. Easily coerced into submission, to pay taxes, because of the fear of God. And its appointed (or mandated) office(s) on this planet. In this the social function of religion (of which the Church is one) is plainly evident. This was spelled out blatantly by Karl Marx when he stated that religion is the opium of the masses. When seen in this context, Christianity is no different from any other large scale religion. The only difference is that Christianity is more refined and suited to post-industrialised societies, as it has moved with the times!

Cheers!

Yes, the Bible is indeed a compilation of 66 books that spans at least 1500 years. Now for those who think the Bible is nothing but fiction to control people, can they give a rational and plausible explanation why anyone, or how anyone, would want to or could have even oversee this entire process of collecting fictional works over 1500 years and then pass it off as true and get millions of people to believe it? I am pretty sure any CSB being cooked up to explain it can be easily demolished. LOL! You are probably referring to Da Vinci Code. That hogwash did a good job of cementing misconceptions in the minds of many people, but hogwash is hogwash, regardless of how many people believe in it. The claims made in Da Vinci Code are rehash of tired old arguments against the NT that have long been addressed and refuted by NT scholars and historians. You said the account of Adam and Eve has been refuted, and that’s only because you believe evolution is true. Now that is begging the question fallacy. Evolution itself is a theory in crisis, so-called human evolution is but made up, there is more evolution storytelling passing off as fact than the actual evidence shows. LOL! But atheists love a good story, so long as it ends up rejecting God. Any bizarre story can be accepted as true as long as it does not have God as its cause. Again the ONLY REASON why you would dismiss (note you did not refute) the Bible accounts is simply because you are an atheist, period. Much of the Bible has been corroborated by archaeological findings or have been consistent with what we know about those times. How much do you know about such findings? Or are you ignorant of them? Or refuse to know about them even? If you need a couple of references about the historical reliability of the Bible I am happy to share them with you. Are you interested?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, I have no idea about that movie, the Da Vinci Code. All I know about it was that the painting, The Last Supper was painted by Leonardo Da Vinci. I don't care what reason(s) he had for that paiting or what inspired the sayings around the painting. He probably painted it based on stories told from generation to generation, and that it contained the characters Jesus had supper with the last days of this life on Earth before Judas finked on him for a handful of silver pieces, so the story goes. Da Vinci was doing what he was paid to do too - as an artist/painter in that era.Hogwash or not? What about it was hogwash? Isn't that what Hollywood does? Sensationalise? Make a tall story out of ordinary events? Ass for the theories about the Bible being concocted to control people, that's part of the political objective of the Church! Look how subservient the peoples under their governance has become. God-fearing. Easily coerced into submission, to pay taxes, because of the fear of God. And its appointed (or mandated) office(s) on this planet. In this the social function of religion (of which the Church is one) is plainly evident. This was spelled out blatantly by Karl Marx when he stated that religion is the opium of the masses. When seen in this context, Christianity is no different from any other large scale religion. The only difference is that Christianity is more refined and suited to post-industrialised societies, as it has moved with the times!

Cheers!

Uh….I’m not talking about the painting. Anyway, you may want to read about up about the Da Vinci code hogwash at the free ebook link below

http://www.ntslibrary.com/PDF Books/The DaVinci Myth Vs The Gospel Truth.pdf

The thing is that it is one thing to claim that the church has used (or rather misused) the Bible to control people, it is another thing to prove that the Bible was created over a period of at least 1500 years using the writing of 40 over persons in order to control people. Don’t just invent CSBs that are even more fantastic than the Bible story itself to discredit the Bible, because it would backfire on you when the spotlight in shined on you.:cool:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the link. But alas, this is where I agree with you totally - the book is hogwash, I didn't even watch the movie!!! Doubt if I'll read this too, it is long, and unnecessary knowledge. But thanks anyway.

Cheers!

Wah...so fast to ignore the book? Give it a chance lah...it would answer a lot of the questions you asked before regarding how the Bible came to be. Surely you won't mind have your current beliefs ruffled a bit and challenged? I am sure you can handle the truth.:wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does not benefit me to know of the book and what it says. As far as I know, the book is classified as fiction in book stores. Leonardo Da Vinci was a renaissance artist, in that period, Europe (or at least parts of it) underwent a surge of revival of its classics, and hence art and sculpture took off to unprecedented heights influenced by Greek thought and philosophy, the additions was Christianity, which influenced society's value system. That'll all I need to know about the renaissance. I am not particularly an artistic type of person and could care less about the individual artistes, nor their works. So I do not have time to indulge in the things of that period. Thanks, but no thanks!

Cheers!

Wah...so fast to ignore the book? Give it a chance lah...it would answer a lot of the questions you asked before regarding how the Bible came to be. Surely you won't mind have your current beliefs ruffled a bit and challenged? I am sure you can handle the truth.:wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It does not benefit me to know of the book and what it says. As far as I know, the book is classified as fiction in book stores. Leonardo Da Vinci was a renaissance artist, in that period, Europe (or at least parts of it) underwent a surge of revival of its classics, and hence art and sculpture took off to unprecedented heights influenced by Greek thought and philosophy, the additions was Christianity, which influenced society's value system. That'll all I need to know about the renaissance. I am not particularly an artistic type of person and could care less about the individual artistes, nor their works. So I do not have time to indulge in the things of that period. Thanks, but no thanks!

Cheers!

LOL! I am not asking you to read the Da Vinci Code lah! Anyway, the ebook link I sent you, just look at the contents page and give it a lookover. It answers many of the usual atheists questions about the Bible, about the church, and whether there are other Gospels the church has hidden. I mean, what have you got to lose? It’s free. Perhaps one hour spent on the book will save us many hours debating on the issues that the book has addressed.