• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Happy National Day and My Exchanges with George Yeo..

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy National Day and My Exchanges with George Yeo on Facebook..
icon1.gif
jaslyngo |
icon2.gif
Exchanges with our Ruling Government |
icon4.gif
08 7th, 2009| Edit|
icon3.gif
No Comments »

Our Burmese friend, John Moe wrote to our Foreign Minister - Mr George Yeo asking him to make clarifications on his recent comment “John Moe was not expelled from Singapore because of his views but for breaking the law in Singapore.”

As John includes me in his response to Mr Yeo, I was privilage to be able to read all the exchanges between them and some of the activists. What caught my attention and spur me to post a reply was when Mr Yeo ended all his response with a “Happy National Day”.

In this National Day, tell me, is there anything we should be happy about when billions of our hard earned money are lost, Singaporean are finding hard to make ends meets as not only the cost of living is rising up, we are competing with foreigners for job while our ministers are still getting their millions salaries, Singaporeans are losing their rights to speak up and yet our government are spending so much money in this tough time glorifying themselves.

Below are some of the exchanges between us…

Jaslyn Go

August 6 at 6:00pm

Thank you for including me in this exchange… I would expect that as a Minster and one who has a voice in parliament, Mr Yeo can do more than just find a country who can accept John Moe. He should find a solution to the root of the problem, which in this case, is the authoritarian law.
Mr Yeo claimed he do mix around with the Myanmar community..well..I do not know many of them, but I do know my Burmese friend prefers to call their homeland Burma instead of Myanmar….
As a Singaporean I should be proud and happy of my nation Independence Day, but how can I be when I feel that I do not belong to and have no voice in my own country. I was charged and currently standing trial for speaking up for my fellow Singaporeans about the rising cost of living here in a peaceful assembly last year.

While Mr Yeo is still drawing millions of salary a year, many Singaporeans are struggling to make ends meet. Mr Yeo, as our Minister, are you aware of the plight of your fellow Singaporeans?

George Yeo

Add as Friend
August 6 at 10:44pm

This policy of not allowing Singapore to be used as a base against foreign governments has served us well although some may disagree. Tinkering with it has wider ramifications which I rather not discuss here. John, thanks for surfacing the past correspondence and refreshing my memory. I remember Joshua appealing on your behalf which I was happy to take up.
Choon Hiong, the Home Ministry/AG has a certain discretion in deciding how to respond to breaches of the law. For WP holders, one way is to withdraw the permit or let it lapse. Sometimes a warning may be sufficient. Sometimes it is necessary to charge offenders in court. Our laws on public assembly and demos are well-known. Jaslyn is clearly opposed to them. I am sure there are others who share her views.
Happy National Day!

Jaslyn Go

Today at 11:22am

Mr. Yeo, I can’t help but feel that you are evading my question in your response. I had asked if you are aware of the plight of your fellow Singaporeans whilst you draw millions of dollars in salary, in fact, several times more than Mr. Obama. You did not respond. And instead unfeelingly end your posting with Happy National Day.

I’m sure there are many others who agree that in a genuinely democratic society, peaceful public gatherings and freedom of speech are basic rights granted to the people. Oh, I forget, this is Singapore we are talking about where democracy has a very different meaning from that which the universally accepted.
It is also interesting to note that you say the “Home Ministry/AG has a certain discretion in deciding how to respond to breaches of the law.” Is it the same kind of discretion you talk about when about 20 of us were charged for the gathering on World Consumers Day and the thousands of people from CASE who gathered the very next day were allowed to gather, process, march and speak.

Mr. Yeo, I believe this is not called discretion. The correct term here is “oppression”.

George Yeo

Add as Friend
Today at 12:03pm

Jaslyn, this spate of exchanges is about Myanmar. I’m not really keen to open a new debate in my FB account about salaries, public assembly etc. Sorry if you thought I was not addressing your concerns. But I wanted to stay focussed on the Myanmar issue.
Kai Xiong raised LTTE which is another subject I don’t really want to go into now. When Prabakharan was killed, I did a blog posting about it.

Andrew, there is always prosecutorial discretion depending on circumstances. This is everyday life. As MPs, we are contantly appealing on behalf of constituents although never to the AG. This doesn’t mean that the law is not applied equally.

Well..at least finally, he got my message and did not end his reply with “Happy National Day”.

I remember reading somewhere our Ministers commented that the people are their employer, however, it is interesting to note that for once, it is not the employer who determine employees salaries but its a case of employees dictating their own salaries.

I make my point and I leave it at that…

http://jaslyngo.sgpolitics.net/?p=400

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just 1 question.Do George Yeo as devout Christian approves what the Burmese Junta is doing to their innocent civilians?

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps this reply from him will enlighten you..

George Yeo

Add as Friend
August 6 at 11:49am

dear John

All this comes under the Home Ministry. I've had to appeal on behalf of some of you to have more time to find a country that can take you when your permits were not renewed.

Singapore has a simple principle which is that we can't allow our small country to be used as a political base against foreign governments whether it is Myanmar, Thailand, Sri Lanka, China or whatever.

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just 1 question.Do George Yeo as devout Christian approves what the Burmese Junta is doing to their innocent civilians?

Can you please rephrase the question to asking the difference between a poor Catholic and a filthy rich through doing fuckoff Catholic?:p

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
BGY007.jpg

I never say anything hor. Don't flame me.
I so busy where got time to go chitchat in what funkboard.
erh...so sorry I mean facebook. So boh liao.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal

you know there's a difference between Catholics and Christians? :biggrin:

what did the Catholic church do when Hitler was slaughtering millions of jews?

it's interesting that SGP doesn't want to get involved in the politics of other countries...

but does it work that way in reality or behind the scenes?

how can this be possible when globalization is taking place?

living in denial is the worse one could do in this modern age.

jim007jimmyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
BGY007.jpg

I never say anything hor. Don't flame me.
I so busy where got time to go chitchat in what funkboard.
erh...so sorry I mean facebook. So boh liao.

this lanjiao bin famous quote

saying that everyone has to "remember their place in society before engaging in political debate", and not consider themselves as being equal with the government.

George Yeo
(The Straits Times, 1995)

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
this lanjiao bin famous quote

saying that everyone has to "remember their place in society before engaging in political debate", and not consider themselves as being equal with the government.

George Yeo
(The Straits Times, 1995)

quotes like this give Hitler the reasons to exist.

TheBonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seeeeeeee! it's so apparent. A simple minded fat short conman running out of ideas to salvage his reputation when there was nothing much in the first place. Where is the mother CB cursing? Ooooor! scare kenna deleted issit?:biggrin:

Do check out the link below. I was right on the money!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

ektay

Alfrescian
Loyal
on this national day.....shall i post the link of a cheating wife who is fucking a lawyer behind her husband back?

i still got the newspaper cutting of the poor husband who went to one office building where that lawyer ah chia work.....hahaha.

jaslyn....shall i do that?

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether he approves or not, the military junta is not going change their basic position.
Even with economic sanctions from most of the western world, she is still churning along.She is acting as a buffer btwn the various countries china, india, thailand etc. None of her neighbours wants her to go into turmoil and becomes a proxy to their conflict esp china and india.
The US wants to influence the outcome of the Burma political scene bcos Burma is a pawn in the encirclement of china. The rest of the pawns are Xinjiang, Iraq, agfanistan, korea, japan, taiwan and countries in SEA

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
>>>it's interesting that SGP doesn't want to get involved in the politics of other countries...<<<

Then why are the Old Fart and co. going around the world lecturing other countries how to run them?