• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Happy Dumpling Festival

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recall Zhang Wuji telling his Ming sect members that they will use the cakes to hide secret messages, and since the moon was shining brightly where they were having their meeting, he decided to call them mooncakes.

lianbeng replies: that's the original story! :biggrin: and not just drama but real!

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I thought that it was Chang Er who made them for her lover The Cowherd & they ate them with tea while they are serenading each other on the moon..that was why they were called "MOONCAKES"? no wonder Neil was disappointed he couldn't buy any to take home.

Back in my time, the "moon cakes " wrappers always show Chang Er with her basket & scattering flowers across the milky way with The Cowherd on his water buffalo..riding along..

lianbeng replies: u like fairytales so much? :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
lianbeng replies: that's the original story! :biggrin: and not just drama but real!

I know it's the original story, just enjoy talking about HS & DS drama series which is fictional (e.g. Zhang Wuji) but incorporates some real things. :biggrin:

Last edited: